• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

And in any case...it was weird, weird way of portraying Guts, though I suspect that was the intent.
Which now reminds me: frankly, Paul's Ursaring had it's problems but I think they actually nailed it 100% in the way they showcased Guts in DP through it. It getting that red aura and going amok is, imo, a perfect interpretation of the ability.

XY and XYZ had amazing development for human characters but very poor development for the actual Pokemon Greninja’s development started out great but ended up poor, lackluster, and disappointment, I strongly dislike what they did with Goodra, and every other Pokemon not named Greninja and Pikachu got sidelined. It isn’t just exclusive to Ash as Serena’s Sylveon got the majority of the spotlight and development in XYZ while Braixen and especially Pancham got shafted. I like to mock Season 13 for overfocusing on Infernape, but at least they gave a chance for others to shine and Infernape isn’t in every battle like Greninja is. XYZ is literally the Ash Greninja show.
Ash’s Kalos team got treated like sh*t

XY and XYZ had amazing development for human characters but very poor development for the actual Pokemon Greninja’s development started out great but ended up poor, lackluster, and disappointment, I strongly dislike what they did with Goodra, and every other Pokemon not named Greninja and Pikachu got sidelined. It isn’t just exclusive to Ash as Serena’s Sylveon got the majority of the spotlight and development in XYZ while Braixen and especially Pancham got shafted. I like to mock Season 13 for overfocusing on Infernape, but at least they gave a chance for others to shine and Infernape isn’t in every battle like Greninja is. XYZ is literally the Ash Greninja show.
Ash’s Kalos team got treated like sh*t
I say this was only a problem in XYZ I think that Ash's other pokemon got good development in XY same with Serena's other pokemon. I think that Ash's Infernape is a bit of a worst case of taking most of the spotlight.

The "Rowlet is God" meme is old and kinda annoying imo

Lycanroc won the League

Torracat defeating Kukui's strongest Pokemon

Pikachu took out Legendaries

But only Rowlet is called a "God" because.......
it defeated it's evolution.......?

.......Which is something that every Unevolved Starter has done at least once

Lycanroc won the League

That's a meme? Since when?

Lycanroc won the League

It sounds more like a sarcastic meme to me.

Lycanroc won the League

Agreed. Hell, it’s not even one I’d even put on the level of other unevolved starters with impressive feats. It might as well just be Captain Plot Armor considering the ridiculous things it pulled off by somehow using Feather Dance as a Substitution Jutsu like it just stepped out of Naruto. I still call foul with how it somehow escaped a point blank Solar Beam from Venusaur while trapped in its flower.

Lycanroc won the League

Thank god Im not the only one who hates that meme (especially because it was created and popularized by a pedo iirc) Honestly that’s why I hate Ashs Rowlet so much is because how the fandom thinks it’s God when no it’s stupid and dumb

Lycanroc won the League

We have lord bidoof like meme in pokemon Fandom as well while that Bidoof is pathetically weak, people act like Bidoof is more powerful than Arceus Rowlet meme is pretty much same except he isn't weak (weakest in Alola team but not weak pokemon)

Wait wtf is the story behind this?
Well, to make it as short as possible, there was once a Poketuber that went by the username of EntityMays who specialized in coverage about the anime and was actually rather popular. He was even part of a trio called ThePokeBros with Lumiose Trainer Zac and The PokeRaf, two other Poketubers who also specialize in anime content. EntityMays was a huge fan of the Alola saga, and Rowlet was one of his favorite characters due to its cute and funny antics while still remaining a strong battler. I'm pretty sure Mays had always called Rowlet "God" due to his liking of it, but the nickname only really took off when Rowlet beat Hau's Decidueye, which some people actually found to be hilarious, so it was felt by some that the God nickname had only been made even more fitting.

Then some time later a former fan of his who I decided to keep unnamed for the sake of their safety and privacy came forward with the revelation that EntityMays had been interacting with him in some very disgusting ways, such sending him nudes and admiting to masturbating to photos of him, etc. EntityMays was already around 21 at the time, and the fan in question was a minor. Needless to say, when this news broke out, EntityMays was swiftly kicked off ThePokeBros (which were also subsequently disbanded altogether) and he closed all his social media accounts and his YouTube channel. Since then, the usage of the "God Rowlet" meme has been even more contentious than it was before, as now even many people who like Rowlet despise this phrase due to its strong ties with EntityMays.

Well, to make it as short as possible, there was once a Poketuber that went by the username of EntityMays who specialized in coverage about the anime and was actually rather popular. He was even part of a trio called ThePokeBros with Lumiose Trainer Zac and The PokeRaf, two other Poketubers who also specialize in anime content. EntityMays was a huge fan of the Alola saga, and Rowlet was one of his favorite characters due to its cute and funny antics while still remaining a strong battler. I'm pretty sure Mays had always called Rowlet "God" due to his liking of it, but the nickname only really took off when Rowlet beat Hau's Decidueye, which some people actually found to be hilarious, so it was felt by some that the God nickname had only been made even more fitting.

Then some time later a former fan of his who I decided to keep unnamed for the sake of their safety and privacy came forward with the revelation that EntityMays had been interacting with him in some very disgusting ways, such sending him nudes and admiting to masturbating to photos of him, etc. EntityMays was already around 21 at the time, and the fan in question was a minor. Needless to say, when this news broke out, EntityMays was swiftly kicked off ThePokeBros (which were also subsequently disbanded altogether) and he closed all his social media accounts and his YouTube channel. Since then, the usage of the "God Rowlet" meme has been even more contentious than it was before, as now even many people who like Rowlet despise this phrase due to its strong ties with EntityMays.

Huh. From looking further onto this, his YouTube channel seem to be still around. I've not clicked onto any of his videos to see if they're active or frozen, but man. This spread is concerning.

Back
Top Bottom