• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Felt repetitive to the Galactic arc/Arceus movie, no buildup, and it felt pointless. They could have at least done it in Stark Mountain. Plus the art style is a huge turnoff and I’m tired of Ash.
Tbf I haven’t watch the second part yet and I probably never will. I know people say “don’t judge a book by its cover” but I don’t want to waste 40 mins of my life watching it.
If there was more LA stuff I would watch it, but nope, this doesn’t even promote the new games right.
You won't watch 40 minutes of a well animated special, but that's not any different than watching 20 minutes of a repetitive/mundane filler from time to time.

Regardless of what people think of Bea's treatment in the anime, for months now, I've felt her treatment in the anime has been far superior to that in Pokémon Adventures. And just now, I saw something that cemented that opinion for me.
d161faeb-9eb7-47e7-8fb6-27d109459529.png

The anime version of Bea would never say that she's inexperienced. While she's not my favorite Gym Leader of all time, I still respect her enough to take her calling herself "inexperienced" as an extremely untrue statement.

Regardless of what people think of Bea's treatment in the anime, for months now, I've felt her treatment in the anime has been far superior to that in Pokémon Adventures. And just now, I saw something that cemented that opinion for me.
View attachment 155636
The anime version of Bea would never say that she's inexperienced. While she's not my favorite Gym Leader of all time, I still respect her enough to take her calling herself "inexperienced" as an extremely untrue statement.
I don’t really follow the manga, but there are legitimately talented people with self esteem issues. Not all talented people have a mental health that allows them call themselves experienced and talented.

I don’t really follow the manga, but there are legitimately talented people with self esteem issues. Not all talented people have a mental health that allows them call themselves experienced and talented.
Maybe, but I've never been a fan of Adventures making experienced Trainers have unwarranted confidence issues.

Maybe, but I've never been a fan of Adventures making experienced Trainers have unwarranted confidence issues.
1C2A1362-328D-4B73-9F75-050D4F889785.jpeg
You might want to read about the Dunning Kruger effect. People who’re very well versed and experienced (but not the best or an expert) tend to have astronomically low estimations of what they actually know. It is a legitimate issue when a budding professional realised how vast their field of expertise actually is and how little they know.

Characters plagued by uncertainity about their own abilities is something that needs to be normalised in media in my opinion, personally and not painted as “lying to themselves”. It can be a legitimate mental health issue.

An actual controversial opinion for once:
I don’t mind type overlaps. Honestly, a Pokémon doesn’t become useless or redundant just because another Pokémon of the same type is present. The writers neglecting one over the other is a writing issue, not a type issue. As long as they have different moves and look different enough I don’t think a Pokémon shouldn’t be added just because another one of the same type exists, and it shouldn’t be counted as a negative against the newer ‘mon.

View attachment 155644You might want to read about the Dunning Kruger effect. People who’re very well versed and experienced (but not the best or an expert) tend to have astronomically low estimations of what they actually know. It is a legitimate issue when a budding professional realised how vast their field of expertise actually is and how little they know.

Characters plagued by uncertainity about their own abilities is something that needs to be normalised in media in my opinion, personally and not painted as “lying to themselves”. It can be a legitimate mental health issue.
Ok I get what you mean but why use Bea for this? I feel like it would make more sense to use Gordie for this.

Ok I get what you mean but why use Bea for this? I feel like it would make more sense to use Gordie for this.
Like I said, I have no idea since I don’t follow the manga, I was just commenting on the general complaint of “character is deliberately lying about their own abilities" thing.

I’m going to write a very long rant about Ash-Greninja’s storyline and how Greninja got wasted and thus is not as strong as Sceptile, Pikachu, Charizard, etc. I’m going to be quoting some replies on this thread about it if that’s okay.

I’m going to write a very long rant about Ash-Greninja’s storyline and how Greninja got wasted and thus is not as strong as Sceptile, Pikachu, Charizard, etc. I’m going to be quoting some replies on this thread about it if that’s okay.
I'm just going to say that just because Ash-Greninja's arc was wasted and I agree to that. That doesn't mean that its weaker than any of Ash's older aces.

I agree that they handled Ash-Greninja's story poorly with how they wrapped it up. I think forcing that loss against Alain was one of the absolute worst decisions the writers have ever made. But you are seriously over-exaggerating Ash-'Greninja being weaker just because of one battle that should have gone his way to begin with.

It is weaker and I’ll prove it. Still one of his strongest Pokemon
It was one battle and it was a battle he would have won if not for the fact that Alain's MCX was given all of the plot armor needed to somehow no sell Ash-Greninja's last attack.

Maybe Ash WAS supposed to win the Kalos League, but the higher-ups decided to have Alain win.
It's a pretty common theory. There was some line from Lysandre (I can't recall exactly what) that gets brought up regarding it; I think he claims that Battle Bond is greater than Mega Evolution or something, which would make a lot more sense if Ash had won.

It's a pretty common theory. There was some line from Lysandre (I can't recall exactly what) that gets brought up regarding it; I think he claims that Battle Bond is greater than Mega Evolution or something, which would make a lot more sense if Ash had won.
True. It would also explain why the title of the episode made it sound like Ash was going to win.

Back
Top Bottom