• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Sigh. Like how we lost XY's lack of blur and stock backgrounds for moves and battles. I really wish that was a staple going forward; certainly helped with the immersion, with a good example being Viola's greenhouse during her Gym Battles.
I wish we kept XYs art style. Ash looked so much older and mature and we should have had that Ash going forward. Gen 9 can right what was wronged

Weren’t the Sailor Moon evolutions intentionally exclusive to the Tsareena line?
No, in that same clip you can actually see Ash's Rockruff's evolution too and it's animated the same way with the body parts visibly morphing and the Pokemon not turning into a silhouette of light.

Lol, SM really said "You know those Digimon evolution sequences? Yeah, do us a couple of those, please."

Turns out Pokemon is a Digimon rip-off!!!!! Smh my head!

Say what you will about Sun and Moon but I will NEVER forgive Journeys for getting rid of the Unique Evolution Animations!!!

https://twitter.com/lindalejandrad1/status/1535553158054920193?t=5-fmAPeZuPKbmJK3dxu5OQ&s=19
I love just how unique and fun these evolutions look.

Mallow's Tsareena evolves twice just like a Magical Girl transformation;

You can see Rockruff "absorbing" some energy aroung himself and then actually morphing;

If you pay close attention, you can Grubbin for just a fraction of a second when Charjabug evolves. It's like Charjabug is treated as an actual cocoon for the eventual Vikavolt, and I really love it.

And finally, I love how they didn't used the blueish white light for Litten, it just engulfes itself in flames and then comes out as a Torracat

Idk, there's something so fulfilling in seeing evolutions being trated as an actual biological process and opposed to some form of "magic" it was always treated as. I don't want this to seem like another dunk on JN, but it just reminds me of just how much personality the anime lost when JN got out.

I don't expect anything from Pokemon Journeys other than to properly introduce the new Galar Pokemon. I don't care if it knocks out the whole personality, although of course it would be cooler. I'm still waiting for Lana to arrive with Crarmorant!

Something I absolutely don't understand about Rockruff's Evolution is why did Tapu Lele use Draining Kiss on Ash. The Evolution scene would have been perfectly okay to me if it didn't do this.

The thing wrong about that is the fact that it looks like a symbol, as if Dusk Lycanroc was Ash-Lycanroc, as Tapu Lele also used the move on the other 2 Lycanrocs. The problem is that having an Ace being an "Ash-Pokémon" feels extremely rendundant after Ash-Greninja.

The thing wrong about that is the fact that it looks like a symbol, as if Dusk Lycanroc was Ash-Lycanroc, as Tapu Lele also used the move on the other 2 Lycanrocs. The problem is that having an Ace being an "Ash-Pokémon" feels extremely rendundant after Ash-Greninja.
What? No it doesn't. All she did was kiss him on the cheek to have enough energy to rockruff. It's not like lycanroc fur turned resembled ash clothes or anything

Ah ok. It's just that I have seen reviews that correlated Lycanroc's Dusk Form with the Draining Kiss (the only Pokémon Tapu Lele kissed were the 2 other Lycanrocs).

Rockruff's evolution is well done. And it's one of the most intimate Pokemon sequels that go really deep. One Journey Ends, Another Begins... is another such episode. I have to commend Sun and Moon for that!

The really disappointing thing for me was that Kukui didn't use a single Alola Pokemon? There would have been so many: Passimian, Lurantis, and Golem Alola Form. I don't want to see an entire Alola team, but maybe a few. It was the penultimate episode (and still two before that) because you could have let the region and its Pokemon pass by. But they make them look like wild Pokemon that might as well fight a bit! (We've never really seen them "fight") Oh man how can you just let an opportunity like this pass? (Also in Battle Royal 151 I missed the hikers. So the ones from Sparking Confusion)

Back
Top Bottom