• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

The anime doesn't even pretend that there best buds. That was one episode and then forgotten immediately after.

It's mostly people on Twitter I see trying to play up their non existent relationship
Which reminds me....

Please explain to me why they completely threw Cinderace's broship with Inteleon completely out the window...

..So that they could force this wierd narrative of Cinderace and Lucario being "Friends" despite them never interacting prior to the DD Arc...

...Only for them to completely throw that relationship out the window as well?!

JN writers I am in your walls. Y'all will never know peace

Which reminds me....

Please explain to me why they completely threw Cinderace's broship with Inteleon completely out the window...

..So that they could force this wierd narrative of Cinderace and Lucario being "Friends" despite them never interacting prior to the DD Arc...

...Only for them to completely throw that relationship out the window as well?!

JN writers I am in your walls. Y'all will never know peace
Did they have a broship? They definitely did when he was a sobble, but after Inteleon involved I don't think they interacted. Heck Inteleon has never even spoken ONE word to grookey.

Did they have a broship? They definitely did when he was a sobble, but after Inteleon involved I don't think they interacted. Heck Inteleon has never even spoken ONE word to grookey.
You know what I meant. :wynaut:

Potatoe, Pototoe, it's the same person just with a different name now

Last edited:
You know what I meant. :wynaut:

Potatoe, Pototoe, it's the same person just with a different name now
Ah I see, my mistake then. But yeah, seems one a Pokemon evolves , all relationship is thrown out the window. But this has plagues other series , like XY. Just journey seems to be the worst examples of this

What clemont did the chespin and goh did to raboot still count as abandonment. Even if it was behind good intentions

When insecurity clouds someone's judgment.

However, I know of people who said that Gou was merely pretending affliction.
Beneath it he was; either ecstatic over getting rid of Rabifutto, or satisfied for punishing it for liking those Pokemon more than him.

Yes especialy in alola he gets a over hungry boi with an pog-grin and its more childlike as in XY where he build up an little adult that in former series Brock overtakes or Cilan. No front!

Last edited:
I'll suppport the opinion, she is more like a friend of a friend. Almost no real connection between them. But maybe its just the bad writing from the start.
How about the fact that that Chloe has only appeared in 44 (soon to be 45,) episodes out of 119? That's.......yikes. She basically got the Tracey treatment. That's probably why people say she's not Ash's friend, if I had to guess. Because she's just.......never around, so we never get to see any friendship she and Ash may or may not have. And, as a given, the bad writing you mentioned also played a part (goes hand in hand with/is the reason for her lack of appearances.)

I don't think that Ash and Chloe are particularly close friends, but at the same time, I think saying that they aren't friends isn't accurate. The real problem has more to do with Chloe's lack of screentime more so than anything else since that prevented her from developing more of a connection with both Ash and Goh for that matter. Even with that in mind, Ash still cares about Chloe and has shown support for her becoming a trainer and trying to find her path with Eevee. Putting how limited it was to keep her focus exclusively on the Eevee evolutions on the side for a moment, that still shows a better relationship between the two of them than when Journeys first began.

I don't think that Ash and Chloe are particularly close friends, but at the same time, I think saying that they aren't friends isn't accurate. The real problem has more to do with Chloe's lack of screentime more so than anything else since that prevented her from developing more of a connection with both Ash and Goh for that matter. Even with that in mind, Ash still cares about Chloe and has shown support for her becoming a trainer and trying to find her path with Eevee. Putting how limited it was to keep her focus exclusively on the Eevee evolutions on the side for a moment, that still shows a better relationship between the two of them than when Journeys first began.
Exactly right. Hell, when Journeys first began, she just straight up ignored him while he was lying dazed on the ground. That was......pretty cold.

Its not that they're not friends. They're certainly friendly towards each other. The thing is, Chloe doesn't have a close bond with Ash in the sense that characters like Misty, Serena, or Dawn had. A large part of that is due to the fact that she's only been present for 44 of the current 115 episodes. The decision to not have a main female lead was always one I questioned. Instead we have a major supporting character with a rather dull storyline that I'm sure is going to have a very anti-climactic ending to.

Its not juat the lack of screentime realy, cause even when she is there she is prob doing things not related to Ash. Even when she was not traveling by herself she got seperated from them sometimes (in Galar for example with Rapidash).

But there are the epiaodes with fossils and eevee quest seems lil more of a bonding. Not sure its enough.

I still think they are not close friends due to writing though.

Yes they are. People need to stop acting like every member of a friend circle need to be equally aquainted with each other. This isn't early Journeys where they barely conversed. No

I just don't see them hanging out together if it wasn't for goh. The fact that ash never talked to her about just keeping evee the way it is, instead of Lana says alot.

The fact that he missed her contest .Which is something I don't see him doing to dawn or Serena. And she is never interested in any of his battles. I dont even think they had a personal conversation together. It might be better accurate to say they aren't close friends.

This is the same reason why many think Serena and clemont weren't particularly close. In SM , they made sure ash had individual time with every cast member. That's 5 characters right there. For some reason they only did that with Chloe once. In the Amazon special. And if you don't have Amazon, good luck knowing that

I just hope that the anime writers don't make the mistake of leaving out a main female lead the next season. I mean, this series is supposed to be from everyone and its clear they've been trying to go against the old formula since the Sun and Moon anime, but not having a girl on the main cast shouldn't be a tradition they break. Honestly they could've made Goh a girl and I doubt his personality, goal, relationships or dynamic with Ash would've changed much if not at all.

A bit unrelated, kinda makes me wish Pikachu had been a girl from the start, at least then the two faces of the anime would represent both genders.

I just hope that the anime writers don't make the mistake of leaving out a main female lead the next season. I mean, this series is supposed to be from everyone and its clear they've been trying to go against the old formula since the Sun and Moon anime, but not having a girl on the main cast shouldn't be a tradition they break. Honestly they could've made Goh a girl and I doubt his personality, goal, relationships or dynamic with Ash would've changed much if not at all.

A bit unrelated, kinda makes me wish Pikachu had been a girl from the start, at least then the two faces of the anime would represent both genders.
If they do, please make her a battler. We haven't truly had one since dawn and iris (sorta) imo.

Back
Top Bottom