• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial Pop Culture Opinions.

I don’t get people who add you on facebook and ignore you in person. I’ve seen plenty of people saying that it doesn’t matter, “don’t take it personal” they say. Well why would I want someone sniffing through my social media whom I can’t interact in person if I see them? Weird to me. Glad I don’t have facebook anymore, it leads to many un needed misunderstandings.

So...The Lord of the Rings. Said to be the greatest work of fantasy and a literary masterpiece that is unsurpassed since its creation.

Yet no matter how many times I make myself read the books or watch the movies, I just don’t see what people like about it. It’s not that I even dislike it - even worse, I have nothing but apathy towards it as the franchise just bores me to tears.

Hm in my opinion even tho it's absolutely beautifully animated I do not care for Howl's Moving Castle at all, it was an entire nothing movie to me. Nothing great (besides how it looks obviously) nothing bad

It was also explicitly written as a children's book series, and that should be respected in any adaptation.
I don’t really agree with this, given that things that were written as children's books pre, say, 1980 are frequently far more complex than many books for adults now

Children's media can be complex. Kids and teens are smarter than you might think (the vas majority are dumb because the vast majority of people period are dumb).

sure, they can be. but compare the hobbit to a modern-day adult novel. its separate realms. tolkien makes, say, james patterson look like fucking paul auster

Beyblade Burst should have ended at either Chouzetsu/Cho-Z/Turbo or GT/Gachi/Rise. Cho-Z gave us a great underdog story, and even though GT did the same, it was moreso an underdog story for a team in general. Sparking was a HUUUGE disservice to the legacy of the series, especially with the treatment of characters we haven't seen for almost 3 seasons like Ranzo, Silas, Wakiya, ect. Granted, Dynamite Battle wasn't too bad, and QuadStrike looks like it could be great, but I feel like it still could've worked if we either skipped a system (GT System -> DB System), or ended it completely and went to whatever Gen 4 of Beyblade will look like.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed my rambling about spinning tops.

Last edited:
Wait are people saying Lord of the Rings was written for children? The Hobbit was, but comparing LOTR's writing style and prose (at least later on--you can tell the earlier chapters were more of a Hobbit sequel) to something like Narnia or it's own predecessor should make it pretty clear it isn't.

Beyblade Burst should have ended at either Chouzetsu/Cho-Z/Turbo or GT/Gachi/Rise. Cho-Z gave us a great underdog story, and even though GT did the same, it was moreso an underdog story for a team in general. Sparking was a HUUUGE disservice to the legacy of the series, especially with the treatment of characters we haven't seen for almost 3 seasons like Ranzo, Silas, Wakiya, ect. Granted, Dynamite Battle wasn't too bad, and QuadStrike looks like it could be great, but I feel like it still could've worked if we either skipped a system (GT System -> DB System), or ended it completely and went to whatever Gen 4 of Beyblade will look like.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed my rambling about spinning tops.
I have watched 2/3 episodes of Beyblade in my life and I still wonder how the hell Ginga's dad is still alive.

I have watched 2/3 episodes of Beyblade in my life and I still wonder how the hell Ginga's dad is still alive.
I should mention, I'm specifically talking about the 3rd generation of Beyblade, Burst. Metal Fight (aka the one where Moses fights with spinning tops) is the 2nd gen. Sorry if this comes off as rude! (I would recommend watching Burst though, it's pretty good.) But seriously, how the f- are half the characters in the Metal Fight series alive

AI-generated anything has it's purpose. "Regulatory" (read: business monopolies) bodies have problems with how AI-generated anything is inherently difficult to monetize (which is why it shouldn't be).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom