• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial Pop Culture Opinions.

- Nadia And The Secret of Blue Water has many problems outside of the Infamous 13 filler episodes that no one talks about. It seems hard to have a discussion about this anime considering people who watch it are mostly Evangelion fans who aren't into it or downright call it an Evangelion draft or very hardcore fans who watched it when they were children.
Here's a list : the entirety of the cast is unlikable, Marie is useless, Nadia is supposed to be the adventurous heroine but she's almost always reduced to a damsel in distress, Jean's creations are hardly believable, the episodes on the Nautilus are really not that good (no action), the eyecatches sound bad, some of the events in the show happen for no real reason (coincidences), the last episodes introduce too many things at once and last but not least, Sanson is a pedophile ; why is everyone okay with this ?

- The Idolm@ster franchise should have stopped with the original cast. Nowadays there are way too many characters and some of them don't even have voice actors even though it's supposed to be a music franchise... Keeping the same characters and making them grow up/change would have been way more interesting.

TikTok is not the best place for upcoming musicians tbh, a lot of the songs that have gotten popular off that app are incredibly annoying. Granted, I think I am way past the age demographic that artists try to aim for anyway.
Its okay to dislike a celebrity but to make it your entire personality is strange.
Stan culture is weird, especially because a lot of people don't even know what the meaning of stan is.

It just feels like stagnation in media. I enjoy SOME sequels out there, but it feels like 90% of media is just a reboot/remake/sequel/prequel to some popular nostalgic movie or series. It makes modern media feel dull and uninspired.

I’m with you 100% here, but I didn’t know this was controversial…are there a slough of people out there defending the long, grueling march of remakes after reboot after prequel after sequel, ad infinitum?

This isn’t a rhetorical question. I don’t stay up to date with pop culture, so I honestly don’t know.

I’m with you 100% here, but I didn’t know this was controversial…are there a slough of people out there defending the long, grueling march of remakes after reboot after prequel after sequel, ad infinitum?

This isn’t a rhetorical question. I don’t stay up to date with pop culture, so I honestly don’t know.
I mean I've known some people who enjoyed sequels (heck, the Top Gun one was better than expected).

I've not been into the recent Super Sentai seasons as of late. While I haven't watch them yet, I've not like the previous season Zenkaiger since I didn't like the ultra comedy route and how it forgets to represent the pre-Zyuranger/Mighty Morphin Sentai teams (not a single member outside of Zenkaiser and Starceaser (who didn't join till the end of the show) is based on a team before Zyuranger) or how obsessed it seems with Zyuranger (a team member, a power-up and multiple mechs use Zyuranger/ Mighty Morphin as a base). I'm also not a fan to the current season, Avataro Sentai Donbrothers due to using the same gimmick with a even worse morpher (the bright yellow sucks) and simply using Gokaiger's gimmick with really no context. It doesn't help that it seems it's trying to copy the success of its predecessor which it was designed as a semi-sequel to Zenkaiger, the team is also one of my least favorites. Honestly, when I do watch the season, I'm only excited to watch the antagonists.

I'm looking forward for the next season, but I have some big doubts judging how some of these past seasons have been going. Though I need to catch up, I never finished Lupinranger vs Patranger so I'm a few seasons behind.

Because most of those kids are (and were at the time) total edgelords. They're just more ashamed of that fact now.

The "Let's take a children's property/movie/book/cartoon etc and turn it into a shocker horror flick that's super-duper dark!" trope is lazy and ridiculous.

I said what I said.
It's been so overdone, yeah.

I'm waiting for someone to kickstart the opposite i.e. "what if we took this adults' media and made a lighthearted adaptation"

Heck, I'd do my own right now: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure but it's about elementary/middle schoolers roleplaying in the local neighborhood (the 'stands' are their OCs). Any character that 'dies' was just called home for dinner. Berserk but its high schoolers writing a novel during lunch. Breaking Bad but it's a fanfiction written by a teacher's students.

Last edited:

I'm waiting for someone to kickstart the opposite i.e. "what if we took this adults' media and made a lighthearted adaptation"

Heck, I'd do my own right now: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure but it's about elementary/middle schoolers roleplaying in the local neighborhood (the 'stands' are their OCs). Any character that 'dies' was just called home for dinner. Berserk but its high schoolers writing a novel during lunch. Breaking Bad but it's a fanfiction written by a teacher's students.
They did that with Attack on Titan. The plot was kickstarted because a Titan bully ate Ehren's hamburger. I'm not kidding.

I can't say that I wouldn't watch that. I could use more positivity in my life.

Now that I re-read this, your idea for Jojo sounds like an anime adaptation of the obscure fighting game Rakugakids. Now I'm imagining the stands drawn in chalk like in that game...

People would appreciate Jiminy Cockthroat a lot more if A: the UI wasn't so obnoxious and B: it didn't lock you into missions. The latter practically requires you to tell a story the only way a video game can: through the environment, items, and gameplay.

Also, whilst an entire game probably couldn't be made around this, the idea of a co-op FPS level wherein a group of players is forced to enact a stereotypical Spunkgargleweewee single-player level would be fun and hilarious. It would basically serve as a destiny-style team-based puzzle challenge.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom