• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Convenient changes in HG/SS

Juicy Jazzy

Reaction score
After playing through up to Kanto in my Soul Silver game I cant believe how welcoming some of the changes have been from both G/S and even from recent games like Platinum.

If you've played the game or watched videos etc please list some convenient changes that you feel were added well.

I like the way you can select a tab on the touchsceen which makes you run without having to hold the B button...

The whole fucking menu system in general(besides the fact that right handed bastards get all the joy of a d-pad and touchscreen only control system)

It's cool how it uses the touch screen more.

Yay! 1000th post!

I like that's it's a DS game.
:)
Touch screen additions are verry much appreciated, and I like when touch screen functionality is not only included, but optional.

What else?,
*Running shoes toggle
*All badges can be seen
*Overworld shiny pokemon

just the general menu and all it's little gadgets. It's very efficient.

Running shoe toggle button. Now my poor B button can breathe.

Itemfinder. This is the first Itemfinder which was really convenient and fun to use (I hated the Poketch one).

But then, there's that walking Pokemon, which I keep talking to ALL THE TIME. That's totally inconvenient.

Swearing aside.
The menu overhaul is great. Looks great and works great.
The tall grass actually being tall and dense looking, not important but I like it.
Being able to headbutt trees again is good, its far easier than smearing honey everywhere and waiting for hours on end.

I finished Soul Silver a week ago and went back to Platinum.

In SS you can hear footstep sounds everywhere you go and I love it. In Platinum you only hear footsteps when you're running in snow, puddles of water etc.

I love love love the following pokémon! They're so cute and I think it just adds certain je ne sais quoi to the game. <3 It's also convenient, because then if you continue playing after a little hiatus you'll immediately see who's the first one on your team.

The touch screen menu system is also pretty nice. And the ability to register two key items! Finally I can fish and bike without having to open up the menu every time...

There's nothing convenient about this game. It sucks!

If their isn't then don't post here. Also do not say it sucks WITHOUT pointing out why in details. Even then they have a seperate thread for this. :-|

Personally the new bred moves, following pokemon, and New Areas like the Safari Zone. :)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom