• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cooking classes

I took a cooking class 3-4 years ago. I was sorely disappointed, we learned less about cooking and more about Chinese Culture.

I took a required cooking class in 7th grade, or what was supposed to be a cooking class. It was mostly a class about all different kinds of careers with a little cooking on the side. And none of it was even real cooking--it was all prepackaged crap. I'd like to take a real cooking class sometime.

I did take one a few Summers ago. It was a French-French History-Cooking class sort of thing. We made rather fancy dishes, actually. I remember the female teacher talking to us about the invention of the Ratatouille while we made one, and the Head Chef interrupted every five minutes to explain each French word. I got a kick out of it, and I also learned how to fount up to 10 in French. Yay me!

I took 3 of the four classes available at my high school.

I chose cooking as an elective for school and I'm currently doing it this semester. On Monday we're making scones!

I took a cooking class for two years. I hated cooking, so I mostly washed dishes and cleaned.

Took one in high school. It was one of my favorite classes. Interestingly, most of the dishes were Indian curries. Of course, the fact that the teacher was Indian probably had to do with it. The only thing I hated was how her accent was so heavy that it nearly led to a few disasters.

Because I went to a boy's high school, cooking wasn't offered as an elective for us. The only thing we made in the tiny kitchen was cookies in 7th grade (and some crepes this year when we were fundraising for our European trip).

Unfortunately, I have never actually had any formal cooking classes. The only classes I've had for cooking techniques were from my father. He was in a cooking class, he's told me. >3> Used to get made fun of it since it was apparently a 'girl's class' back when he was taking it. Though, that was something he could quickly turn around on the guys and go, "duh, why do you think I'm taking it? It's full of girls. CB" -- Derailing. But, again, no... no formal classes taken. Just being taught whatever my father remembers from his cooking classes from waaaay back when twenty or thirty something years ago at this point.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom