• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Coolest Pokemon cries?

Simba

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone's favorite Pokemon cries are. Here's mine!

Regice
Magnezone
Nidoking
Starmie (pre-Gen VI)
Hippopotas (Gen VI)
Drowzee
Chimchar
Exeggute
Mantine
...and of course, the coolest, best cry ever -- Jynx!

I liked Sceptile's old cry. Regigas and pre-Gen VI Staraptor are pretty cool too. (Seriously, why did they change Staraptor's to a weird trilling noise? It's awful now.)

Stunfisk, Aromatisse, Kricketune, Hippopotas, Sharpedo, Cloyster, Victreebel, Parasect, Vespiqueen, and Drifblim all have pretty gr8 cries. Especially Aromatisse. It sounds like some sort of fairy cow.

I like how Mamoswine, Stoutland and Bouffalant sound like real world animals and that Skuntank is just someone letting out a massive fart.

Noctowl and Raikou are two of mine. Absol's is also quite distinctive. And Riolu, definitely, that cute little bark had me making a beeline down Challenger's Cave the first time I heard it.

Therian-Landorus' Gen V cry is badass, it sounds like an actual tiger. Drifblim (pre-VI) is up there too, since its cry sounds almost like a rock concert lol.
Kyogre's Gen VI cry, though, is just awful. When I first heard it, I actually had to hear it again to make sure what I just heard was correct.

Stunfisk, Aromatisse, Kricketune, Hippopotas, Sharpedo, Cloyster, Victreebel, Parasect, Vespiqueen, and Drifblim all have pretty gr8 cries. Especially Aromatisse. It sounds like some sort of fairy cow.

Heh, whenever you faint Aromatisse, it sounds like it says, "Oh, nooo!"

Therian-Landorus' Gen V cry is badass, it sounds like an actual tiger. Drifblim (pre-VI) is up there too, since its cry sounds almost like a rock concert lol.
Kyogre's Gen VI cry, though, is just awful. When I first heard it, I actually had to hear it again to make sure what I just heard was correct.

Yeah, they re-recorded a lot of cries in Gen VI that sound way crappier than the originals.

Aggron and Samurott's cries are simply god-tier. If I play with head-phones, I get chills every time I hear their cries, especially if a boss trainer is using them. Unova's Legendary Dragon's cries are also pretty cool. I also really like Articuno's. It really sounds majestic. Well, unless you're in Gen 1 or 6. Then it just sounds... strange.

Hydreigon's (Gen VI) is pretty badass with that roar and Hippowdon's realistic grunting and snorting always appealed to me. Lumineon, Palkia, and Phantump are some other favorites. But my all time favorite is Yamask, though its more adorable than "cool." It has a heartwarming sense of loss and innocence to it.

As far as Pokemon cries go, I like Samurott's the most. Seriously, it's cry alone makes it sound pretty powerful and menacing imo, so even if it isn't very popular among competitive players, at least its cry gives me an impression that it is tough and won't go down without a fight.

Gardevoir, Gallade (it sounds like a sword being unsheathed), Aegislash family (same reason), Metagross (pre-VI), Registeel, Reshiram, Crustle (pre-VI, it's funny how it sounds even higher than its pre-evo), Staraptor and Conkeldurr family (pre-VI, their cries are quite representative).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom