• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Coolest Pokemon cries?

Groudon's Gen VI cry followed immediately by it's Primal Groudon cry the moment it activates Primal Reversion via the Red Orb. Such a monstrous beast it is with that cry as Primal Groudon!

Love, love, LOVE Electabuzz's cry pre-Gen VI. I absolutely loathe what they did to it in Gen VI! It was perfect the way it was. =( I didn't even like it in Pokemon Stadium but I'll take Stadium's cry over Gen VI's anyday.

I also love Litleo's cry! It's not exactly cool as in badass, but it's so cute! I love it!

I think I'll have to go with metagross. The first time I sent it out after evolving it from metang, that cry combined with the small earthquake that resulted from it hitting the ground was beyond epic for me. On a side note, metagross is also my favorite pseudo thus far.

It's hard for me to have a favourite cry out of them all, but I can still post the first awesome cries that come from the back of my head.
Lumineon's is pretty cool, I love the echo in it especially. Dialga and Palkia's, too. I also love Electabuzz, Samurott, Chandelure, Togekiss, Finneon's is adorable, Manectric, the list goes on and on...
All of this was based of pre-Gen VI, since I've never played those games. All the Gen VI cries I've heard are almost muffled over the sound of commentary in an LP, so I can't really make any comments over them.

Hmm... some of these aren't quite as good now they've changed, but these are my favorites, at least of those I could think of right away.

Lumineon, Suicune, Staraptor, Spinarak, Mareep, Remoraid, Empoleon, Spearow, Kricketune, Victini, Fletchinder.

I just love Mienfoo's voice in XY / ORAS, sound so cute and lovely! Just love hearing it, especially when I play with him/her in Amie. Mienshao is just as cute/lovely.

based on XY / ORAS cries: a few others I like: Patrat, Watchog, all 9 Eeveelutions (Glaceon's has the best for me), Litleo, Purrloin, Liepard, Meowstic, Braixen, Zorua

I didn't know some Pokémon got their cries completely changed in Gen. 6... I thought the first 386 just got their original cries updated to Gen. 4 standards, with Pikachu getting his anime voice...

Well, I really love Meloetta's cry 'cause it sounds just like singing. I don't really know if Gen. 6 gave it any changes, however. Now I'm curious to know which cries were completely changed and which ones were just updated...

My favorite pokemon cry has to be Umbreon, or Zoura ^-^ there both just soooo cute! lol plus i have a love for dark types

Treecko. Literally sounds like he says "Fiddle-de-dee". Check it.

All the Regis. Regi-dubstep FTW

I'd say tyrantrum and salamence have my vote. Tyrantrum sounds like he's king, and what he says is law. Salamence sounds like its ready to tear something apart like "I've got wings, fangs, and claws and I'm here to take your soul."

Last edited:
I like Talonflame's - a piercing shriek that forewarns the ass kicking you're about to receive.

Mismagius, Krabby, Gastly, pre-gen VI Koffing, pre-gen VI Electabuzz, Chimchar, and Parasect.

Pre-Gen VI Staraptor, the Gen VI starters, Sylveon, Talonflame, Parasect, Samurott, Stoutland, Chandelure, Aurorus, Froslass, and Espeon are among my personal favorites.

I think i like Aurorus. I know I like Delphox, Chimecho, Froslass, Mismagius, Espeon, and Togekiss!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom