• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups CORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes put the ship on auto-pilot and followed the others. He was always interested in something that would make his Frame suit better.

Julio turned to Wes, "I believe she meant the reconnaissance team, Andrew, 9 and I," said Julio before climbing the ladder up to the top of the ship in deep space. "Might want to hurry showing us these Kore it would be best not to suffocate before the mission.

Krya began to walk from the doors before seeing all of them beginning to file out at once. "Happy watching," she said dryly, walking into a spare room. Sitting down on the bed, she laid her head back to rest it. Time for some heavy thinking.

-----------------------

One. Two. Five. Seven. Eight... thirteen. "Thirteen bodies," a feminine voice sounded. Standing near a fence was a slender figure, clad in armor. "Amazing how weak they were..." she said, her smooth voice projecting from her suit. Threat levels were, most definitely, trivial.

However, now she needed to get to work. Sooner or later, someone would find out what she was doing. Just like on Aegis VII, she would be targeted by CORE. Hopefully this time, she wouldn't have to retreat.

Jaden walked back inside and sat down beside Kori,"Hey Kori."

Hellebore materialized again and bowed in respect to her,"It's nice to finally be able to speak to you
without fear of being discovered."

Kori looked up the two. "Hey there, guys! Ready for the mission?"

"Doesn't mean I can't get the upgrade though" Wes replied frowning. Who was Julio to tell him what he couldn't do?

"Ready as we'll be," Jaden replied as his helmet formed up over him,"..Hard to believe it's already
been 2 years since me and Hellebore joined Frame."

"Depends on how many were made, in which case we'll be the front runners for them, so I hope you can hold your breath," said Julio.

The group had decidedly made their way to the ship's hull, immediately finding a large window stationed there. Outside, however, was something beautiful. The galaxy, ranging many, many hues of coloration; swirling in a coexisting dance of nebula. They had passed by a number of planets in their traveling.

This was what CORE protected.

"So, the upgrades?" asked Julio looking around, he was awed by the sight, but new toys excited him more.

Kori's voice came up over an intercom. "Alright, and... now!" the girl's voice beamed with pride. Obviously there was something about to happen.

... but, nothing happened. "Ta-da!" she said. "You might be wondering what's going on. Well... here." instantly, the window began to open. The vacuum of space began to suck out things within the hull, which was decidedly empty due to the present test. However, each of the males would find that they were not suffocating, nor were they being sucked into the void of space.

"I've added remote life support for you! Your Frames are pumping oxygen and lithium directly into your blood, keeping the pressure down. Essentially, you guys can breathe in space! Ain't it grand?"

"That is pretty cool," Andrew pointed out, a smile on his face as he stuck his head out of the window; though he ended up coming back in after he began to be sucked out. "Okay that was a bad idea," he stated as he walked back into the room. "Now we just need jetpacks and we can fly around."

Kori blinked at him. "Jetpacks? Jetpacks can't navigate through space, no matter how much power you put on it," she said, typing on her computer. "Geez man, the science fiction you people come up with."

(The irony of this is just staggering)

Irving stared out at the beautiful image of space. The sight astounded him, like it did the very first time he had been in space. There was so much potential. As a race, humans still knew very little about what lie in the inner reaches of space. Even with their huge leaps in technology there was still so much they didn't even know.

The sight made Irving more determined to keep the galaxy safe.

"The view is.. beautiful." He said simply. He could stare into space for hours. But they had a job to do. Irving prepared himself for when his talents would be needed.

Julio looked around, "Well ain't that spiffy?" Julio looked at Andrew and Kori, "Well, theoretically, actually they could work. Pressurized air and carbon dioxide could shoot out at high speed, like a fire extinguisher, they would be useful and not use much fuel since there is no air resistance in space, so you could move forever unless you hit any debris and whatnot. Of course this is theoretical mostly, the only models made have problems and are bulky."

Jaden was still in his seat but he could still hear them talking,"..Space really is an amazing place,isn't it? Mysterious and
full of danger..but at the same time it's filled with so many possibilities.."

"Maybe that just adds to the wonder of it." Hellebore remarked from her spot.

Kori nodded at Julio. "But think about how much size would need to go into it. Pressurized air requires that there is air in the atmosphere around you," she said, looking down at her screen. "Unfortunately, there is no air in space. While I would love jetpacks, they would need to be powered by a Frame to even hope to work. And you guys use up a lot of freaking energy," she said, making a little pout. "I'm almost up to my neck in core restoration."

---------------------------------

Krya looked at the clock on the wall. By CORE's measure of time, it would've been 10 in the morning. Now, looking back to the holographic screens on her desk; she began to read. "So... thirty-three cores found in the vicinity of the ship. And... huh..." some of the files were locked, sealed with a master file timber - or whatever Kori called it.

"Maybe I'll ask her to-"

"Code Blue. Unknown architecture located at thirty-five thousand feet."

"Unknown architecture? Wait... are we there already?"

---------------------------------

Kori looked up at the ship. "Wait, huh?" the alarm began to go off on the ship's entirety. "Wes, what's going on? We're there already?"

The alarm was loud. A display screen popped up, confirming the younger Taphen's words. There was a ship standing in the middle of space, many parts of it broken. "Oh... so we are here."
@ImperialSunlight; @kenshin akagi; @Terram Validus; @Incoming Mortar; @Blathers; @Booster Gold; @smaug85; @Flaze; @Charles Dunois; @GamerGX;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom