• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Coro Coro Comic Scans on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

I went back and looked for the article that I was thinking of - turns out the wording is a bit more ambiguous than I remembered -

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_wants_DP_online

He confirmed the games are still far from being completed...

Unfortunately, this tells us nothing about what Game Freak has been doing since Emerald's completion, because "far from completion" can mean any number of things.

I guess the only thing we can do is wait for the games to release, and then we'll see what exactly happened.

V Faction said:
I've always wondered what kinda of 3D graphics people would want... Y'know, what they had in mind.

Polygonal ones like the Stadium games? Isometric (that the term?). What about the stuff we have here?

I wonder because there a few of you out there unhappy with the graphics. Well, maybe not the graphics, but the few shots of the fight system. I'm truly baffled as to what was called for.

As for me, these are fairly okay. Dungeon and Ranger sort of push what I was going for more. I'm none the less happy to see actual screen shots. And if you ask me, anything different and fresh that some may have wanted out of Pokemon came with Dungeon and Ranger. These are the tried-and-true million sellers; how much change can one expect?

To be honest I was kind of hoping it would look something like the attachment (which is from a Nippon Ichi game). Just a little simpler, and the angles would be closer to the original games, but with the moving camera in stadium. The sprite images would be 4 types and it would have about 3-5 frames of animation for standing at each angle. I guess it would kind of be like the old DBZ games for PS1. Also having Animations for Attacks with about the same frame amounts, and using the DS's 3D abilities to show them in 3D effects (as with making characters contact each other)

I wanted the icons that they are using to mainly be a menu thing... but this game still has a lot of untold possiblities.

Last edited:
We just don't have the whole story yet. If they were making a third FR/LG, then they made a big mistake by showing D/P first, because now everyone will be focused on that as a mainstream game, and a third FR/LG will be fruitless simply for being a step back. I know you were all for providing an easier transition for those that are still unwilling to buy a DS, but the only way I see this still being possible is if the game is made to coincide with D/P. To be a GBA game designed to play on the DS alongside it. If this was their intention, I would think they would've been featured simultaneously. Still, we are left with that shadow of a doubt. What was the delay for? We still can't tell. I don't know if takes a lot of time to make all those 3-D models for not only characters, but buildings and other things, too. We are also unclear on what the wi-fi will constitute, either. This was only the proverbial tip of the iceberg. There is much more untold, and perhaps there is a reason why there was a delay in there.

As for those that are tired of the same thing over and over-there's always MD and Ranger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atelier Iris is cool, bell02 Alpha! Nice pic!

Anyway, I was thinking, maybe the top screen will have the battle menu, and like a 3d representation of the Pokemon your using!

The Japanese pokemon site put up a section on Diamond and Pearl. It has much clearer versions of the same screenshots. Seeing them, I noticed something that I didn't before: the lines of the overworld are not straight. They taper off to the top of the screen, giving the illusion that you are indeed looking at the world from above and at an angle. I'm impressed. http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/dp/dp01.html

The battle scenes look awesome on the website, way better then the scan!

GrnMarvl13 said:
I love the way these screenshots look. Slightly better than previous games, but not enough to make everyone happy. How I love the bitchfest that will ensue.

Aw shucks...dem battles ain't real-time, r they? Man...this is as bad as the voice actors getting replaced...this sucks. :^< >:O T_T x_X

But in all seriousness...of course people will bitch. Some of these people won't be happy until a few things happen:

1- Battle format becomes real-time, ala the anime.
2- Pokemon like Dunsparce are COMPLETELY phased out.
3- Veronica...Victoria...(?) Taylor must do the lead character's voice, as well as EVERY OTHER character's voice.
4- The lead character (who will be named Ash...sorry, no name changes this time) will fall in love with the female lead. More shipping begins. Yay.
5- The new type, Light, will appear and finally make Pikachu a dual-type Pokemon.

Anyway...the screenshots look dandy, I can't wait to get my mits on this hot little item. Hopefully, the next issue of Corocoro will reveal even more new features and/or Pokemon to come...

OHHHHHH YES!! This is going to be awesome! Please, Nintendo, tease us not and give us Diamond and Pearl!

The girl trainer looks great or a t least interesting to say the least (short skirt ???)
Anyway i am happy with how the games look but must agree that the battle system must have some more animation than the gba games but as long as we get some sort of on,line i will be happy

ShadyWolf said:
3- Veronica...Victoria...(?) Taylor must do the lead character's voice, as well as EVERY OTHER character's voice.
Why don't you stop bitching about SOVA now 'cos if that isn't paying attention I don't know what is.

And it would be a very bad thing if the format was changed to reflect the anime. For one thing, they are different things for a reason.

ShadyWolf said:
Aw shucks...dem battles ain't real-time, r they? Man...this is as bad as the voice actors getting replaced...this sucks. :^< >:O T_T x_X

But in all seriousness...of course people will bitch. Some of these people won't be happy until a few things happen:

1- Battle format becomes real-time, ala the anime.

I don't think there is proof the battles will or won't be real time. The colosseum games always had the option (I don't remember stadium), so I don't see why they don't put it in the gameboy games.

Not that that is anything I want... I actually like that you can turn off time limits in pokemon battles because it makes it convient on a portible.

FabuVinny said:
Why don't you stop bitching about SOVA now 'cos if that isn't paying attention I don't know what is.

Bitching? Oh...you misunderstood me. It's not bitching...it's more like me snickering at the ostensibly wasteful act of trying to accomplish something that, by any substantial account, is irrelevant. As for paying attention, I paid it plenty of attention. Just keep this in mind: some attention is not brought about by care for the cause, but by desire to be entertained by the sheer outlandishness of humans.

Huh, it is finally here. I missed the release of all the generations for the fact that I was in russia for the last two and that I wasn't into pokemon until after the anime.

But this means that I shall be soon taking a break from the internet in order to get a similiar feeling of exploration and realisation which I lost with RSE cause I knew everything about the game before I had a chance to play it.

Okay, well, the trainers look as expected. Softer colours I see, better in my opinion. As well as going with the DP thing that RSE didn't do so much of. I like them, the graphics never mattered to me so it will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom