• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Coro Coro Comic Scans on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Corocoromay06_2.jpg

Corocoromay06.jpg

^ Thar she blows.

Ooooooh. I love it already. Just as I had hoped - the same ol' Pokémon style, just updated and improved again! =3

And once again the tradition of ridiculous hats continues! I can't even tell what the male trainer's hat is supposed to look like from the one screenshot he appears in. The girl trainer's pretty darn cute, though - I want her outfit, ridiculous hat included.

Is it night in that first town screen? If so, w00t! Day & Night returns.

Interesting colorization of the female trainer. It's quite different than the color schemes we've gotten in the past.

I see that, graphicly, it hasn't quite changed a lot - it looks more like the FR/LF judging by the details set on every object -, but, looking at the first pic in the second scan, it seems like it's more like noon then evening. Also, the battle interface hasn't changed a bit, but i like it, since it has been in the games since quite a while.
...And i definitly like the girl's outfit, although i believe that hat isn't quite ridiculous, it's more like a daring design; what i don't think it's original of tht hat is the symbol - it's similar to Brandon's headgear symbol.-_-

Graphics and the new trainers look sub par, just as I was expecting. So much for at least having Ranger-esque graphics.

Will the Pokemon even move during battles? We're on a system that's as powerful as the N64 and we're still getting these two-animated movements?

They're really running out of designs for the new trainers. May, Marina, LG Girl and even Hinata look so much better than this new female trainer. The boy looks pretty crappy too.

I cannot find a bad thing in my mind to say about this development.

This looks fantastic and also just classically Pokemon. I'm glad to see that they didn't actually change it completely but at the same time used the 3D power of the DS.

Scott85 said:
Graphics and the new trainers look sub par, just as I was expecting. So much for at least having Ranger-esque graphics.

Will the Pokemon even move during battles? We're on a system that's as powerful as the N64 and we're still getting these two-animated movements?
My exact opinion. Game Freak still hasn't proven that they can advance beyond the old hat...

It's pretty, but jesus, it's the same god damn thing :[

I have a feeling that developing this game in one year is to blame here.

I kinda like the girl's design though. It's just bizarre enough to work. :D

Would be nice to know the source of those scans. But I guess this post will be ignored completely yet again. -__-

Oh yeah - I really can't wait to play these games. Too bad I'll be waiting until probably 2008 for a UK release, I suppose a store I know will import a US version but still it's quite a wait. I'm disappointed in the lack of Manene sprites in the scans mind you ::(

Since D/P WILL be out this year, it WILL also reach both US and UK/European shores next year, so depending on when D/P's out in Japan we could be waiting until either this time next year or the end of next summer here for it. And of course there's the possibility of a quick Western release ala Fr/Lg - that only took a month after the US release to get out here.

I love the way these screenshots look. Slightly better than previous games, but not enough to make everyone happy. How I love the bitchfest that will ensue.

Loads of info on D/P has been given in Coro Coro's June issue.

The release date of the games is 'this fall'.

The new area is called 'Shin-Oh' Area. The journey starts in Futaba Town (Cotyledon Town).

The Heroine weres a deep woven hat and pint boots and has a handbad in her arm;
while the hero wears a red hat, has a rucksack on his back and a watch-like item on his arm.

Munchlax's ability is Thick Fat or Pickup, while Manyula's ability is Pressure.

Munchlax's signiture move is 'Swallow', which is used to restore its HP. And Manyula can learn Revenge.

The game scenes are 3D-like. There're high-low differences on the ground.

Old Pokemon in R/S/E and FR/LG can be transfered to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl using DS's double slot, once certain requirements are met in the D/P games.

Last edited:
Misty said:
They're from Corocoro. That's all I know.
Well, I know that and that's also completely obvious. But I'm asking about the SOURCE OF THE SCANS. I wasn't asking "Which magazine has been scanned?".

Doctor Oak said:
Since D/P WILL be out this year, it WILL also reach both US and UK/European shores next year, so depending on when D/P's out in Japan we could be waiting until either this time next year or the end of next summer here for it. And of course there's the possibility of a quick Western release ala Fr/Lg - that only took a month after the US release to get out here.
I suppose it's not that long a wait - 2006 is really flying by anyway, so it will feel sooner. I hope that store will import MD and Ranger (if the latter gets a US release), that'll keep my sad little life busy :lol:

I am Sceptile726 and I approve of these images. I think the road in that city the girl is in has lines on it. I also think in screen at the top of the Manyula page, I think Manyula has its eyes closed. o.o They always have pokes that we already know about for the initial screens. I'm sure we'll get newer pokemon eventually, but I also want to see Buoysel and Perap in action.

i saw it over a serebii earlier, i must say i liked it.

The graphics are nothing that impress me. What a let down. But I do love the female trainer design. Wicked cool. But the male trainer looks like he escaped from Paris or something. :[

nYoo: I think those scans are from filb.de.

Back
Top Bottom