• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Generation 5 is officially over, at least when the magazine comes out. Anyway, at least now we might see some Generation VI Pokemon soon. I can't even imagine any more starter Pokemon they could make, I wonder how Nintendos gonna handle it.

Woah now, just because the final Pokemon has been revealed doesn't mean Gen V is completely over. Arceus was revealed way before Gen V started.

Woah now, just because the final Pokemon has been revealed doesn't mean Gen V is completely over. Arceus was revealed way before Gen V started.

That "way before" happened to be the last year a Gen 4 game was released. The same was true for Gen 3; Deoxys' debut marked the last year a Gen 3 game came out...

I love the action pose of Genesect, looks like he's about to throw down some bitch-ass beats

Straight outta Paleozoa, crazy motherfucker named Genesect
From the gang called Plazma With Attitudes

Genosect always seemed like a weird anthromorphic bug-car (car-bug?) to me, well, minus not having tires and having a big ol' cannon on its back. Two pupils/irises in each eye? Now it seems more car-like. XD "Does that turned-on light on him mean its about to attack, or back up?"

How come we never got such nice scans/photos like this when the majority of BW2 news showed up in Corocoro? I mean when it first started leaking.

Honestly I think they were trying to make Techno Blast suck. There's no other explanation for it.

If you ask me, I think they were just trying to make Genesect a sucky Arceus wannabe.

This makes me suspect we're going to get a generation 6 3DS game very near the release of the Genesect movie. Considering the dearth of titles on the 3DS, wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo of Japan told GameFreak to get their booties in gear faster than usual.

This makes me suspect we're going to get a generation 6 3DS game very near the release of the Genesect movie. Considering the dearth of titles on the 3DS, wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo of Japan told GameFreak to get their booties in gear faster than usual.

Since the movies hype up the next game, it'll probably get a September release like always.

Since the movies hype up the next game, it'll probably get a September release like always.
Movie 15 is promoting B2W2 almost a month after their release, so that argument doesn't work. However, they wouldn't bother to include Genesect (not even as a secondary character) in Movie 16 if said movie were actually actually part of a new generation. While movie teasers have been misleading before, it would be ridiculous if Genesect had absolutely nothing to do with the movie (at least Ho-Oh and Lugia were replaced by Celebi and the legendary beasts, which were also featured in HGSS). So a September release date is the safest assumption, after all.

Guys, you do know that with the advent of DLC on the 3DS, this could very well be the very last time a Pokémon is revealed that we've previously known about?

I think people would start getting bored with me saying "Ha! I told you the next generation was beginning next year!" (although I was so right in that). The big question now is - when in 2012 will Generation VI debut?

We know that Genesect will be in next year's movie, which will more than likely debut in July 2013. However, it's being given out just under a whole year before. Sure, Victini's distribution was treated in a similar way, but as we know, the V-Create Victini was only the pre-order bonus, with Reshiram and Zekrom being the main distribution. This leads me to believe that Genesect will merely be a pre-order ticket bonus for the next movie. But then, what will the main movie promotion be? Genesect being shown now obviously means that the movie has another star, possibly one who takes most of the spotlight - undoubtedly, a Generation VI Pokémon. However, they can't distribute a Generation VI Pokémon to a Generation V game that doesn't have them programmed them. Now, I still maintain that Black 2/White 2 were only released in June instead of the usual Sep-Nov timeframe to allow for the international release in October, as Nintendo would have no hope of selling regular DS games in 2012. However, the way I see it, there are two possibilities:

1) Generation VI's primary pair will launch in Japan before next July. Genesect will be the pre-order bonus and a Generation VI Pokémon will be the main promotion.
OR
2) The main cinema distribution will be a Genesect with a special flag that the Wi-Fi one does not have; possibly unlocking something when traded over to the Gen VI games. The pre-order bonus will then be something like a cute mascot Pokémon that appears in the movie.
OR
3) Genesect is given out as a pre-order bonus, then a "key" to unlock something in the new games is given out for a spin-off game (like the Manaphy egg in Ranger).

All I know is, considering Nintendo's region locking, as well as their digital strategy starting next month, I had better order myself a Japanese 3DS soon xD.

Last edited:
@Joshawott;
Both Zorua and Zoroark managed to get 'distributed' to B/W via Gen IV events. Next year's movie doesn't even need to be a Gen VI movie, but simply a Gen V movie with a Gen VI Pokemon to promote the next generation, just as many movies have been before it. I don't see why the events now, as they are unfolding, means that Gen VI will be released earlier than the movie at all.

@Joshawott;
Both Zorua and Zoroark managed to get 'distributed' to B/W via Gen IV events. Next year's movie doesn't even need to be a Gen VI movie, but simply a Gen V movie with a Gen VI Pokemon to promote the next generation, just as many movies have been before it. I don't see why the events now, as they are unfolding, means that Gen VI will be released earlier than the movie at all.
And that fits with the 2nd and 3rd options I posted. I didn't order them in terms of which I think is most likely, just in the order I thought of them. As I stated then, I believe that B2W2's June release was merely to allow an international release to also be in 2012, so I think it would be unlikely to see an earlier release for Gen VI, but I also wouldn't completely rule out the possibility.

Aaaah I'm super happy about this. Genesect has an awesome design and an interesting story to it... I hope the event comes to the U.S./U.K. after B2W2's release in the West. Same with Meloetta and Keldeo.
It strikes me as odd they'd announce Genesect in August, but, I guess, August will be after the Keldeo movie has been released in theatres. Maybe they're going to try to market the next movie (the Genesect movie) as like, an epic must-see or something so they want to reveal Genesect early... I dunno. I'll stop rambling now.

Guys, you do know that with the advent of DLC on the 3DS, this could very well be the very last time a Pokémon is revealed that we've previously known about?
Been saying it all gen that we're in for a rude awakening next gen.
I think people would start getting bored with me saying "Ha! I told you the next generation was beginning next year!" (although I was so right in that). The big question now is - when in 2012 will Generation VI debut?
When in 2013 you mean. :p June is likely the answer. Its a much better solution for the movies, and helps the release period shift for the west to a holiday season.

[/QUOTE[We know that Genesect will be in next year's movie, which will more than likely debut in July 2013. However, it's being given out just under a whole year before. Sure, Victini's distribution was treated in a similar way, but as we know, the V-Create Victini was only the pre-order bonus, with Reshiram and Zekrom being the main distribution. This leads me to believe that Genesect will merely be a pre-order ticket bonus for the next movie. But then, what will the main movie promotion be? Genesect being shown now obviously means that the movie has another star, possibly one who takes most of the spotlight - undoubtedly, a Generation VI Pokémon. However, they can't distribute a Generation VI Pokémon to a Generation V game that doesn't have them programmed them. Now, I still maintain that Black 2/White 2 were only released in June instead of the usual Sep-Nov timeframe to allow for the international release in October, as Nintendo would have no hope of selling regular DS games in 2012. However, the way I see it, there are two possibilities:

1) Generation VI's primary pair will launch in Japan before next July. Genesect will be the pre-order bonus and a Generation VI Pokémon will be the main promotion.
OR
2) The main cinema distribution will be a Genesect with a special flag that the Wi-Fi one does not have; possibly unlocking something when traded over to the Gen VI games. The pre-order bonus will then be something like a cute mascot Pokémon that appears in the movie.
OR
3) Genesect is given out as a pre-order bonus, then a "key" to unlock something in the new games is given out for a spin-off game (like the Manaphy egg in Ranger).

All I know is, considering Nintendo's region locking, as well as their digital strategy starting next month, I had better order myself a Japanese 3DS soon xD.[/QUOTE]
Number one as I said is most likely. June release from here on out to smooth the process with the movies, and give a holiday release for the west. Everyone wins.

Well, this marks the year, with 6 new formes, and the last three Unova Pokemon revealed, it's time for some rest on new Pokemon content, all that's left is the US and European release of BW2 and the year is done Pokemon wise.

Now that every Generation 5 Pokemon has been officially revealed I wonder how long until we get our first Generation 6 reveal. I think they will probably have at least one Gen 6 Pokemon in the next movie since it will be a little lacking if it is just about Genesect.

Likely, around the end of this year, or early next year, we will get a shadow, likely of Gen 6's Lucario clone, like Zoroark was for this generation.

Amazing, Genesect looks so much better in animation.

Well, this marks the year, with 6 new formes, and the last three Unova Pokemon revealed, it's time for some rest on new Pokemon content, all that's left is the US and European release of BW2 and the year is done Pokemon wise.

Now that every Generation 5 Pokemon has been officially revealed I wonder how long until we get our first Generation 6 reveal. I think they will probably have at least one Gen 6 Pokemon in the next movie since it will be a little lacking if it is just about Genesect.

Likely, around the end of this year, or early next year, we will get a shadow, likely of Gen 6's Lucario clone, like Zoroark was for this generation.
Probably next year and not this year, however I wouldn't have seen them getting all the Gen 5 Pokemon out there so fast so something surprising might happen.

Wow I cant believe they are doing this over wi-fi! Thank God! Living in the US I couldnt get Keldeo and Meleotta because you had to be in Japan to get them but they have finally shown mercy on those foreigners who imported the game from Japan! Im shocked this is happening so soon after the other two were just revealed-Shocked but Happy!!
All events are restricted by language, even Wi-Fi ones. So you still won't be able to get this Genesect, but I guarantee you that all three of those legendary Pokemon will be available in the US at some point in the future (and hopefully worldwide as well, but the US for sure).

You know, I've always been bugged myself by how Game Freak keeps these 'late legendaries' super-secret (for the general public I mean), and never actually reveals them until the third version/next versions. It's almost like, what's the point of including said Pokemon in previous games' Pokedexes when you're not even going to reveal them prior to future releases? Besides the obvious trading Pokemon over from third version to original versions... But yeah, it kind of bugs me.
They don't have a choice in including it in the previous games' code. For compatibility reasons, it needs to be there. The idea is that they can reveal new Pokemon mid-generation rather than only revealing Pokemon at the start of each generation. Surely it is better to only tell people about the Pokemon once they make it available rather than taunting people with it for years before they finally decide to distribute it. Yes, we do know it exists either way, but we're not supposed to.

I doubt they will use DLC to give us the last Pokemon. It would make it way too easy to hack new Pokemon into the game and trade them to other games. Also, it would mean an outdated game would need to patch before trading for an event legend from an updated game.

However, I think DLC could be used to add new forms to old games.

They don't have a choice in including it in the previous games' code. For compatibility reasons, it needs to be there. The idea is that they can reveal new Pokemon mid-generation rather than only revealing Pokemon at the start of each generation. Surely it is better to only tell people about the Pokemon once they make it available rather than taunting people with it for years before they finally decide to distribute it. Yes, we do know it exists either way, but we're not supposed to.

I know that they have to include it for compatibility reasons, don't think I don't know that.

It still bugs me all the same. Keeping Pokemon secret is one thing, but they shouldn't have to keep it secret for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom