• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
CoroCoro August issue reveals 'Genesect': No. 649 has finally arrived

An early leak of CoroCoro magazine has officially revealed the latest Pokémon, Genesect.

Read more on Bulbanews

Now that every Generation 5 Pokemon has been officially revealed I wonder how long until we get our first Generation 6 reveal. I think they will probably have at least one Gen 6 Pokemon in the next movie since it will be a little lacking if it is just about Genesect.

Well, that's that. We're now looking at either two distributions or something completely new next year.

Good job, Jigglychu. That's as clean a picture as we're gonna have for now. And your wishes have been granted; it's up there.

Silktree was absolutely right about an early distribution for Genesect due to his early bird trailer after the Kyurem movie. At least now we have a legit insecticon in our games.

Genesect has been revealed in Japan already, and we are still waiting on a Keldeo reveal in the US.

Wow I cant believe they are doing this over wi-fi! Thank God! Living in the US I couldnt get Keldeo and Meleotta because you had to be in Japan to get them but they have finally shown mercy on those foreigners who imported the game from Japan! Im shocked this is happening so soon after the other two were just revealed-Shocked but Happy!!

You know, I've always been bugged myself by how Game Freak keeps these 'late legendaries' super-secret (for the general public I mean), and never actually reveals them until the third version/next versions. It's almost like, what's the point of including said Pokemon in previous games' Pokedexes when you're not even going to reveal them prior to future releases? Besides the obvious trading Pokemon over from third version to original versions... But yeah, it kind of bugs me.

So... finally all generation 5 pokémon have been "revealed".

Can't wait for the inminent generation six. New pokémon are always the best part for me.

Generation V isn't even 2 years old yet (it will be in September) and all the Generation V Pokemon have been officially revealed. That has to be a new record! :lol:

Is it just me, or does it seem like they're rushing this generation a bit?

From August 11th to 31st, all three will be avaible in Japan at the same time. Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/da/CoroCoro_August_2012_3.jpg

I really like the action pose. Too bad there's some glare caused by the camera. Kind of funny how they label its body parts. I was kind of hoping to see its space ship form that people were saying was in the movie preview.

You know, Technoblast wouldn't be that bad if Game Freak decided to modify the Drive item's effects to increase its power by x1.5, essentially giving it pseudo-STAB. Still kind of crap given it uses up an item slot.

Generation V isn't even 2 years old yet (it will be in September) and all the Generation V Pokemon have been officially revealed. That has to be a new record! :lol:

Is it just me, or does it seem like they're rushing this generation a bit?

I'd rather that they reveal 'secret Pokemon' in a short span of time rather than taking a couple of years to do so, it's ridiculous in my opinion.

I really like the action pose. Too bad there's some glare caused by the camera. Kind of funny how they label its body parts. I was kind of hoping to see its space ship form that people were saying was in the movie preview.

While the extra art is nice, I wonder why Gamefreak made it. The only other examples of such alt art I can think of are for groups of legendaries or have a certain context such as showing the in-game event.

Also, note that cannon was misspelled as canon. For the Pokemon world's sake that better be a typo...

You know, Technoblast wouldn't be that bad if Game Freak decided to modify the Drive item's effects to increase its power by x1.5, essentially giving it pseudo-STAB. Still kind of crap given it uses up an item slot.

Honestly I think they were trying to make Techno Blast suck. There's no other explanation for it.

While the extra art is nice, I wonder why Gamefreak made it. The only other examples of such alt art I can think of are for groups of legendaries or have a certain context such as showing the in-game event.

Also, note that cannon was misspelled as canon. For the Pokemon world's sake that better be a typo...

I'd say its closer to box-legendary artwork. None of those group-legendary art were drawn in the same style as the official artwork (at least not recently), whereas, we get a lot of Legendaries getting alternate box art.

Watch, the 3DS thing they're talking about is going to be the game Pokémon Special Genesect Edition: Purple Version where we start off with a Genesect as our start who follows us around in the form of a spaceship because it doesn't like Pokeballs.

I'd say its closer to box-legendary artwork. None of those group-legendary art were drawn in the same style as the official artwork (at least not recently), whereas, we get a lot of Legendaries getting alternate box art.

Watch, the 3DS thing they're talking about is going to be the game Pokémon Special Genesect Edition: Purple Version where we start off with a Genesect as our start who follows us around in the form of a spaceship because it doesn't like Pokeballs.

Ah, forgot about the alternate box art for some mascots. What makes you think the group-legendary artwork isn't like the official artwork? The ones for the Beasts, Weather Trio, Creation Trio, and Lati@s all look like they might have been done by Sugimori to me.

Also, I'd totally buy Purple Version. Genesect > Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig. NOW CHEREN SHALL BE BEATEN INTO SUBMISSION EVEN HARDER. Ahem, on a serious note I do wonder what that whole 3DS thing is about. There's no data in BW2 that indicates anything beyond what we already know, and the distribution won't be through Dream Radar or anything like that... So what could it be? Maybe just a random advert of no importance...?

Yep, Generation 5 is officially over, at least when the magazine comes out. Anyway, at least now we might see some Generation VI Pokemon soon. I can't even imagine any more starter Pokemon they could make, I wonder how Nintendos gonna handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom