• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Next Issue: June 2010)

I think I found the most balance type combinations for the starters:

Grass/Rock
Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting

See the secondary type weakens the superior starter thus making them balanced.

Grass>Water, Fighting>Rock
Fire>Grass, Rock>Fire
Water>Fire, Psychic>Fighting

Just wanted to know what people think...

Hey guys, I think I might have found something:

corocorocabbage.jpg

;)

corocorocabbage.jpg

;)

Now that is defiantly a leak.

Oops. Nope. I see Ho-Oh.

*sigh*
I guess no one is going to leak anything until later. It's only 10 AM in Japan.

Not all secondary types have to be balanced...generation I wasn't balanced in secondary starter types.
Also, how about some good old pure grass, fire, water starters... no secondary types or anything.

I know but people have been pitching a balanced starter trio for quite awhile.

I know but people have been pitching a balanced starter trio for quite awhile.

You know, I'm just happy there's a gen. 5! I'd be happy for anything, even Grass/Fire, Water/Grass, Fire/Water
or
Grass/Normal, Water/Normal, Fire/Normal

OR, Grass/Dragon, Fire/Dragon, Water/Dragon. o_O

I want an original type combination this time. Or at least not Fire/Fighting again lol, but I don't think they would do that for the third time in a row.

I like how someone is impersonating me on 2ch. lol.

Generation V Starters

Fire Hog/Lion (Fire)
Water Bear or Otter(Water/Fighting) or (Water/Ice)
or Grass Bird or Ptrera(Grass/Flying)

Look at this Pattern

Generation I

Fire/Flying VS Grass/Poison VS Water
2 Dual Types & 1 Pure Type

Generation II
Fire VS Water VS Grass
All Pure

Generation III
Fire/Fighting VS Water/Ground VS Grass
2 Dual Types and 1 Pure

Generation IV
Water/Steel VS Grass/Ground VS Fire/Fighting
All Dual Types

Generation V
2 Dual Types and 1 Pure(Fire)

I wouldn't really say that's a pattern, per se.

corocorocabbage.jpg

;)

That's it... I've officially found my new favorite meme. Damn you Cabbage Duck, DAMN YOU! You're about a month too late for April Fools!

In an attempt to take the leak discussion out of the Gen V starters thread.

Someone here remember a leak that was discovered only three days before a CoroCoro issue? If it will not be on Wednesday, it is not too late?

It would not be too late to get a leak until the actual day of the release. We're lucky enough we've become accustomed to leaks as it is, but it isn't like something CoroCoro does themselves. It's what people do when they get an issue for 3 seconds and have a camera phone. Leaks can happen up until CoroCoro updates their website, so intrinsically a leak will happen without a doubt, it just may not be 3 or 4 days early.

Pokemon Sunday recently (well at least with the 5th gen and excluding Zorua), has been doing silhouettes so that they are unveiled in Coro-coro. Is there any chance Coro-coro can add a silhouette to be revealed "next month's" issue?

Pokemon Sunday recently (well at least with the 5th gen and excluding Zorua), has been doing silhouettes so that they are unveiled in Coro-coro. Is there any chance Coro-coro can add a silhouette to be revealed "next month's" issue?

They have done that in the past but wasn't it announced Pokesun will be revealing the starters' identities on the next episode? If so, it'll be redundant for Corocoro to tease us with shadows only to have Pokesun beat them to the punch.

That would also be the worst case scenario. Can you imagine everyone on their toes waiting for Corocoro to leak only to find it they won't reveal the full artworks until next month...There'll be lots of angry fans...

They have done that in the past but wasn't it announced Pokesun will be revealing the starters' identities on the next episode? If so, it'll be redundant for Corocoro to tease us with shadows only to have Pokesun beat them to the punch.

That would also be the worst case scenario. Can you imagine everyone on their toes waiting for Corocoro to leak only to find it they won't reveal the full artworks until next month...There'll be lots of angry fans...

I wasn't specifically referring to the starters but for other future Pokemon, like the legendaries or the other 90+ brand new Pokemon that'll be in the game.

Edit: I just wanted to know if it was feasible that the starters aren't technically the only Pokemon revealed in this month's issue.

I wasn't specifically referring to the starters but for other future Pokemon, like the legendaries or the other 90+ brand new Pokemon that'll be in the game.

Edit: I just wanted to know if it was feasible that the starters aren't technically the only Pokemon revealed in this month's issue.

Whoops! I totaly misread your first message. Must be from the lack of sleep and how late it is now. -__-;;

I can't see them revealing any other Pokemon besides the starters. Usually they'd want to reserve other Pokemon for future issues since the starters are already big news. That's what I think anyways. Anything can happen.

p.s: Are you the same person over at Pokebeach's forum??

Whoops! I totaly misread your first message. Must be from the lack of sleep and how late it is now. -__-;;

I can't see them revealing any other Pokemon besides the starters. Usually they'd want to reserve other Pokemon for future issues since the starters are already big news. That's what I think anyways. Anything can happen.

p.s: Are you the same person over at Pokebeach's forum??

I see. Although I can see why they wouldn't need to since Coro-coro is probably at the very least involved with Pokemon Sunday in some fashion. So they may have an agreement that Silhouettes will only come from Pokemon Sunday (however long before Coro-coro), while reveals should happen in Coro-coro.

Unless the username is dman_dustin then no (that's my universal user name in all things, except Youtube and imdb.com which I think had no choice but do a different username) but if there was I'd still say no because I don't remember signing up at Pokebeach's forums (serebii yes, Pokebeach no). It's entirely possible, but I think I'd have only like 3 posts, or no posts. So if you see dman_dustin somewhere, then there's a good chance its me.

Back
Top Bottom