• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Next Issue: June 2010)

]Is there any chance Coro-coro can add a silhouette to be revealed "next month's" issue?
They did that a bit last generation, with silhouettes of 3 pokemon in the issue revealing Lucario and the issue revealing Manaphy. Don't think there was any mention they'd be doing that beforehand so maybe. They are a bit behind at the moment as far as total pokemon revealed compared to last gen, and in the upcoming months is when each CoroCoro's going to be an explosion of news. It's quite possible we could see silhouttes. I prefer having a month with the silhouttes as opposed to a few days when P.Sunday shows them and then they're revealed halfway through the week.

EDIT: About the actual issue now that we're seeing it. Does that image of the city look like it's from in game to you, cause it looks quite nice. Still don't know how big a fan I am of the like seemingly circular directional axis this game seems to have. I'm sure that it's just a big ponytail coming out of the back of her hat, but it looks like the female's using some Bumpits. Got the Snookie hair going on.

Last edited:

The PC's don't look very adult to me. They look just as old as the other PC's

The PC's don't look very adult to me. They look just as old as the other PC's
They look like they're 16 at the furthest extreme of one's imagination.
But knowing how short moonpeople can be, they could just as easily be young adults.

Regardless of how old they really are (which is a non-issue since I doubt their numbered age will ever be stated), they look awesome. That much is undeniable. The girl looks like she will kick your ass and the guy will dump your beaten, semi-conscious body into the river.

Well I wonder if the shippers will die out of excitement if Satoshi snogs the new girl or something in the anime.

Regardless of how old they really are (which is a non-issue since I doubt their numbered age will ever be stated), they look awesome. That much is undeniable. The girl looks like she will kick your ass and the guy will dump your beaten, semi-conscious body into the river.

Not at ALL. They both look like they're on their way to play ultimate frisbee for an afternoon then play rhythm guitar in their youth group's worship band.

AAAHHHH THE PLAYER CHARACTERS ARE SO AWESOME AAAHHH I am in love

But seriously, the boy looks so much better than his sprite suggested. And the girl. Oh, the girl. She looks so kickass. Finally a female PC I absolutely want to play as. Because as much as I love Dawn's design, I didn't really want to play as her.
And now I love the male PC's design, too which means I'll have to buy both versions, so I can play as both and AARRGHH my money

The grass starter looks pretty cool, too, with that smug "I can kick your ass and you know it" expression. And the fire type is kind of cute. But the water one? I like it a little more now that I've looked at it a few times, but it'll need some seriously awesome evolutions. What is it even supposed to be?

But the water one? I like it a little more now that I've looked at it a few times, but it'll need some seriously awesome evolutions. What is it even supposed to be?

It's definitely at least partly based on an otter - note the shell on its stomach and the tail shape.

As I wrote on 151chan:

So, here we go!

Region: We can't say anything as of yet, but I really wonder if it is based on any Japanese region. Most Japanese regions are pretty close to already existing regions already... I don't mind its not being close to other regions. We don't need nostalgia in BW.

Characters: OLDER! Fuck yeah! This is very good, since it opens some doors. But either way, it alone makes me glad! I really like the boy's design, although the overworld sprite was not very convincing. The girl is not bad either; I feel that she looks a little similar to Dawn, but still good!

Starters: While shadows looked horrible, I can say that the actual Pokemon are not as bad as I imagined. Not excelent, but at least so-so. I DO like Pokabu, the fire pig. That grass lizard is acceptable at best, kind of eccentric to say the least. The water starter, I find very bad to be honest. I don't get what the hell it is, but it looks like some kind of a retarded sea clown. Pitty, it did have some potential...

Anyways; while I'm still not convinced about BW, I'm much more positive now that I've seen some things. Hopefully we'll have more soon!

Last edited:

They're everywhere... did you not look on other Pokemon sites or through this topic or the starter topic?

My bad- the couple sites I checked weren't updated, ssaw starter thread immediately after my post

Okay, the girl has some wild hair, but overall both of the protagonists have some good art.

the starters are nice. See my opinions elsewhere.

I wonder if that city is just artwork, or an in-game screen.

Oh, by the way...

Welcome to the Isshu region.

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: June 2010) (Next Issue: July 2010)

Wow the starters are better then expected, but they are what everyone thought to be, grass lizard, fire pig, water sea otter. The designs need some getting used to, but at least they look like Pokemon, and feel much more appealing. The region being Isshu and far away makes me wonder if this is near other regions. The trainers are god awesome, and holy shit are they better then expected. And the raised age makes it sound even better. Also did anyone else notice they're fuckin wearing platinum's poketch, or at least something similar.

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: June 2010) (Next Issue: July 2010)

I noticed the odd watch thing. No idea what it is.

Also is the girl wearing a skirt or shorts, or jeans? I just can't tell. The boys design though, god damn is it good. Can't stop looking at it. Also the hats being inverted colors for the front(one's white with pink coloring and the other is red with black coloring) makes some good style version name calling.

I think she's wearing a skirt.

I thought I saw short shorts...again.

The girl certainly has a lot of hair. Kinda reminds me of Kay Faraday from the Ace Attorney series xD Still I think she has a good shot at becoming my favourite female protagonist.

And the boy looks the most like me compared to all other male protagonists. I'm looking forward playing as him :D

So where does it say you have to travel there by boat or plane? I mean where the hell are we getting this?

Back
Top Bottom