• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: June 2010) (Next Issue: July 2010)

I thought I saw short shorts...again.

with that design, it would work. But her sprite showed a skirt.

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: June 2010) (Next Issue: July 2010)

So wait a minute, if we have to travel to this region by boat/plane, does this mean we first start off in another region, that's inaccessible except for your home town at first, and the proper region's starting town's an actual starting city?

So wait a minute, if we have to travel to this region by boat/plane, does this mean we first start off in another region, that's inaccessible except for your home town at first, and the proper region's starting town's an actual starting city?

Wow, that would make sense... But I doubt that's what is meant.

Yes but the translation bulbanews came up with from the scan is that its accessible through plane or boat.

The protagonists are supposed to be older? Sweetness... I wonder by how much? Maybe 15-16? This further proves the rumor of enabling us to drive a car or somethin'.

I'm getting me a freakin' convertible and my Flaming Piggy calls shotgun!

I'm calling it now: The piggy's final evolution will be a Fire/Dark, the snowman-polar bear lookin' thing is gonna be a Water/Ice, and maybe the (what is that?) Grass starter might be Grass/Psychic.... depending on if they stick to the dual-types with the starters or go back to the basics.

And the female trainer almost looks like me.... except I wear glasses and I have brown eyes instead of blue... and my hair ain't THAT thick, but it's wavy/curly and long and in a ponytail. With older protagonists, I wonder if that's any indication of what the storyline could be like? It's still awesome nonetheless, was getting kinda tired of playing the 10 year old...

Yeah I seriously wonder if the story's getting a boost, and if it is, then that hopefully means a Cero B rating in Japan, an E10+ in America, and a 12 in Europe. That means I can justifiably buy a Pokemon game without getting looks.

I'd call boat to travel to the area, its more lilkey and given in the CoroCoro scan it shows a ship at the city area, seems likley, but then you could just ship there later on, idk. I don't think a plane though.

Anyone know yet where the region is based? Anyone ruled out Fukouka yet? Its far enough from Johto/Kanto to need a boat

Having Hoenn in the games would lulz worthy, throwing remakes out the window. I hope the other pages have more screens and info, cause just the starters and tiny hints is crazy to nothing.

Having Hoenn in the games would lulz worthy, throwing remakes out the window

Either that, if it is Fukouka like I guessed, then it could be close enough to Hoenn (its south east of this area I think) by boat and could be a slight hint to a possible remake if its not in the BW game.

But we could be taking it out of context. A far away region could insinuate that its just somewhere we have not gone to. I'm probably reaching with this, but I believe the reason why the region was hinted to far away from these 3 regions is cause Tohoku is in fact an island its self. The Kanto/Johto main land is an isalnd itself, and Chigoku/Shikoku are islands itself. Unless of course this could mean we're travelling to China.

I don't know, I can't wait to we all find out and know for sure, so far I am liking these games better than current ones (It was mentioned somewhere once that (I think ti was him) Tajiri said these games were going to be the best yet. I know thats a give and take, more than liklet sceniro, but so far it seems things are looking good for that.

The designs for most of the Pokemon we've seen give excellent vibes, and hell the mascots probably will too.

Yes but the translation bulbanews came up with from the scan is that its accessible through plane or boat.

Maybe it means that for the first time since GSC this game will feature more than one region, with Isshu and one of the previous ones (Hoenn, anyone?), and that after Isshu, instead of just walking and surfing to cross to the other region (like in Tohjo), you'll have to travel by boat or plane. With that in mind, I'm glad that now we'll have a fullsized region with more realistic distances instead of cities of 20 steps.

Farther from the other regions? Does this mean that this time the region will be uin another country and not PokéJapan? If so, will it be based on a real world location, or a totally original ones (which I would rather). if it's another country, will the National Pokédex will be upgraded to Worldwide Pokédex mode, or will they simply scrap the Pokédex altogether? Whoa, so little information yet so many questions arise my mind. The more we learn, the less we know.

And I also loooooooooooooved that the characters are finally older than the previous ones. Both of them look so awesome, I just don't know who will I pick when I get the game. Maybe I'll even end up buying both versions just so I can have both characters.

BTW, if one of the starters is actually named Pokabu, I see poeple mocking it because of the resemblance to Pikablu.

Farther from the other regions? Does this mean that this time the region will be uin another country and not PokéJapan? If so, will it be based on a real world location, or a totally original ones (which I would rather). if it's another country, will the National Pokédex will be upgraded to Worldwide Pokédex mode, or will they simply scrap the Pokédex altogether? Whoa, so little information yet so many questions arise my mind. The more we learn, the less we know.

IMOHO, PokeUSA instead of PokeJapan for Gen V?

are there more pages of scans to come? or will there only be two this month?

Who's wears short shorts? I WEAR SHORT SHORTS!

For the ages, I'm going to say from 14 to 16. We have not had older player characters since Generation III. Wes and Lucy.

Okay, the female character appears to be wearing short-shorts or something. Interesting. But anyways, I like how the player characters look.

Zoroark is going to be a tricky devil to catch, and I can't wait to learn how Illusion actually works.

Illusion? I called it. But that's an odd ability. How does it activate?

Oh, heck yea! Short shorts.

Back
Top Bottom