• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

The Weirdest Tower Tycoon
Reaction score
Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: July 2010)

Random Wi-Fi battles confirmed:

This is easily more interesting than any of the new critters, in my honest opinion.
If it wasn't already a feature in PBR, maybe I'd be excited, but it's almost 4 years old; I think we should have expected it, honestly, because everyone wanted it.

Speaking of PBR, I want to hear about Black and White 3D battling console games and hopefully Game Freak paying attention to why PBR sucked.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score

Now SERIOUSLY! How am I supposed to study for my finals with this?

Okay, let's dig into Coro Coro July and take a look.

Araragi. Exactly as I pictured her.

Gear. Looks like it's using the multiple body idea and cross it with Bronzor. Not that it's bad. It once again words to cement the idea of tech vs nature.

Mun'na. No idea what it is but it looks like it's Telekinesis thing keeps it in the air. It actually floats. YAY!

Chiramii. Somone just won the contest. Fire route animal and it's awesome. Looks very pokemony.

Mamepato. Who wants to bet they'll change Pigeon breast? Anyways, it looks a little too much like Starly for my taste but I doubt it'll stay that way.

FIRE APE! We get another fire type. And a dark sebra (Finally!) and some weird alligator thing. The only thing I dislike is... another fire ape. I mean, I know it's not like Infernape, but it's still a little too close for comfort.

And our pokedex (if that's what that is) looks like a slider phone.

Oh, by the way. Araragi. Hot.

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score

Wow...those new Wi-Fi features...

I WANT THESE GAMES!

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score

So many. Ok, first off: Kickbutt female professor. Pokemon: I think a lot of people wanted a chinchilla. I'm not sure. New pidgeon will make all Pidgey fans whine. (not me, this one looks more like a real pidgeon, and it's been in the air for a long time Pidgey was another bird) Weird pink thing that's like Drowzee...ok. o.o Gear pokemon reminds me of Bronzor with Plusle and Minun's abilities. Imagine this thing teamed with them. Weird. o.o Yay, a fire type other than the starter. This one doesn't appeal to me much, though. Electric zebras. Way to pull an odd type alignment, Gamefreak. Ground/dark crocodile: Oh my. o.o

Waiting for you to BOOM
Reaction score

Zebra is awesomeeeee! I was waiting for that one for a very long time now!
I hope it's going to be Normal/Dark as a counter to Girafarig.
The croc is definitely Water/Ground. I can already see it. Or maybe just ground. :/

Reaction score

Random battles? Oh SWEET! A reason to use wifi a lot!

N's Secret Admirer
Reaction score

I've always loved chinchillas so I was over the moon when I saw the chinchilla Pokemon! The pigeon Pokemon is really nice too, though haven't we already got a pigeon Pokemon (Pidgey)? The Gear one is very creative and reminds me of Magnemite and Magneton, with a hint of Bronzor. I was surprised that the pink one is Psychic-type, I thought it would be Grass with the floral design. I'm not too keen on the ape, but the zebra and crocodile are pretty decent. Could this be a clue that some areas of Isshu will be like the African savanha?

Stuck
Reaction score

If it wasn't already a feature in PBR, maybe I'd be excited, but it's almost 4 years old; I think we should have expected it, honestly, because everyone wanted it.
Everyone wanted it for Platinum and HGSS, and yet Game Freak failed to deliver. It's not very impressive at this point, but it's a well-deserved addition, and should be even in the eyes of players who have PBR (the distinct minority).

I wonder what being able to upload one's save file onto the Internet will entail.

Last edited:
˙pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıuɹnʇ doʇs
Reaction score

HEY, what do you know. Another Normal/Flying Pokemon.

Not to be mad. with all the rest though. Too many new pokemon in one day. *faints do to lack of oxygen...and new pokemon*

/joke

Reaction score

Now here's the question. Is anything here DSi exclusive?

Dreams & Adventures
Reaction score

Random Wi-Fi battles confirmed:

This is easily more interesting than any of the new critters, in my honest opinion.
Can't agree more.

Personally, I find this the best feature announced to date.
I'm really hopying it will be handled as good.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score

So...Hihidaruma...is it supposed to be the bigfoot creature of Japan Hibagon? That would explain the extra "hi".

I wonder what being able to upload one's save file onto the Internet will entail.
Online rankings?

Reaction score

Shimama is a zebra?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

My thoughts:
-Finally! We get a female Professor! I've been wanting this for a while.
-Looks like Motor Drive, Plus and Minus lost their niche as exclusive abilites.
-Chiramii: yes, it's adorable. Looks like a lot of people are going to love this regional rodent the most (if it turns out to be one of them). Also, I like the fact it has Technician as an ability (give it Fake Out, please!)
-Mun'na: I don't like its design, but its new attack is cool (I think it will be the Psychic counterpart to Wring Out/Crush Grip, but I don't know why)
-Gear: I don't like the fact that it has Plusle and Minun's abilities (something tells me that it won't be that useful in battle). Its new attack is cool, though.
-Mamepato: Super Luck as an ability? Awesome. Also, its pose looks similar to Honchkrow's.
-Hihidaruma: It sure looks crazy (reminds me of a mix of Mamoswine/Infernape for some reason). I wonder what Encourage does...
-Shimama: Finally, a zebra Pokemon. I like the fact that it has Electivire's ability.
-Meguroko: I like "Earthquake Spiral." Raising Attack after KOing an opponent is awesome (let's hope GF gives it decent Attack and Speed to abuse this ability with). Also, Ground/Dark is epic.

Last edited:
Waiting for you to BOOM
Reaction score

God my post is late. O.O
So Zebra really isn't Normal/Dark. It's electric. How disappointing. :/
Ground/Dark is awesome all in all. Luckily it's not Ground/Water. :)
The monkey is...plain weird. Like Gears. And I would've preferred if they would reveal some Water or/and Grass type. :/

So far Shimama is my fave.

˙pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıuɹnʇ doʇs
Reaction score

I doubt speed, attack is probable.

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score

Zebra is awesomeeeee! I was waiting for that one for a very long time now!
I hope it's going to be Normal/Dark as a counter to Girafarig.
The croc is definitely Water/Ground. I can already see it. Or maybe just ground. :/
You're a little late and a little wrong. The zeeba is Electric, and the croc is Ground/Dark.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score

The more and more I look at the electric horse, the more and more I see Ponyta. Not a bad thing as I quite like Rapidash.

And the Crocs second ability: Earthquake Spiral? Raises it's attack when the foe is defeated. That must mean the Croc doesn't have much attacking power? (WHAT, a Crocodile that can't attack strongly?!) well I think it does cos otherwise it could end up unbeatable. Unless it has really low defences and speed to compensate.

These pics take hours to come through don't they? I thought it'd be one big blowout at once.

Reaction score

We get a desert! Yes! That desert croc proves it. I mean, look at the battle screen.