• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Next Issue: June 2010)

Is about time they show us new Pokemon.

With 3rd and 4th generation, at this time, we already knew 10 Pokemon. We only know 2 one of 5th generation.

HECK YES.

They also had more time to show us pokemon. And all those pokes were associated to movies or shorts. Seriously, I've seen longer gaps between pokemon, and I am not concerned about it at all.

i just hope the reveal a few more pokemon. maybe starters?

Some people here are clearly gearing themselves up for disappointment...

I just want to see the player characters. PLEASE DEAR GOD NOT ANOTHER CUTESY POO, AND NO MORE GOD-DAMNED SKIRTS.

Skirts doesn't automatically make the designs "cutesy-poo". The loli themselves are "cutesy-poo." Only Dawn and Leaf have skirts. :/ I don't see what's the big deal if they wear skirts or not, it's not like GameFreak is allowing you to see their panties or anything. I don't expect them to reveal the trainers next issue. I would prefer the girl not to be a loli, but I'll probably end up liking her design somehow. The boy looks hideous from his sprite, but maybe the artwork will look better.

Next issue, I expect the region name to be revealed, more information about Zoroa+Zoroark, new information about the battle system, and more in-game screenshots.

I just want to see the player characters. PLEASE DEAR GOD NOT ANOTHER CUTESY POO, AND NO MORE GOD-DAMNED SKIRTS.

Forewarning you: chances are she will wear a skirt.

Does this mean she's going to be "cutesy poo"? Well, if your definition of that is any girl wearing a skirt (and apparently Kotone), then for you yes. >_>;;;

I'd ask why skirts are SUCH a big problem, considering only TWO girls have worn skirts all of the time (Haruka's RS outfit is debatable I guess, though her Emerald outfit is a dress for sure, but in both cases she has shorts underneath), but I don't want to drive this off topic.

So far, from her overworld sprite that we've seen, she does appear to be wearing a skirt. So yeah... there's my 2 cents on that subject.

I didn't think about the starter protagonists' artwork... I can see those being revealed too, especially now that we have a good idea of what the overworld sprites look like already.

This might be a stretch... but maybe the boxart too... or not. I'm not sure...

In all honesty here, this is the first time that I've ever been involved in a game release/reveal hype. So it's pretty much of a new experience for me.:awww:

In all honesty here, this is the first time that I've ever been involved in a game release/reveal hype. So it's pretty much of a new experience for me.:awww:

Same here.

I personally can't tell what kind of clothes she's wearing. The only thing I'm sure of is that she's wearing something.

Same here.

I personally can't tell what kind of clothes she's wearing. The only thing I'm sure of is that she's wearing something.

You gotta be a buzzkill, don't you?

But really, why do we care about the proto-gonists when we could be wanting new pokemon?

As far as new Pokemon go, I don't think I'm gonna worry about that until I get either game. I am prett curious as to what the starters will be though... but like what has been brought up earlier, it might be a little while longer before those are revealed... I could be wrong though, but nonetheless I'm just gonna sit back till the next CoroCoro comes out.:-/

But really, why do we care about the proto-gonists when we could be wanting new pokemon?

Because we're more likely to see the protagonists than pokemon.

That's sick man...The characters in the games are usually pretty young..like underaged young...

Anyway, looking forward to new Pokemon. How often does Famitsu(sp) get released? I remember getting new Pokemon through that magazine.

That's sick man...The characters in the games are usually pretty young..like underaged young...

Anyway, looking forward to new Pokemon. How often does Famitsu(sp) get released? I remember getting new Pokemon through that magazine.

Here's the latest bit from Famitsu

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178814

It is very impersonal to request someone to do something while referring to them as "someone". It also came across as a complaint rather than a request. As for your problem, I'm not experiencing it myself.

One city is only enough to give us a rough idea. Game Freak have taken liberties with some of the cities (in terms of making them grander looking than they should be), and there are plenty of port cities in Tōhoku.

The problem with that is that any critters revealed next month or in June would be expected to debut in the movie. If that can't happen, which the movie merchandise would suggest, I think that the Pokémon Company would rather wait until July. But the movie may surprise us, and it should.[/QUOTE]

While that does make sense(and I personally believe there won't be any New Pokemon in Movie 13 besides Zorua and Zoroark as the Merchandise Suggests) I really hope Next Month we get atleast a Hint(s)/Silhouette('s) if we're not going to get a Full Design of a New Pokemon Next Month.
Though what you are saying makes sense about the July Issue I hope we don't have to wait so long.
Anyway, most of the Bulk of the Information was Revealed about D/P during the Summer Starting with Dialga,Palkia,Cherrim,Drapion and Pachirisu being Revealed in June so we will have wait and see^^]

Edit: Why isn't Unown Lord's Quote coming through Normally?

Edit: Why isn't Unown Lord's Quote coming through Normally?

because you ended the [noparse][/noparse] code in the middle of the [noparse][/quote][/noparse]

Anyway, most of the Bulk of the Information was Revealed about D/P during the Summer Starting with Dialga,Palkia,Cherrim,Drapion and Pachirisu being Revealed in June so we will have wait and see^^]
You probably know this, but those were officially revealed in July, with a preview of Pokémon Wonderland leaking their artwork at the end of June. Considering that Pokémon Wonderland was not released last year, it is possible it was discontinued, although this would be a good point to bring it back.

Wait we're getting the region name as well? God damn it, I thought this wait was going to be long, but not this torturous. And UL, if Tohoku is in, they likely will not turn it 90 degrees as its connected to the main island, and thus it would be confusing to actually have the routes go east west on an island part that's clearly north/South.
http://www.aikgroup.co.jp/j-school/english/area/image/map/tohoku_en.gif
http://www.aikgroup.co.jp/j-school/english/area/image/map/chugoku_shikoku_en.gif
I mean come on, your telling me if Tohoku is in, with the land cut off in a straight line isn't going to appeal to people at all?

Last edited:

And UL, if Tohoku is in, they likely will not turn it 90 degrees as its connected to the main island, and thus it would be confusing to actually have the routes go east west on an island part that's clearly north/South.
No, it wouldn't be. That is, unless Kanto were accessible and we could actually see its map again.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Tōhoku's map. But Game Freak did rotate Kyūshū's map and it certainly wasn't just because the lack of immediate proximity to the other regions.

I'm hoping for a Pokemon to be revealed that isn't a blatant anthro-fodder. And maybe some character art. Hoping that concept art that was floating around really was used, she looked older, I liked that. Probably gonna be disappointed on both counts, though. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom