• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Next Issue: June 2010)

I will be angry if they don't reveal any new Pokemon.

As far as the Gyms are concerned, Roark, Maylene and Falkner were probably not Leaders at the time, but Jasmine specialized in the Rock type, so it is about the same level of difference. Frankly, I don't think either Johto or Sinnoh was very interesting plot-wise three years ago; the only past events referenced in the Generation II/IV games are either about Kanto or the distant past.

I suppose that I mostly take issue with the assumption that we will be back in the Generation I/III time period again. It would really render the official web site's "new history" statement null and void. Let's remember that revisiting Kanto in Generation II was actually unprecedented at the time (or rather, going out of Kanto and then seeing it again), and so was moving to an isolated region, Hoenn, and going three years back in time. Granted, Generation IV did not redefine the Pokémon World to that extent (the Distortion World being limited to a third game's story climax), but Game Freak never tried to present Diamond and Pearl as a brand new experience, which they are with Black and White. I think that a previously-unseen time period is the very least they could do.
So if they do go through with an actual time period we have not seen, and its even further into the future then the gen2/4 period, Sinnoh would still be even more likely then Johto, as it would give even more reason for a sequel.

Sinnoh would still be even more likely then Johto, as it would give even more reason for a sequel.
I don't see how. If you're referring to Cyrus, he doesn't have to reappear in Sinnoh any more than Team Rocket had to return to Kanto in Generation II. Besides, I've never seen anyone come up with a feasible idea for making Cyrus relevant again to the main story, without retreading the same plot. The only way would be to have him take a glimpse of a second universe, which again, would have little to nothing to do with Sinnoh.

Well lets look at it like this. What if the Torn world is only accessible through the lands of Sinnoh. We could have the main plot of the region and later on have Sinnoh get a subplot with Cyrus. Motive if you will for exploring it. Or if not, have this.
Cyrus would have escaped from the torn world but only barely. Doing so he seems to have wakened in the region based on Tohoku. He's heard of the legends of balance being here. With this knowledge he would want to help the team going after them capture and harm one, stealing its power thus causing an imbalance. This imbalance would create the borders between dimensions to fade, thus fusing the universe of the torn world and the real universe together. This would fall into his grand scheme of creating his new universe, even if it meant causing the imbalance of all worlds. Catching the legend though doesn't cause an imbalance as it dubbed you its protector, and protector of balance. Before this though, Cyrus used his last powers left to flee for Sinnoh. You would then need to get all 8 badges to climb to the Mount Coronet summit now closed off to regular trainers, unless of course you hold all 16 badges.

I don't see how. If you're referring to Cyrus, he doesn't have to reappear in Sinnoh any more than Team Rocket had to return to Kanto in Generation II. Besides, I've never seen anyone come up with a feasible idea for making Cyrus relevant again to the main story, without retreading the same plot. The only way would be to have him take a glimpse of a second universe, which again, would have little to nothing to do with Sinnoh.

Sinnoh wasn't Cyrus' only target for his destroying-and-rebuilding scheme. He targeted the entire Pokemon World and even the whole universe. So if he wanted, or moreover if Game Freak wanted, they could place that little bastard in another region, he doesn't necessarily have to be in Sinnoh to do gawd knows what. I'm ignoring the "region-exlcusive villains" rule here for a minute of course...

Well if they plan on using Team Galactic again, they could use Charon since Cyrus left Team Galactic. Charon and Saturn are the only remaining authoritative figures left in Team Galactic. Sure, Charon got arrested, but they could have Saturn break him free, or something...

Saturn would never break Charon out.

I don't think Saturn would have any desire to break Charon out of jail... practically all 3 Commanders hated his guts. I don't think he also has any desire to use the remains of TG for any evil purposes, as quoted from the games:

"So, it's you... I've heard about you and what took place at the Spear Pillar. Our leader, Master Cyrus, hated the very idea of spirit. He hated spirit for being incomplete. And yet, using fiery exhortations, he rallied the spirit of others. What he hated most, he used to control others. Isn't that ironic? That fascinated me. I wanted to see what he would do. And I did. At his side. But it's over. A world without spirit... Who would want such a thing?! So, what now...? What to do with Team Galactic? But I've learned that extremism is never the solution... Perhaps we should really be searching for new sources of energy. Instead of lying about it through our commercials."

The part that I bolded is what interests me the most. If TG ever did make some sort of appearance in these games, it'd probably be for that specific reason. It'd also be a perfect allusion towards how we in the real world are also looking for alternate sources of energy... not to mention that the region is looking pretty high-tech so far that we can gather from the recent screenshots that we've seen. As for Cyrus' end... I'm gonna quote what I had said earlier, kinda too lazy to type it all out right now...:sweatlol:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=1519070&postcount=446

1. In all three games, he has implied that he isn't going to give up on his plans... he doesn't really elaborate on HOW he will, but still vows that he's going to do it. Cyrus being the only evil team leader who doesn't show regret for his actions and doesn't apologize or anything adds more fuel to the fire... which naturally, gives him a higher chance than either Giovanni, Archie, or Maxie returning since they practically gave up and showed no interest in furthering their goals.

2. The fact that you as the Player can enter and exit the Distortion World in Platinum at any time would also warrant the possibility of Cyrus being able to do that as well. This little part of my theory would only apply to Platinum's situation though, while in Diamond and Pearl his whereabouts are unknown... and yet in those games also vows to have his revenge 'n whatnot.

As for the anime, it's currently unknown what happened to him for sure, pretty much all we can do is speculate. In J's case, we basically witness her die in the most detailed way possible, while in Cyrus' case it's unsure if just that portal was destroyed, or if the dimension he created was destroyed along with it. After watching the episode, I did however come up with a theory... bear with me, this might be a little long:

With his hand device, Cyrus apparently had the power of the "Original One", which is more than likely Arceus (which explains why the Red Chain took the shape of Arceus' ring-thingy when it wrapped around Dialga and Palkia). True, it was probably created for the sole purpose of controlling the Pixies and the Space/Time Dragons. But the fact that he basically had the power of Arceus in the palm of his hand (literally) has made me wonder about something... would it also be possible for him to do more than control those particular Pokemon? For what happened to him in the anime, I think that he was able to create some sort of alternate dimension and call it his "new world". When Dialga and Palkia aimed for it, I think that all they destroyed was the portal into that dimension, instead of the dimension itself... therefore he could still be floating around in that alternate dimension/universe that he created. Now, we go back to that hand device... providing he's still in that dimension and hasn't died, believe it or not he would still be wearing that device. If he actually does contain the power of Arceus in that thing, there's a possibility that he might be able to use it in other ways, for example: opening up another portal for him to return. If you think about it, the Red Chain is what they used in the first place to open up the portals to Dialga's and Palkia's dimesions so that they could summon them with the Orbs. If the Red Chain on its own was used to do just that, would it be possible for Cyrus himself to use his little hand device to do the same thing, opening up a portal? Maybe, we don't know that... but if he isn't dead and wanted (and he probably doesn't want to anyways, he got the universe that he wanted) to return, that's the only way that I can think of at the moment.

But right now, I'm not concerened about the anime. I'm more focused on the games, since right now we're still in Sinnoh and probably will be for a little while longer, since Black and White don't come out till fall, and it's still spring yet.

But please don't jump on me guys... it's all speculation (and probably all wrong anyhow) on my part.

I find it funny they were looking for alternate sources of power when they have Pokemon running around. You'd think that if they can invent disks that teach pokemon electrical moves, they'd be able to build a clean power plant.

Just watch... Saturn's gonna steal Sunnyshore's idea of using... SOLAR PANELS!! o_O

I'm wondering if we'll see more stuff like that in these games... there's also where they mine coal in Oreburgh.

I'm hoping for a Pokemon to be revealed that isn't a blatant anthro-fodder.

I like the anthro pokemon the best. Aggron, the Nidos, Gardevoir, etc. You know of the uncanny valley, right?

i personally am kind of tired of the complex stories they're coming up with...

in d/p/p, i had a hard time understanding the whole plot and cyrus' intentions and the balance or something and OMG. there were so much ideas put together that i kind of lost track of what was happening. the story was a lot more detailed than the previous games'.

i want them to just do something simple and easy to understand this time around. generation i's plot was pretty basic. so was generation ii and generation iii's. things got a lot more complicated in generation iv, and were therefore often difficult to understand, in my opinion. in hg/ss, they talked about the creation and arceus.. and unown and the eggs or something... and like, ugh.

Regarding Tōhoku's shape, you should bear in mind that the map will most likely be rotated by 90 degrees, as was the case for Kyūshū. Attached is a rendition of what can be expected.

What makes you think that? I admit that the map looks far more interesting positioned horizontally, but Kyushuu/Hoenn is the only region that has been rotated in a Pokémon game, so we have nothing that can be called a pattern or a proof.

Personally, I expect and want the human characters' artwork to be revealed. Although I wonder if Sugimori will still be doing them, considering what he didn't do in HGSS.

...Wait, when did this thread derailed into a "Galactics return to Sinnoh/UL's theories come up once more" thread?

i personally am kind of tired of the complex stories they're coming up with...

in d/p/p, i had a hard time understanding the whole plot and cyrus' intentions and the balance or something and OMG. there were so much ideas put together that i kind of lost track of what was happening. the story was a lot more detailed than the previous games'.

i want them to just do something simple and easy to understand this time around. generation i's plot was pretty basic. so was generation ii and generation iii's. things got a lot more complicated in generation iv, and were therefore often difficult to understand, in my opinion. in hg/ss, they talked about the creation and arceus.. and unown and the eggs or something... and like, ugh.

Then ya might as well skip out this Gen... 'cause apparently, the storylines get a little more complex with each passing Generation of the handhelds.

What makes you think that? I admit that the map looks far more interesting positioned horizontally, but Kyushuu/Hoenn is the only region that has been rotated in a Pokémon game, so we have nothing that can be called a pattern or a proof.

Personally, I expect and want the human characters' artwork to be revealed. Although I wonder if Sugimori will still be doing them, considering what he didn't do in HGSS.

...Wait, when did this thread derailed into a "Galactics return to Sinnoh/UL's theories come up once more" thread?
When mitchman and UL hijacked a thread once more. We don't do it on purpose, we just get sucked in by our opposite sides of an idea.

I decided to Post this here as the other Zorua and Zoroark Thread is Pages Back and it may have some Relevance to Next Month's Coro-Coro.
Like I said on Serebiiforums:
To everyone who believe Zorua will Evolve into Zoroark somehow during the Night or in the Moon these picture's might interest you:
http://www.girlgamersuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/film-image.jpg
There is a Second Picture on pkmncollectors but I can't link it here but it shows Zorua and Zoroark under the Moon.

Now it may not have any meaning but Merchandise always usually Hint's Upcoming Pokemon News so the fact that there is now two Merchandise showing them under the Moon could Hint at it.
That or their Design's go well with the Moon/Nightime Theme^^

Link doesn't work.

That looks like it's just movie art. Still, it'd be cool if it's evolution did involve the moon in some way.

I don't think it means anything.

Back
Top Bottom