• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: July 2010)

That monkey, I don't like how it looks...

Infernape, oh Infernape...why did you binge on the donuts?

New Pokemons!

Hihidaruma,
the "enjou" Pokemon (ape?)
Fire type
"Chikarazuku" (encourage?) ability

Shimama
the electric horse pokemon
electric type
lightningrod / electric engine (?) ability

meguroko
sand reptile pokemon
ground / dark type
initimidate / earthquake spiral ability

EDIT: in the bottom page, it looks like the global terminal is accessable in Pokemon Center

Last edited:

We have enough for one issue. It's time to move onto the other content.

The correct count is 14.

I suppose that is true :( But I'd be happy if there is any info left. These must have nearly taken pages up?

Oh my, I love those :D. Yeah, they're really weird, but still so lovely. The crocodile one is my favourite right now, even thought it resambles a little too much Hippopotas/Hippowdon. And Gear is so genious, even it's a some sorf of Bronzor wannabe. But who cares! I liked Bronzor, I like Gear.

Munna is weird.

Names are...

Hihidaruma (hidaruma means "body on fire").
Meguroko (Megacroc sounds like a close romanization)
Shimama (shima means stripe)

New Pokemons!

Hihidaruma,
the "enjou" Pokemon (ape?)
Fire type
"Chikarazuku" (power-something) ability

Shimama
electric type

meguroko
sand reptile pokemon
ground / dark type
initimidate / "jishinkashou" ability

Electric engine could be motor drive? Idk.
GROUND/DARK! :D :D

Meguroko = MegaCroco! :p

Every new generation Pokemon are getting worst and worst, seriously what the hell, just look at fire one XD.

This is too much awesome Pokemon in one day XD

I like the gorilla half bunny thing and the Zebra >:D the croc looks cool too. All these Pokemon are sooooooo AWESOME >:D

Shimama
electric type

No way, Zebra got Electivire's ability?

Neato.

Seriously I'm really curious to know what else is in Coro-coro. Geez, I want Zorua information now,

I suppose that is true :( But I'd be happy if there is any info left. These must have nearly taken pages up?
Only three pages have been shown so far. There should be at least three remaining pages, if not five or even seven.

Again, you're missing the Wi-Fi-related information. Am I the only one who cares?

june-corocoro-new-pokemon-2.jpg

All of 'em look interesting/awesome/fierce/epic, I think I'm gettin' cross-eyed....

Someone on Serebii Pointed out something in leaf green/ fire red. A lass said she wanted a pink Pokemon with a floral design?

Doesn't that lend more credence to Gardenia mentioning a ghost/grass (then again fire red leaf green was 3rd gen. So we'd have to wait until 6th gen for grass ghost.

Edit: Lol wild volt, the electric double edge that's not a signature move.

I strongly hope they will still reveal the region in this issue though it's looking a bit unlikely.

Crocodile's attack increases when it faints a Pokemon due to its ability Earthquake Spiral...I have a feeling it could end up being quite strong.

In terms of evolution, I'm guessing Mamepato and Munna will evolve twice, Gear, Chirami, and Megroc will evolve once, and Hihidaruma and Shimama are stand-alones.

So I posted my thoughts as my facebook status and comments!

Status: "with the exception of Gear [because he reminds me of Bronzor and has either plus or minus as it's ability] and Chiramii [a great step up from Bidoof], pretty boring array of new guys. Telikenesis sounds like a great move for double battles [new Pokémon revealed, btw]"

First comment [by some other dude]: "So far I'm giving the two thumbs up for all of the 5th gen news. Some of the new poke's are a bit dull, but a bit better than 4th gen *imo*. A female professor? I'd say that's a nice change of pace for sure."

My first reply: "I don't not like them. And I know they revealed some pretty bad Pokemon first when the 4th gen was coming out [Starly was boring, but evolved awesome. Then there was Happiny and Glameow who I was SURE were both fake. Bidoof], but some of them lack colour. I missed the scans of the zebra [which I hope is normal/dark to be a counterpart to girafarig... See more], the crocodile [who seems pretty awesome hilariously. Looks like a ground type Jason] and the fire ape thing [and... I don't want more fire MONKEYS ._. I want more fire AWESOMES]."

My second reply: "Also I don't care about the professor being female just because of the change of gender. People thought Cynthia being the champion was the best thing ever but I still think Stephen was the coolest champion. And Professor Rowan was just badass. So I'll like this professor IF SHE'S AWESOME and not based simply on the fact that she's a girl and we haven't had a girl professor yet."

My third reply: "Actually, ok, crocodile is ground/dark, making it fair game for Jason AND Gaz, and it has an ability that raises its attack when it KOs a Pokemon. WHAT. AWESOME. The Zebra is electric and can have Electivires ability, and has an attack that I understand is basically Volt Tackle but not Pikachu-exclusive :/ Come on."

So... thats what I think so far!

Random Wi-Fi battles confirmed:

Serebii said:
In this game Global Terminal inside of the Pokemon center and it is called "Random Match". It just says that you can play freely with people from all over the country in random match mode. Then says that in spring 2011 that foreign players will join. It then says that you can work together over the internet by uploading your save file for B/W and then play that way

This is easily more interesting than any of the new critters, in my honest opinion.

Only three pages have been shown so far. There should be at least three remaining pages, if not five or even seven.

Great! That means we have even more info to come. What else do we think could be in there? We have the professor, starters, legendaries. I've never been part of a release like this, so I don't know what could be left to come.

Random Wi-Fi battles confirmed:

This is easily more interesting than any of the new critters, in my honest opinion.

No more friend codes? YES!

Someone on Serebii Pointed out something in leaf green/ fire red. A lass said she wanted a pink Pokemon with a floral design?

Doesn't that lend more credence to Gardenia mentioning a ghost/grass (then again fire red leaf green was 3rd gen. So we'd have to wait until 6th gen for grass ghost.

That was me. And actually, you make a decent point.

Electric Engine IS Motor Drive. The zebra has Motor Drive. AWESOME.

EDIT: Check out Pokebeach! New feature! Random Match! THE GLOBAL TERMINAL INSIDE POKEMON CENTERS!!!

Back
Top Bottom