• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: July 2010)

Random Wi-Fi battles confirmed:

This is easily more interesting than any of the new critters, in my honest opinion.

If it wasn't already a feature in PBR, maybe I'd be excited, but it's almost 4 years old; I think we should have expected it, honestly, because everyone wanted it.

Speaking of PBR, I want to hear about Black and White 3D battling console games and hopefully Game Freak paying attention to why PBR sucked.

Now SERIOUSLY! How am I supposed to study for my finals with this?

Okay, let's dig into Coro Coro July and take a look.

Araragi. Exactly as I pictured her.

Gear. Looks like it's using the multiple body idea and cross it with Bronzor. Not that it's bad. It once again words to cement the idea of tech vs nature.

Mun'na. No idea what it is but it looks like it's Telekinesis thing keeps it in the air. It actually floats. YAY!

Chiramii. Somone just won the contest. Fire route animal and it's awesome. Looks very pokemony.

Mamepato. Who wants to bet they'll change Pigeon breast? Anyways, it looks a little too much like Starly for my taste but I doubt it'll stay that way.

FIRE APE! We get another fire type. And a dark sebra (Finally!) and some weird alligator thing. The only thing I dislike is... another fire ape. I mean, I know it's not like Infernape, but it's still a little too close for comfort.

And our pokedex (if that's what that is) looks like a slider phone.

Oh, by the way. Araragi. Hot.

Wow...those new Wi-Fi features...

I WANT THESE GAMES!

So many. Ok, first off: Kickbutt female professor. Pokemon: I think a lot of people wanted a chinchilla. I'm not sure. New pidgeon will make all Pidgey fans whine. (not me, this one looks more like a real pidgeon, and it's been in the air for a long time Pidgey was another bird) Weird pink thing that's like Drowzee...ok. o.o Gear pokemon reminds me of Bronzor with Plusle and Minun's abilities. Imagine this thing teamed with them. Weird. o.o Yay, a fire type other than the starter. This one doesn't appeal to me much, though. Electric zebras. Way to pull an odd type alignment, Gamefreak. Ground/dark crocodile: Oh my. o.o

Zebra is awesomeeeee! I was waiting for that one for a very long time now!
I hope it's going to be Normal/Dark as a counter to Girafarig.
The croc is definitely Water/Ground. I can already see it. Or maybe just ground. :/

Random battles? Oh SWEET! A reason to use wifi a lot!

I've always loved chinchillas so I was over the moon when I saw the chinchilla Pokemon! The pigeon Pokemon is really nice too, though haven't we already got a pigeon Pokemon (Pidgey)? The Gear one is very creative and reminds me of Magnemite and Magneton, with a hint of Bronzor. I was surprised that the pink one is Psychic-type, I thought it would be Grass with the floral design. I'm not too keen on the ape, but the zebra and crocodile are pretty decent. Could this be a clue that some areas of Isshu will be like the African savanha?

If it wasn't already a feature in PBR, maybe I'd be excited, but it's almost 4 years old; I think we should have expected it, honestly, because everyone wanted it.
Everyone wanted it for Platinum and HGSS, and yet Game Freak failed to deliver. It's not very impressive at this point, but it's a well-deserved addition, and should be even in the eyes of players who have PBR (the distinct minority).

I wonder what being able to upload one's save file onto the Internet will entail.

Last edited:

HEY, what do you know. Another Normal/Flying Pokemon.

Not to be mad. with all the rest though. Too many new pokemon in one day. *faints do to lack of oxygen...and new pokemon*

/joke

Now here's the question. Is anything here DSi exclusive?

Random Wi-Fi battles confirmed:

This is easily more interesting than any of the new critters, in my honest opinion.

Can't agree more.

Personally, I find this the best feature announced to date.
I'm really hopying it will be handled as good.

So...Hihidaruma...is it supposed to be the bigfoot creature of Japan Hibagon? That would explain the extra "hi".

I wonder what being able to upload one's save file onto the Internet will entail.
Online rankings?

Shimama is a zebra?

My thoughts:
-Finally! We get a female Professor! I've been wanting this for a while.
-Looks like Motor Drive, Plus and Minus lost their niche as exclusive abilites.
-Chiramii: yes, it's adorable. Looks like a lot of people are going to love this regional rodent the most (if it turns out to be one of them). Also, I like the fact it has Technician as an ability (give it Fake Out, please!)
-Mun'na: I don't like its design, but its new attack is cool (I think it will be the Psychic counterpart to Wring Out/Crush Grip, but I don't know why)
-Gear: I don't like the fact that it has Plusle and Minun's abilities (something tells me that it won't be that useful in battle). Its new attack is cool, though.
-Mamepato: Super Luck as an ability? Awesome. Also, its pose looks similar to Honchkrow's.
-Hihidaruma: It sure looks crazy (reminds me of a mix of Mamoswine/Infernape for some reason). I wonder what Encourage does...
-Shimama: Finally, a zebra Pokemon. I like the fact that it has Electivire's ability.
-Meguroko: I like "Earthquake Spiral." Raising Attack after KOing an opponent is awesome (let's hope GF gives it decent Attack and Speed to abuse this ability with). Also, Ground/Dark is epic.

Last edited:

God my post is late. O.O
So Zebra really isn't Normal/Dark. It's electric. How disappointing. :/
Ground/Dark is awesome all in all. Luckily it's not Ground/Water. :)
The monkey is...plain weird. Like Gears. And I would've preferred if they would reveal some Water or/and Grass type. :/

So far Shimama is my fave.

I doubt speed, attack is probable.

Zebra is awesomeeeee! I was waiting for that one for a very long time now!
I hope it's going to be Normal/Dark as a counter to Girafarig.
The croc is definitely Water/Ground. I can already see it. Or maybe just ground. :/

You're a little late and a little wrong. The zeeba is Electric, and the croc is Ground/Dark.

The more and more I look at the electric horse, the more and more I see Ponyta. Not a bad thing as I quite like Rapidash.

And the Crocs second ability: Earthquake Spiral? Raises it's attack when the foe is defeated. That must mean the Croc doesn't have much attacking power? (WHAT, a Crocodile that can't attack strongly?!) well I think it does cos otherwise it could end up unbeatable. Unless it has really low defences and speed to compensate.

These pics take hours to come through don't they? I thought it'd be one big blowout at once.

We get a desert! Yes! That desert croc proves it. I mean, look at the battle screen.

Back
Top Bottom