• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

To be honest, I loved the mushroom's face, but WTF with the Poké Ball hat? I hated it. But if it gets evolutions/alterante forms resembling the other Poké Balls, while it will be even more farfectched, I will like it.

I must be in the minority for liking the mushroom's hat. It's rather funky.

The mushroom probably sits there looking like an item in forests, sort of like Voltorb in power facilities.

I must be in the minority for liking the mushroom's hat. It's rather funky.

I like it too. It's just so awesome to see Pokemon having a basis on items.

Well except Voltorb/Electrode.

At least with Tamegetake is more based on a mushroom and its Poke ball cap just makes it look neat.

I like it too. It's just so awesome to see Pokemon having a basis on items.

Well except Voltorb/Electrode.

At least with Tamegetake is more based on a mushroom and its Poke ball cap just makes it look neat.

Yeah, the mushroom looks really cool imo. I like how it pretends to be an item to attack people and whatnot.

I think the one thing that stands out the most to me right now is the outfit that one of the Plasma leaders is wearing... I just got an image in my head of him tripping over his own robe and WHAM!! while climbing some stairs....:lol:

I dunno why... but I think it's adorable that N owns the Dark-type kitty... like, here's this guy that wants to seperate humans and Pokemon, and yet he has a tiny kitty-kitty in his arsenal.

I'm not really bothered by having another Fire/Fighting for the Fire starter, but it is a little suprising that they decided to pull that off, when they could have easily picked a different dual-type to begin with. 3rd time's the charm I guess...

I think it's really awesome how the first Gym's battles and Gym Leaders depends on what starter you pick. It's definately a nice change of pace from almost always having a Rock-type Gym as the first one.

I understand the first gym as it will always be the type your starter is weak to. Correct?

The shroom is probably this game's Voltorb/Electrode. You see an item on the ground in a forest, try to pick it up, and the little guy ANGRILY ATTACKS. :devil:

The shroom is probably this game's Voltorb/Electrode. You see an item on the ground in a forest, try to pick it up, and the little guy ANGRILY ATTACKS. :devil:

OH GOD RUN FROM THE TINY MUSHROOM ;_;

At least it doesn't blow itself up like Volty/Electrode, that was a real concern. What's wrong with society when you start running from mushrooms? lols

@KPTitan- Yes! Perfect way to ruin an awesome cutscene! xD

@MissingnoMustache- I thought it was all out already? >>;

Also, how exactly does the first gym work? Gahhh, if I pick smugleaf, I won't get to fight Dento ;_;

OH GOD RUN FROM THE TINY MUSHROOM ;_;

At least it doesn't blow itself up like Volty/Electrode, that was a real concern. What's wrong with society when you start running from mushrooms? lols

Actually it kinda does.. it has effect spore. In other words.. if touched it can paralyze,poison, or put you to sleep if it activates

Actually it kinda does.. it has effect spore. In other words.. if touched it can paralyze,poison, or put you to sleep if it activates

I'm still not as scared of tiny fungus pokeball as much as I was suicide bombing first-gen looks-like-a-pokeball crazy Electrode. Gaaah, encountering one of those guys was so frustrating >>;

I'm still not as scared of tiny fungus pokeball as much as I was suicide bombing first-gen looks-like-a-pokeball crazy Electrode. Gaaah, encountering one of those guys was so frustrating >>;

realistically,if you were the trainer and were walking in a forest and suddenly a cloud of noxious gas exploded from out of nowhere,especially if it looked like a FREE pokeball and you reached down to get it,it'd be frightening.. especially if it makes you go into convulsions(paralysis), or puts you to sleep, then other pokemon would be able to feast upon your body and the mushroom would finish you up by eating the rotten flesh and stuff :D I'd much rather die in an explosion than that XD

realistically,if you were the trainer and were walking in a forest and suddenly a cloud of noxious gas exploded from out of nowhere,it'd be frightening.. especially if it makes you go into convulsions(paralysis), or puts you to sleep, then other pokemon would be able to feast upon your body and the mushroom would finish you up by eating the rotten flesh and stuff :D I'd much rather die in an explosion than that XD

Ewwww- I dunno, I'd rather them find me partially intact than with my body parts blown everywhere from some irate Electrode xD

I wonder if he's based off of Amanita Phalloides, AKA the death cap, AKA the most dangerous mushroom in the world. Hell I'd even run IRL if I saw one of those in person. "OH GOD NOT THE POISON!111" >>;

So, does anyone know if that starter scan really was fake?

Back
Top Bottom