• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro offically reveals new Megas, final starter evolutions: Final information bef

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
CoroCoro offically reveals new Megas, final starter evolutions: Final information before X and ...

Official artwork and profiles of a number of new Mega evolutions, as well as the final evolutions of X and Y's starter Pokémon, have been revealed in the latest edition of CoroCoro.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: CoroCoro offically reveals new Megas, final starter evolutions: Final information

Froakie's Stage 2 is certainly the best of the three, but it wont stop me to keep choosing Fennekin as my starter. The evo of Chespin seems exaggerated ... previous forms did not seem to walk in that direction...

Re: CoroCoro offically reveals new Megas, final starter evolutions: Final information

Although I don't really understand the color scheme, I LOVE Chespin's final evolution! I was going to choose Chespin as my first starter anyway, but this just solidified my choice.

And it's nice to see Mega Kangaskhan outside of that Worlds reveal, it's one of my favorite Mega designs so far. (The other ones, not so much...) I wonder if Orotto will finally get a reveal outside of those random X/Y commercials. Probably not at this point...

All the GenVI starter Pokemon final evolve into some sort of bipedal Pokemon that somehow highly resemble human being. Well, their concept were taken from human being as well. It is just that such starter Pokemon designs concept were never done in any previous generations. Somehow not yet mentally accepted.

And just a side note. It is just me felt that Pokemon getting more and more "human-like"? Not only the original concepts of many new Pokemon based on human beings, but the Pokemon were human-shaped as well.

OMIGOSH THAT MEGA AGGRON. :D

I REALLY need to transfer my shiny Aggron in Emerald up to my gen 5 games so I can bring him to my X when I get it! :D:D:D

Still choosing Fennekin as my starter. I actually rather like the final evo even though it isn't quadrupedal. :eek:

I find Fennekin's final form to be the best of the bunch, though Froakie's has grown on me considerably. Chespin's is so-so to me, don't love it, don't hate it, it's just there and meh. Still sticking with Fennekin, as I have from the start, though gonna take some time to breed a Froakie shifted over from my other game for a decent Water-type. Though I will say the official artwork does wonders for them, as you can only get so much out of a screenshot.

All the GenVI starter Pokemon final evolve into some sort of bipedal Pokemon that somehow highly resemble human being. Well, their concept were taken from human being as well. It is just that such starter Pokemon designs concept were never done in any previous generations. Somehow not yet mentally accepted.

And just a side note. It is just me felt that Pokemon getting more and more "human-like"? Not only the original concepts of many new Pokemon based on human beings, but the Pokemon were human-shaped as well.

I agree, back in Gen 1, the only Pokemon that were "human-like" were the Fighting types, and then around Gen 3, there were Pokemon that were "anthro" in appearance, starting with Blaziken, followed by Infernape, Lucario, Lopunny, and many others. Lucario is really the one that started a trend of more "anthro" animal based Pokemon, especially in Fighting types, which, as of Gen 4, have slowly been becoming more animal oriented, with Lucario being the most notable example, along with Infernape, and going further in Gens 5 and 6 with Emboar, Mienshao, Chesnaught, and Pangoro, and those are just the Fighting types...

I already knew about these a long while ago, but I'm happy to see some official Delphox artwork. It looks better than the dutzy, super low-quality screenshots I've seen, that's for sure. And even better than a lot of fan art. (Though I'm still fond of some of the interpretations of it more.) I don't really like the pose, because it kind of makes it look a bit fat. But discounting the pose choice, the art is fantastic. And I love the design a lot more now than when I saw those stupid low-quality things. I'm glad to see it isn't brown, that this confirms that it's a maroonish color.

As for the other two starters, they're pretty nice as well. I don't mind Chesnaught, though I'm rather confused by its unpredictable direction. I did NOT see that coming, and I find it a bit disappointing. Still, it looks decent. I don't hate it, though I don't love it. And Greninja? Makes Froakie WAY more awesome. Seriously, just LOOK at that thing. I'd pick it if I didn't have a bit of a natural disdain for Water starters.

However, the introduction of all these evolutions has changed my mind from Chespin (my traditional Grass-starter. I always pick them) to Fennekin. I'm going to break the mold, and start anew.

I already knew about these a long while ago, but I'm happy to see some official Delphox artwork. It looks better than the dutzy, super low-quality screenshots I've seen, that's for sure. And even better than a lot of fan art. (Though I'm still fond of some of the interpretations of it more.) I don't really like the pose, because it kind of makes it look a bit fat. But discounting the pose choice, the art is fantastic. And I love the design a lot more now than when I saw those stupid low-quality things. I'm glad to see it isn't brown, that this confirms that it's a maroonish color.

As for the other two starters, they're pretty nice as well. I don't mind Chesnaught, though I'm rather confused by its unpredictable direction. I did NOT see that coming, and I find it a bit disappointing. Still, it looks decent. I don't hate it, though I don't love it. And Greninja? Makes Froakie WAY more awesome. Seriously, just LOOK at that thing. I'd pick it if I didn't have a bit of a natural disdain for Water starters.

However, the introduction of all these evolutions has changed my mind from Chespin (my traditional Grass-starter. I always pick them) to Fennekin. I'm going to break the mold, and start anew.

Everybody knew about them, haha. The title of the thread itself doesn't even pretend this is new information - 'officially' reveals. XD I'm going against my norm this gen, too. I always pick fire (easy to guess from my name, ha) but this gen I am going green with #teamchespin.

Pokemon the new Digimon.

What about several of the other Pokemon officially revealed, like Claunchre and Skrelp's evolutions? Or don't they count due to the game being released?

I agree, back in Gen 1, the only Pokemon that were "human-like" were the Fighting types, and then around Gen 3, there were Pokemon that were "anthro" in appearance, starting with Blaziken, followed by Infernape, Lucario, Lopunny, and many others. Lucario is really the one that started a trend of more "anthro" animal based Pokemon, especially in Fighting types, which, as of Gen 4, have slowly been becoming more animal oriented, with Lucario being the most notable example, along with Infernape, and going further in Gens 5 and 6 with Emboar, Mienshao, Chesnaught, and Pangoro, and those are just the Fighting types...

The correct word in here will be "therianthropic", and here in the context will specifically refers to the kind of therianthropes that has the animal head and body of human being.

But don't mind about what is above the neck. Still, there were many new Pokemon with body, especially their body shape, body structure and skeleton framework, were designed and drawn much more closer to human being. And such human-like Pokemon seems to increase in amount for each generations. But may be that is just my imagination.

I'm not one for Fennekin. The design just doesn't hit home for me. Chespin is cute, but I'm not a grass fan, so he gets negative bias at first and he's too cute. IMO, very cute pokemon usually have wimpy final evolutions or overcompensated ones that are too weird. Now, I know that's not true always, but Chespin still doesn't make it, as I'm not a fan of chesnaught. Actually, it'd be better to say I'm on the fence with Chespin but all signs in my mind point to Froakie. Greninja is a boss, as well. I don't get why so many people hate Froakie. D:

I think some megas improve the Pokemon, but some just unbalance things andor don't improve it enough to make the whole idea viable. I'm not gonna do a whole list, as I realize I'm babbling and am quietly going to step away.

By the way, the official US Pokemon site updated with official artwork and information for all the CoroCoro reveals. (not sure where to post this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom