• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro officially reveals new Zygarde formes: Details on Zygarde 10%, 50%, Core, an

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CoroCoro officially reveals new Zygarde formes: Details on Zygarde 10%, 50%, Core

I gotta give GameFreak kudos on this one: Not only did they finally reveal what's going with Zygarde, but they also revealed two completely unexpected formes. I was expecting something similar to Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, so this percentage stuff definitely threw me off (I also can't believe Zygarde can become a Doberman lol). I'm really excited to see what comes next.

Re: CoroCoro officially reveals new Zygarde formes: Details on Zygarde 10%, 50%, Core

This is some pretty cool stuff. I thought that tiny Pokemon was a Gen VII Pokemon, like how we got Lucario in Movie 8 and such. I do have a complaint though, I feel the dog form is really out of place and it kind of bothers me. The cell and core forms at least look like they really could turn into the snake Zygarde but the dog? It's just really weird... :(

Edit: Okay, apparently the dog has to do with the mythology Zygarde is based on... still it feels so odd. xD

Last edited:

No thoughts about the Mega Sceptile alongside the other Pokémon in the scan?

Seems my prediction was corrected, that Zygarde was in fact turned into a giant mecha robot. I just wonder does it have a cockpit in the chest where Ash Ketchum someone sit inside and control it.

Love these evolution's even though I have no idea how Zygarde's % are meant to work in battle. Anime name pretty much confirmed a Pokemon Z game (not X2 and Y2 as many people thought), I could still be wrong though.

I'm seeing parts of Rhyperior, Chesnaught, Zekrom and of course DBZ Cell in that Z100. I personally don't like it, he looks overly garish.

Now, Zydog on the other hand, is Houndoom with Skymin's scarf thing and a hexagonal motif, and looks much better.

it's weird that they don't give mega evolution to the other starters....
and I was a little disappointed with the new name of the anime series... XY AND Z so there isn't new region :(((( ;;;

It's still possible that Pokemon Z is a sequel and I hope to Arceus that it is, OR it plays through the regular XY plot, revamped but has a choice split so the ending is different depending on what path you choose.

I was browsing Tumblr and saw the leaks and my immediate thought was "Okay, these have got to be fake" (mostly because of the dog forme)
But then I kept scrolling and it seemed like nobody was kidding, so I had to investigate...
And holy moly, this is all crazy! xD But I'm super happy Zygarde is getting so much attention. I'm super pumped, I hope this means we're getting a Z version.

The latest Tweet has me confused. Is it saying that "Satoshi Greninja" is a forme in the main games, or is it exclusive to the anime? I'm guessing the latter.

lol at calling any of this "predictable"... NO ONE called what's happening with Zygarde right now. And NO ONE expected the anime to restart as XY&Z before Z is even announced, or whatever's going on with Ash's Greninja.
Absolutely nothing from this leak was "predictable" at all.
Actually, I did predict it on Tumblr :p (no one can know the specifics, but overall I got it right I'd say)

Granted, I got two out of three, but I'm expecting a trailer once an update is made on the official site on Tuesday.

Agreed, after seeing the blob (core) and titan (perfect) I called at least 3 additional forms given Zygard is based off of the Midgard Serpent, brother to Fenrir (a wolf), both of which are son to Loki who is half jontun(ice titan). When the spoiler hit I figured he would revert to one of those forms to fight Xerneas or Yveltal, but the core and flat cell forms were a really good twist

The latest Tweet has me confused. Is it saying that "Satoshi Greninja" is a forme in the main games, or is it exclusive to the anime? I'm guessing the latter.

We don't have any details on "Ash Greninja" yet. It could be either an anime-only form or an actual in-game form. Or representing some Pokémon-customization feature as some people are speculating right now. So it's up in the air for now.

Show me the money and bow before me, subjects. I have made my prediction before and I couldn't have been any more right than what we're seeing here.

How Zygarde's Formes turned out weren't predictable, they've always done something new whenever a legendary gets alternate Formes, but the fact Zygarde did get Formes I think a lot of us saw a mile away. It's just not really surprising anymore that legendary Pokemon get some form of alternate shape after a while.

Also, should've probably been more clear that I was only referring to the Zygarde part, I have zero interest in the anime so if the anime is predictable or not I have no opinion about.

Zygarde Perfect Forme has red and blue glowing things, Kanto remakes confirmed!

But on a serious note, i did not expect that dog form.

Zygarde formes is basead on Loki's sons, nordic mythology.

Another Mega-Legendary to join Mewtwo and Rayquaza in the 780s BST.

Zygarde formes is basead on Loki's sons, nordic mythology.

Kudos to you for noticing that but I guess they didn't have room for the 8 legged horse. The perfect form by extension could be based on the giants Loki descended from or an Aesir because of its strangely human like appearance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash's Greninja is just a Greninja dolled up to look different by Serena and/or Bonnie. If that's the case than it could be a new feature in Z where you could slightly alter your pokemon's battle models for a personal touch on them. If that's not the case I think we can all expect Ash's Greninja to be a special event pokemon like Notch-Eared Pichu except that it won't suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom