• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro reveals Hoopa: To star in 18th movie this July

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
CoroCoro reveals Hoopa: To star in 18th movie this July

This month's issue of CoroCoro has revealed the new Mythical Pokémon Hoopa. Hoopa will star in the 18th Pokémon movie, The Archdjinn of Rings: Hoopa, which will air in Japan on July 18, 2015.

Read more on Bulbanews

Hoopa is said to like donuts because they are ring-shaped.

Hoopa gets even cuter ;_;

I like how it has a bit of a dynamic pose in its Sugi artwork too. Beats the usual standard poses.

Can't wait for the movie merch to be released so I can buy a Hoopa plush

Glad this little scrub had finally been officially revealed. Love that one picture of him and Ash with the same grin and the doughnuts~ The title is pretty damn cool, though I have no idea what an Archdjinni is~

First of all this:
Joe Merrick's Twitter said:
Interesting fact. This is the first time that the Mythical/Focal Pokémon for the movie has been revealed in January in over a decade.

Note: Joe Merrick is the webmaster of Serebii.net.

Why in january and not February?

Apparently the Pokemon has been revealed in january because there's a relevant thing expected to happen in the next edition of the magazine CoroCoro, the one that is going to release in the enxt February.

The first of all, this
ns_zps2f9b45de.jpg Photo by PKIM82 | Photobucket

This is a Tretta that is going to be released on February's 18th. It features Serena and Pancham. The thing is that Serena has a silhouette where she has way shorter hair than Serena currently looks. We know is anime Serena because there's a promotional thing based on the ending Drea Drea (Dori Dori) and has Serena's Sunglasses Pancham (that unlike Krookodile's, the glasses were put by Serena)

The haircut, alongisde the promotion of Act III for the spring (which is very likely to hapen at the end of March/start of April) could explain the early release of Hoopa.

there's also the thing with the treecko's guy in the Opening, but for now, we assume that this Treecko guy won't be in the movie.

I don't see what these things have to do with revealing Hoopa now. The reason is probably Hoopa Unbound more than anything else. This is the first time that a starring Forme already exists in the latest game.

I don't see what these things have to do with revealing Hoopa now. The reason is probably Hoopa Unbound more than anything else. This is the first time that a starring Forme already exists in the latest game.
I doubt the reason for Hoopa being revealed earlier than expected has anything to do with its Unbound Forme, considering the pattern with Shaymin and Keldeo. During both of their reveal years (2008 and 2012 respectively), their base formes were revealed in the usual February, with their other formes following in June.

You are however, incorrect with your comment about Hoopa being the first Mythical Pokémon to be released with its alternate forme already being available in the most recently released game. Japan's first distribution for Keldeo started on 23rd June 2012 and was compatible with Black 2/White 2, which came out on the same day.

I doubt the reason for Hoopa being revealed earlier than expected has anything to do with its Unbound Forme, considering the pattern with Shaymin and Keldeo. During both of their reveal years (2008 and 2012 respectively), their base formes were revealed in the usual February, with their other formes following in June.

You are however, incorrect with your comment about Hoopa being the first Mythical Pokémon to be released with its alternate forme already being available in the most recently released game. Japan's first distribution for Keldeo started on 23rd June 2012 and was compatible with Black 2/White 2, which came out on the same day.
Way to miss the point. Hoopa Unbound is the first Forme that promotes a game released before the official reveal of the base Pokémon; B2W2 were announced after Keldeo had been revealed. There is no reason to wait until June to reveal Hoopa Unbound.

Way to miss the point. Hoopa Unbound is the first Forme that promotes a game released before the official reveal of the base Pokémon; B2W2 were announced after Keldeo had been revealed. There is no reason to wait until June to reveal Hoopa Unbound.

Oh, I get you now. Your original wording was confusing.

Looking at a similar case, Meloetta's Aria Forme was revealed in March 2012, which was followed a month later by its Pirouette Forme. Obviously, Meloetta is different in that it wasn't the star of a movie (but rather its short movie), but that does make a Hoopa Unbound reveal next month more likely.

I do wonder why they're holding it back though? Maybe Hoopa Unbound will be revealed alongside an anime special that will serve as a prequel to the movie or something?

Last edited:
I do wonder why they're holding it back though?
I think that it's simply a case of revealing Hoopa early so that the February scoop can be about its Forme. Marketing-wise, it makes sense not to reveal them simultaneously so that the Forme doesn't immediately overshadow the base Pokémon. As you said, that was even the case for Meloetta.

Glad this little scrub had finally been officially revealed. Love that one picture of him and Ash with the same grin and the doughnuts~ The title is pretty damn cool, though I have no idea what an Archdjinni is~

Djinni is the [wp]singulative[/wp] form of djinn; djinni is actually just an alternative spelling of "genie". Arch- is a prefix meaning "chief" or "greatest". An alternate translation of the title is Grand Genie of the Ring: Hoopa. This translation was used essentially for the "cool" factor.

Oh CoroCoro, we always knew.

I'm just curious about how the Weather Trio fits in (though I imagine they really won't)

Yay! I can't wait for the Hoopa event so I can finally get one for my own!

OMG, I love that title! Grand Genie of the Ring: Hoopa! :D And I love that Hoopa's officially revealed. I'm going to go check the YouTube channel. They usually upload the trailers the Monday after whenever CoroCoro leaks.

OMG, I love that title! Grand Genie of the Ring: Hoopa! :D And I love that Hoopa's officially revealed. I'm going to go check the YouTube channel. They usually upload the trailers the Monday after whenever CoroCoro leaks.

They usually upload the stuff after CoroCoro's street date, which is typically around the 15th. IIRC, it is the 15th this month too, so it will probably be posted around the 14th in the US (due to timezones).

They usually upload the stuff after CoroCoro's street date, which is typically around the 15th. IIRC, it is the 15th this month too, so it will probably be posted around the 14th in the US (due to timezones).

The 14th? If Hoopa is officially revealed on my 21st birthday, I will never stop loving it! :D

$10 says the thing gets officially revealed in the Nintendo Direct this Wednesday.

The 14th? If Hoopa is officially revealed on my 21st birthday, I will never stop loving it! :D

Now that a Nintendo Direct has been announced for the 14th (15th in my timezone), chances are it will be announced then rather than a standard site update.

Was Mega Diancie first revealed in its own movie before? If it was revealed in the movie I can see the same thing happening with Hoopa, have its Forme be revealed in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom