• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro reveals last week's unveiled Pokémon to be Forme of Mewtwo: Movie 16 premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CoroCoro reveals last week's unveiled Pokémon to be Forme of Mewtwo: Movie 16 pre

Actually, I'd be happy if this was a 'distinct' new form, like unown or shellos have. I just really don't want mewtwo to be able to shapeshift back and forth.

Re: CoroCoro reveals last week's unveiled Pokémon to be Forme of Mewtwo: Movie 16 pre

Actually, I'd be happy if this was a 'distinct' new form, like unown or shellos have. I just really don't want mewtwo to be able to shapeshift back and forth.

Translations in CoroCoro, and the movie's title of "Mewtwo's Awakening", suggests that this is actually a forme that Mewtwo can change into.

Wait, is this a scan or an actual copy?

I'm slightly sad it's not a new Pokemon, but I love new formes anyway, they really make a Pokemon interesting. If they can make Mewtwo look super cute, I'll gladly take a new form!

I would like it to be a new Pokemon as well, since GF has never "formed" a Pokemon after the end of its generation so far.
I can still stand it, though, if they bring a good plot about it.

I'm kind of disappointed it's just a form, really wanted it to be a new Pokemon related to Mewtwo, but it being a form was still pretty expected. Oh well, I'm getting over it. Beside I think it's a pretty cool looking form. I just hope this Mewtwo form has a good, well explained story in the movie of how it came to being. And maybe that this new form somehow improves Mewtwo probably stat wise (honestly it doesn't need it but neither do alot of legendary's with alternate forms) or otherwise I might be disappointed.

I think interest in this game is going to spike. It's impossible not to react to this.

Expected/10

I hope next month's issue has more significant news. Hopefully during the summer we'll start getting real info about the game instead of just tiny points of information about new Pokemon.

I'm sorry, this just doesn't look right for a Mewtwo forme. If this was an attempt to cash in on nostalgia, it would have helped to make it not look so goofy (What is going on with that head-tail?).
Forms should make some amount of sense. Deoxys? Oh cool, it's an alien virus that adapts to different battle conditions!
Giratina? Awesome, it looks almost Lovecraftian, and it has a plausible reason for the change.
Arcues? Makes sense for the god of Pokemon to be all types, in a way.
Kyurem? Awesome idea, and an execution that works well with the plot.
Mewtwo? If "awakening" means some kind of character development, does that need to be accompanied by such a drastic and silly-looking change in appearance? Is this in any way understandable and/or necessary? After Darth Vader redeems himself in Return of the Jedi, does he grow a tail on his head (or worse, turn into Hans Christen Andersen)?

[video=youtube;lgI2ZQVyrBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo[/video]

Yes, I am overreacting much. It's like I forget this is all to sell video games and plush toys.

For those of you bashing this form you are doing so with no prior knowledge so really you are bashing what you see and what is the point of that, for all we know this will improve on a good concept so please stop hating without good reason, think of it as a way to say old Pokemon are still worth there attention and if you don't like it here is a surprise no one cares

You think we're just bashing it for the sake of it and have no reason? You're just a blind Mewtwo fanboy with no knowledge. I hate this idea because I don't think a Pokemon that's over a decade old should be messed with, even if it's one I never liked to begin with. I'm also starting to get tired of all the new formes lately. I really like the formes for Keldeo and Kyurem though.

I'm sorry, this just doesn't look right for a Mewtwo forme. If this was an attempt to cash in on nostalgia, it would have helped to make it not look so goofy (What is going on with that head-tail?).
Forms should make some amount of sense. Deoxys? Oh cool, it's an alien virus that adapts to different battle conditions!
Giratina? Awesome, it looks almost Lovecraftian, and it has a plausible reason for the change.
Arcues? Makes sense for the god of Pokemon to be all types, in a way.
Kyurem? Awesome idea, and an execution that works well with the plot.
Mewtwo? If "awakening" means some kind of character development, does that need to be accompanied by such a drastic and silly-looking change in appearance? Is this in any way understandable and/or necessary? After Darth Vader redeems himself in Return of the Jedi, does he grow a tail on his head (or worse, turn into Hans Christen Andersen)?

[video=youtube;lgI2ZQVyrBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo[/video]

Yes, I am overreacting much. It's like I forget this is all to sell video games and plush toys.

This Mewtwo forme clearly resembles more of Mew to me, than original. So in that way it makes sense as Mewtwo connecting with his heirloom.

And I wouldn't call the exstension from his head a tail. It's simply supposed to resemble hair I think.

Last edited:

For those of you bashing this form you are doing so with no prior knowledge so really you are bashing what you see and what is the point of that, for all we know this will improve on a good concept so please stop hating without good reason, think of it as a way to say old Pokemon are still worth there attention and if you don't like it here is a surprise no one cares

You think we're just bashing it for the sake of it and have no reason? You're just a blind Mewtwo fanboy with no knowledge. I hate this idea because I don't think a Pokemon that's over a decade old should be messed with, even if it's one I never liked to begin with. I'm also starting to get tired of all the new formes lately. I really like the formes for Keldeo and Kyurem though.

Kelleo always nice to talk to you, and i am not a blind Mewtwo fan boy i have 20/20 vision, i have extensive knowledge of Pokemon so don't even try to pull that card and no offense but the Keldeo form served no purpose other then merchandising, and if you are going to a form just to hate why even be there at all oh and i find Keldeos form to be unnecessary and garbage but it is still there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom