• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro reveals last week's unveiled Pokémon to be Forme of Mewtwo: Movie 16 premier

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
CoroCoro reveals last week's unveiled Pokémon to be Forme of Mewtwo: Movie 16 premieres July 13

CoroCoro magazine has revealed that the new Pokémon that Pokémon Smash unveiled last week is a Forme of Mewtwo.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: CoroCoro reveals last week's unveiled Pokémon to be Forme of Mewtwo: Movie 16 pre

Seriously the movie best explain this forme in a satisfying way and be absolutely brilliant because you shouldn't mess with the classics and the new design as a standalone looks weaker and stupidly than the original.

If the film turns out dud then this will be engrained next to the Matrix film trilogy as why couldnt they just leave it as the original, why did they have to ruin it.

Re: CoroCoro reveals last week's unveiled Pokémon to be Forme of Mewtwo: Movie 16 pre

I wonder if this new form is going to 'count' towards the amount of new pokemon in this gen. I mean, technically it's neither a new pokemon, nor a new evolution of a previous pokemon. It's a new form of a pokemon that already exists, so I hope they aren't just like, "Eh, we made the newmew form for Mewtwo, so I guess we don't really need to develop this plan for another awesome pokemon to fill up the dex. This already counts as a new pokemon, right~?" What I think is badass though, is that it seems pretty much a given that we can obtain Mewtwo in the new pokemon x and y, either it the main storyline or through some kind of event, which rules.

Doesn't sound very creative to me. Oh well. Guess they're running out of ideas.

Expanding on previous legendaries isn't necessarily "running out of ideas". If anything, I probably think they want to expand on the mythology and lore surrounding older Legendary Pokémon, because, without question, Kanto has the most boring Legendaries.

I'll be very interested to know how Mewtwo's plot is woven into X and Y, whether it will be part of the main storyline, or a side-quest type thing, it'll be interesting.

No, I don't think this will count as a "new" Pokémon anymore than the newer forms of Unown introduced in Generation III counted as "new Pokémon".

I truly don't understand why people are saying it looks goofy, ugly, or stupid... I mean... I know it's subjective and all, but are we even looking at the same pictures? That thing looks badass. It strongly reminds me of the classic grey aliens with the elongated head and everything. I have a feeling it's probably just nostalgia clouding vision.

Warning: large image
mewthree_by_suikuzu-d60pm13.png

Goddammit I said it before and i'll say it again:

Betrayal!!!

They better have a damn good explanation for this one.

I wonder if this new form is going to 'count' towards the amount of new pokemon in this gen. I mean, technically it's neither a new pokemon, nor a new evolution of a previous pokemon. It's a new form of a pokemon that already exists, so I hope they aren't just like, "Eh, we made the newmew form for Mewtwo, so I guess we don't really need to develop this plan for another awesome pokemon to fill up the dex. This already counts as a new pokemon, right~?" What I think is badass though, is that it seems pretty much a given that we can obtain Mewtwo in the new pokemon x and y, either it the main storyline or through some kind of event, which rules.
On the contrary, I hope that this reduces the count of new legendaries.

Mewtwo is still my favorite Pokemon. In fact, I thought about the possibility of a new forme for it, even before this forme was officially revealed. If this new forme expands Mewtwo's backstory and/or makes it more powerful, I am certainly satisfied. Fans should be happy, because it looks like Mewtwo will get a chance to shine in Pokemon X and Y. However, let's be prepared for a bit of controversy, folks. All this hateful talk makes me feel uncormfortable...

Well, I'm disappointed. But then, I should've expected this when Pokemon Smash made such a huge deal about this (I notice that they don't make as big a deal out of true new creature reveals), and when in the past they haven't made the distinction between new form and new creature.

So what do you think this new form will be stat wise? A more physically oriented version of the vanilla or something else?

Well, I can't say I'm surprised by this, but at the same time, I can't say that I'm not disappointed by this too... :I

Ugh, they are really running the alternate form idea into the ground. Was awesome with Deoxys, but is nothing but a cheap gimmick now.

This makes me sad if it's true. I was really hoping for it to be a new pokemon with a relation to mewtwo, like another failed mew clone or something. That would have been awesome, and I think making it a new form just cheapens it.

They massively trolled everybody all over the world this time by making us think it was brand new while it looked like a Mewtwo form to begin with.

I knew it was too good to be true. >_>

I also hoped that it was a new Pokemon entirely, but no, GameFreak had to troll us like you said, UnovaCastaway. This new form is a garbage and unnecessary idea.

This new form is a garbage and unnecessary idea.

And rehashing Mewtwo's story by creating another Mew clone isn't?

Maybe it'll be a super fast form if it will fight the red Genesect in the movie (the movie's red Genesect is supposed to be really fast).

I still don't understand why they had to turn one scary pokemon to an overly cute looking one!

Oh Junichi....you didn't actually show us any new pokemon

For those of you bashing this form you are doing so with no prior knowledge so really you are bashing what you see and what is the point of that, for all we know this will improve on a good concept so please stop hating without good reason, think of it as a way to say old Pokemon are still worth there attention and if you don't like it here is a surprise no one cares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom