• ME decides not to pursue Team Galactic and instead climb around the Sinnoh region with his new HM. Watch the new episode here.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

CoroCoro reveals Mega Metagross: Steven Stone to return as Champion

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
CoroCoro reveals Mega Metagross: Steven Stone to return as Champion

The latest issue of CoroCoro has revealed Mega Metagross. Mega Metagross will be used by Steven Stone as Champion.

Read more on Bulbanews

Pumpkin Spiced
Reaction score
Wow! Well I think most of us were expecting to see MegaMetagross. That spike looks like a tongue though. Excited for better scans!

Last edited:
Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
Mega Metagross confirmed! Now all of those people who thought that GF would shoehorn MegaZard-X into Steven's team based off of a vague scan can have their fears put to rest. On the topic of the Mega itself, does anyone else get a more physical-attacker vibe from Megagross's (my new term for Mega Metagross) design? I mean, the front spike and the fact that Megagross has all four limbs into claw-like positions just makes it seem like it'll focus on contact moves, most of which are physical. I wouldn't be surprised if GF gave it the Tough Claws ability. It just seems like an odd choice to make for a Special-oriented wall...

Oh wait, I just checked Bulbapedia. It turns out that Metagross was more Physical-oriented to begin with. My bad. :/

Still, the design choice caught me by surprise. I didn't imagine that Megagross would look like that, and I doubt anyone else did either.

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
:eek: HELL YES! I knew we all saw it coming, but yes! YEEEEEEEES! No Wallace, with evil Ludicolos! Finally. And Steven somehow manages to look even more boss standing next to that Megagross. How could that even be possible?!

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
:eek: HELL YES! I knew we all saw it coming, but yes! YEEEEEEEES! No Wallace, with evil Ludicolos! Finally. And Steven somehow manages to look even more boss standing next to that Megagross. How could that even be possible?!
I'm sure he will still be the Gym Leader, just not sure what happened to poor Juan.
Hoping for Mega Milotic!

Dost thou talketh to me?
Reaction score
Yes for another Mega Evolution. Mega Metagross looks awesome, and still hoping for more Megas.

Reaction score
I like how Megagross looks kind of like two normal Metagross fused together. Fits well with the rest of the line being two of the previous evo fused into one. I just hope they give it a good ability and stats and stuff (Still don't know what up with Mega Sableye. High Special Attack and Magic Bounce? Wut?).

Motto rater
Reaction score
Hold on while I fanboy over this development.
Especially with my already having a shiny metagross.
SHINY MEGA METAGROSS!!!!!

Filled with DETERMINATION
Reaction score
For me, I'm more excited that Steven will be champion again. I don't want some wacky Wallace as champion, I want good 'ole Steve.

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
A few more CoroCoro images have come in. Check the article again for Brawly and Madame Pikachu!

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
Update again! Some Gym Leader and Elite Four designs revealed, as well as Professor Birch. Also, five alternate costumes of Pikachu, one of which is shown participating in a Contest!