• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, region r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, regi

Hiun City really, really looks like Manhattan.

That's what I think. Especially with that bridge. And that one pic with the path and the stand on the side of the street reminds me of Greenwich Village.

Re: CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, regi

I see that:kawaii:

The first thing I thought when I saw that girl was "...Amy Winehouse?"

amywinehouse.png

I don't mind the short shorts, really, because they reflect what little girls in Japan wear.

amywinehouse.png

Give her boots and a cap and you're almost there.

I don't mind the short shorts, really. That's how little girls in Japan dress.

amywinehouse.png

Give her boots and a cap and you're almost there.

I don't mind the short shorts, really. That's how little girls in Japan dress.

I was thinking the same way, but not when I first saw her.

One thing in addition to the new graphics are more dynamic characters ingame. I love how gym leaders are out and about; i'd love to see trainers have thsi as well.. not just standing in the same area, forever.

lolz

amywinehouse.png

I don't mind the short shorts, really, because they reflect what little girls in Japan wear.

...but you gotta remember, these aren't little kids anymore! These guys are older than 10; persumeably 13-16!

If its PokeUSA and the game takes place in New York, effing yah! Central Park could be the safari zone, and Harlem could be that run down area. Or washington heights. Also you guys, the characters aren't holding Pokeballs. Where the hell are the balls!

I wonder if Hiun City is going to be the trainer's home town. It would be nice to not start out in the middle of nowhere for once.

Am I the only one who disliked all the starters?

This may have been mentioned, but...

cg3Q8.png

George Washington Bridge? Or however you Americens call it? :p

amywinehouse.png

... female player ruined forever. D:

Am I the only one who disliked all the starters?

No, I don't like them either and that's the first time in my life o_O This will be the first time I'm going for the grass-type too.

The girl does indeed look like Amy Winehouse xD I never thought about that. I definitely like the boy better.

I'm betting Hiun City is the only place that actually makes good use of this new perspective and everywhere else, its really bad.

So, I was wondering, since Hiun is a Port City, what if IT is actually a central hub of sorts that throughout the game new boats appear that take you to new areas? I think that would be kind of neat.

Also, anyone find it kind of weird how we're, like, less than half-a-year away from a new Gen and there are NO baby Pokemon in sight?

Also, anyone find it kind of weird how we're, like, less than half-a-year away from a new Gen and there are NO baby Pokemon in sight?

Generation III only had two baby Pokémon. There's speculation that this is going to be a "reboot generation" in the same vein as GenIII (i.e. all the new Pokémon plus some old favorites with very few new evolutions), so I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't as many connections to previous Pokémon.

I know, I think it will be as well.

It's just kind of odd though. We've only got "important" Pokemon at this point. Kind of hope the next issue gives us some random guys as well, since those will likely end up my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom