• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Hey guys this just popped up, supposedly this is some of the stuff in the next CoroCoro issue...

Pokémon Z
Pokémon Z

Can someone please try to possibly translate the rest of it?

On the first page it's basically been translated though the type chart for Fairy is a little bit bogus because it didn't state whether that was defending or offensing type chart for Fairy. And cross out that Esper - Dragon / Fairy Type because the original Japanese post didn't mention it, don't know how that popped up.

The second page translation is also correct, except for two part. One sentence is missing, this sentence say that there is still no info on trading (probably refer to backward compatibility). The second one is about Dedenne. This is very bogus because it says Dedenne Chou (as in the kanji for super) and Fae (short for fairy probably), which look like a childish wizard/magician. The reason I say this is bogus is because of the Chou Fae, the Japanese name for Psychic type is Esper and the Chinese name for Psychic type use the kanji Chou as an abbreviation for Chounouryoku (chao neng li in Chinese). So the type for Dedenne could be psychic/fairy or the original post could just meant it's a super fairy type, which doesn't quite make sense. It's very confusing.
I wouldn't believe it, Z got trolled before.

Mega forms... They weren't kidding about "scoop of the century". Mega evolution is the alternative to standard evolution? The Mawile form is twice as big as the original one.

I assume that this ties into the genetics theme.

Mega forms ... it just sounds strange. Mawile evolution looks nice though

This is a really bizarre twist for Pokemon. I know they've had an interest in forms lately, but this is crazy. Not necessarily bad, because they admittedly look epic.

I also really like the first route rodent and the electric gerbil. They're both adorable.

Mega forms ... it just sounds strange. Mawile evolution looks nice though
It's called MegaMawile. We're not dealing with standard evolutions.

But it doesn't seem likely now that there will be a second Mewtwo Forme if the first one is called MegaMewtwo. Unless there is yet another kind of forms to be revealed next month?

I don't know how I feel about those...

But it looks like those things in the background were baby gogoats all a long. The rabbit and mouse are cute.

Wow. I love MegaBlaziken.
I call it : PokemonRuby2 & Sapphire2 with MegaKyogre & MegaGroudon.

I dunno about this. Though maybe I'm just salty because they're messing with Blaziken...

Mega Forms kind of...bother me. A bit too, and I hate to say this, "Digimon" for my taste.

The end of standard cross-Gen evolutions?

I dunno about this. Though maybe I'm just salty because they're messing with Blaziken...
Why is it 'messing with' Blaziken? Why can't it just be something they are adding on to Blaziken?

My initial reaction to this is pretty much 'wait what? What in the what? Wut?' It has completely thrown me for a loop, but it excites the f*** out of me.

I'm hoping that the other two Hoenn starters get evolutions too. Partly because I want them to be featured in a Gen III remake, but that's another topic.

I agree that they do look a little Digimon-esque, but that doesn't necessarily imply it's bad. Digimon had its share of cool designs and ideas.

lol at the Ampharos and it's long flowing locks.

If these are real, I find it kind of bizarre that they'd be willing to touch a starter in this kind of fashion.

lol at the Ampharos and it's long flowing locks.

I'm glad Ampharos finally got some fluff. It seems odd that a sheep that featured its wool in the previous stages lost it completely for the final form.

I wonder if these are real, Mega Evolution have something to do with the Pokémon's EVs.

I find it odd that a starter would "evolve" for a fourth time...I also wonder if they're doing it for all of the starters.

Mawile looks okay, but I think the others look too over-designed and kinda silly :s

Uh, sure I guess? They both sound bad to me.

I think the point was that you don't have to use Mega form, so it's not like they're changing the Pokemon itself.

Assuming these forms are far more powerful than the original forms, I'm imagining there might be some kind of drawback. Like maybe they have an auto-life orb effect where they lose health each turn or all of their moves have a recharge effect now.

So with Blaziken and Ampharos evolving, we have our first four-stage evo lines. Then again, with the movie treating Megamewtwo like a form change, these might be more form change than evolution. Wouldn't be the first time they treated a new form like a separate species.

Back
Top Bottom