• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

So with Blaziken and Ampharos evolving, we have our first four-stage evo lines. Then again, with the movie treating Megamewtwo like a form change, these might be more form change than evolution. Wouldn't be the first time they treated a new form like a separate species.

These aren't evolutions, they're new forms. It's a new mechanic they're implementing apparently.

I wonder if these are like "Limit Modes" in that you only use them at certain points in battle and otherwise can't just have them chilling on your team.

If this is indeed real, then it sure would live up to the title 'Scoop of the century.'

At first I assumed they were evolutions, and instantly deemed it fake, although others here are calling them mega formes. I'm not sure how I feel about this, however, the idea of it seems to be quite intriguing.

I wonder if these are like "Limit Modes" in that you only use them at certain points in battle and otherwise can't just have them chilling on your team.

This sounds plausible to me, because in the trailers we've seen from the upcoming movie, Mewtwo appears to be quite beat up before it transforms into "MegaMewtwo."

I do hope that the Mega treatment goes for some other worthy candidates, not just what's considered cool. Sure it's cool Blaziken gets it, but it would be great if other starters get the treatment. As long as Starmie doesn't get anymore buffs (Starmie got too much treatment already!), I am OK with this.

As for the other new Pokemon, the ability Cheek Pouches is interesting. That electric Hamster looks cute, and I wanted a hamster Pokemon not long ago. I am guessing that Cheek Pouches had to do more with the berries, because the purpose of the hamster's cheeks are to store food, so it could either be a reusable berry ability or one that allows the user to carry more than one berry.

Thanks for reading.

HYPERVENTILATES

M- M- MEGA!?!??! FORMES !?!?!?!?

THAT COME THROUGH MEGA EVOLUTION?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AMPHAROS HAS WOOL?!?!!?!

THIS IS JUST AMAZING

*faints*

I want my MegaLuvdisc and MegaFarfetch'd! Those Mega forms could exist for every Pokémon and give them a big boost to their stats. I'm loving it if this is real.

If you go by the Japanese names, and with a bit of liberty romanizing them:
MegaAbsol, MegaBachamo, MegaCucheeto, MegaDenryuu.

So there might only be one Mega Pokemon from each letter of the alphabet?

I... I don't even know what to say other than "I hope this isn't real".

I may have a painful creepy smile stuck on my face while I laugh in shock because asdghjkl; Game Freak, I defend you and love you always but this??!?!? THIS??!?!?!?

what.

What the fuck. Mega evolutions? I don't even. I need to breath.

The designs looks cool, but... WHAT.

So there might only be one Mega Pokemon from each letter of the alphabet?
It's probably a coincidence, especially since it doesn't work in English, as both MegaMawile and MegaMewtwo would share a letter.

So then some Pokemon can basically go Super Saiyan then?

Perhaps the second Mewtwo form is just a "MEGA Mew".

MegaMawile with huge power and Mawile itself has 85 atk.

The only thing is I'm weirded out this was never mentioned by WPM in rumors or by anyone like Hiro, it seems like something that'd be notable the leakers would share.

Also, Hiro earlier said Dunsparce would "have his day", but then said he wasn't talking about an evolution. Mega Dunsparce?

I'm guessing this "Mega-Evolution", if it is indeed legit, has something to do with that rainbow-coloured DNA symbol that keeps popping up, since "Mega-Evolution" is all rainbowy.

Also, baby Gogoat is so cute!! And so is the mouse, I guess. That rabbit one is kinda derpy though.

I am legitimately excited about those mega forms/evolutions. I am just hoping more Pokémon gets this treatment, not only the popular ones.

Back
Top Bottom