• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

So these are just Darmanitan/Meloetta like forms during battle? How disappointing. I wanted them to be permanent.

I am shocked as shit it seems we didn't get Ooroto. Mega evolution is a really big thing, but it seems a bit annoying, assuming we've got all the scans of new creatures which seems fair, we only got 3 new pokemon, all of which are probably basic, one of which we've known forever and haven't cared much about and the other two that we could've called we'd be getting back in 2000, a rodent (well a lagomorph) and a pikaclone (actually a rodent, though pikas are also lagomorphs). Ooroto would have been like the Noivern of this issue, something big and exciting that people could look forward to using on a team. Ooroto isn't even like Kibago or Yanappu last gen where we only knew about it from leaked merchandise. Nintendo have themselves shown this thing to exist.

Now we've just got a month to sit think about which mega we'll want to use.

I just love mega Absol, my angel of disaster.

Megaforms... well, I hope for an Evo Theme by Psychic Lover on the anime, and you? 9v9

Well, sounds like a good power up for Lucario and Blaziken (catchable torchic, anyone?). Mega Absol looks like Nightmare Moon's son, though.

Yes, with every Mega Evolution terrible J-Rock should play in the background. "Ret's fighting ruv!"

Now with Lucario getting Mega, wonder if Zoroark also get mega.

I'm sure there are more. But maybe they will be added later via DLC.

So are we still expecting to see more pokemon, because we were told we'd get more version exclusives this month right? I can't see it being megas, and it's not any of the 3 new ones we've seen so far.

So are we still expecting to see more pokemon, because we were told we'd get more version exclusives this month right? I can't see it being megas, and it's not any of the 3 new ones we've seen so far.

Actually, that was apparently for last month's Corocoro, which I believe revealed Spritzee and Swirlix. Or there're more unleaked pages, but I don't think there's going to be much of any significant information left.

Another Pokemon I want to get a Mega form is Jynx. It was left behind after Magmortar and Electivire came out, and I want to see how they can make it even creepier looking.

I wonder if this does mean Pokémon like Absol and Mawile will just remain standalone forever now. I mean, Torchic turns into Mega Blaziken (right? or does it have to evolve to a Blaziken then become Mega?) straight from the get go, so does that mean these are meant to be the standalone for good? We know cross-generation evolutions are still happening (Sylveon) and I wouldn't really be happy if it meant sure, Pokémon that are considered "weaker" get a boost that they may need, but stayed with a bunch of potential in a single stage.

That or, Absol and Mawile just aren't evolving this generation. the Mega Stone could be some sort of Team Flare creation, and they don't have the data of new evolutions, so they force Pokémon to turn into these Mega formes with the stones. That way they wouldn't be aware of the potential evolutions of the two. I know it's strange, but it would be the two Pokémon I REALLY wanted to get evolutions that appear not to.

I wonder if this does mean Pokémon like Absol and Mawile will just remain standalone forever now. I mean, Torchic turns into Mega Blaziken (right? or does it have to evolve to a Blaziken then become Mega?).
MegaBlaziken is not a traditional evolution, it's a supercharged version of the previous Pokémon so we can assume that MegaBlaziken is merely a power up of Blaziken.

Plus, this isn't Digimon so that creatures can skip over evolutionary lines.

I hope Mawile still ends up with a normal evo, same for Sableye and Dunsparce, since they've had evo rumors going around.

I wonder if this does mean Pokémon like Absol and Mawile will just remain standalone forever now. I mean, Torchic turns into Mega Blaziken (right? or does it have to evolve to a Blaziken then become Mega?).
MegaBlaziken is not a traditional evolution, it's a supercharged version of the previous Pokémon so we can assume that MegaBlaziken is merely a power up of Blaziken.

I know it's not an evolution, but my point still that does this mean that Pokémon like Mawile and Absol will get normal evolutions too. I was just unsure as to how the transformation took place, whether it was from any of the Torchic family straight into the mega version or if was only for Blaziken into the Mega version.

I was shocked to hear about these Mega Evolutions. I couldn't even initially think of anything besides "What?" after I first read about them. Their designs are pretty cool, especially MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario. I'm so glad that they aren't permanent though. Giving Pokemon that are already powerful like Lucario, Blaziken and Mewtwo a traditional evolution would have been unnecessary. Not to mention make them potentially broken in battle, especially with the abilities and stat boosts MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario get. Plus, I love Lucario's design as it is and as awesome as MegaLucario looks, I wouldn't be happy with having it evolve for good.

I really hope that this doesn't mean that Absol can't get a normal evolution. I've been wanting Absol to get an evolved form for a long time and while MegaAbsol looks cool, I'd much rather have a traditional evolution for Absol.

I am pretty disappointed that they didn't reveal more new Pokemon though. The pre-evolved form of Gogoat was cute, the new Electric rodent was a cute little hamster that reminded me of Raichu and the rabbit was okay, but I really would have liked a couple of more actual new Pokemon, as opposed to all of the focus being primarily on Mega Evolutions. I was hoping for a bit more in this issue and perhaps a bit too much. At least next month, we'll be able to get an updated type chart and maybe a few more actual new Pokemon since they won't have to spend most of the time introducing Mega Evolutions.

I know it's not an evolution, but my point still that does this mean that Pokémon like Mawile and Absol will get normal evolutions too. I was just unsure as to how the transformation took place, whether it was from any of the Torchic family straight into the mega version or if was only for Blaziken into the Mega version.

It may be that all new Pokemon evolutions (except for Eevees) for old Pokemon will be Mega Forms, which I kind of would not be down with. Still, I see a thematic difference in design. Regular Pokemon evolution looks like maturation or metamorphosis. Mega Evolution makes the Pokemon look more like it's regular self but on some sort of super-steroids and dressed in a sentai outfit.

So next month we get to see more Mega Evolutions... yay?

So next month we get to see more Mega Evolutions... yay?
I'm not disappointed by that. I still like seeing how they do their designs. I just hope they do a better job of balancing the number of mega forms they reveal compared to number of brand spanking new pokemon they reveal.

It'll be the last issue to be released officially before the games come out, and the November issue will be leaking just around the time of the game's release. It would be nice to see a few more fully evolved pokemon before we sink our teeth into the games.

Apparently we'll be getting more information on the Fairy type and how it matches up in the type chart, so I'll be really looking forward to that.

Back
Top Bottom