• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

I know the site will update soon, but I wish we'd get clearer scans. We almost always get up close, clear scans not long after the original leak. Doesn't seem so this time though.

@Foxeaf; drew art for it on four legs

fennekin_evolution_by_foxeaf-d6lvnh3.png

I think it looks good either way, though.

MUCH better imo, I would have liked this so much. :thumbup: Just looks more like a fox. Don't think what we got was bad or anything, but its just up to personal taste I think.

@Foxeaf; drew art for it on four legs

fennekin_evolution_by_foxeaf-d6lvnh3.png

I think it looks good either way, though.

MUCH better imo, I would have liked this so much. :thumbup: Just looks more like a fox. Don't think what we got was bad or anything, but its just up to personal taste I think.

This is perfect! If this was the real art I would not be seriously considering abandoning my starter pick right now. Honestly, as it stands now, Froakie has won me over with its evolution. I want my fire/psychic starter though! Maybe the final evo I'll bring me back.

What the hell is wrong with a starter pokemon looking feminine? So all starters are supposed to look masculine and girls and guys who like girlish characters should just deal with it because that's the way it is and masculine is gender neutral enough (because it isn't)? Fennekin's evo looks like a girly girl. Get over it people.

What the hell is wrong with a starter pokemon looking feminine? So all starters are supposed to look masculine and girls and guys who like girlish characters should just deal with it because that's the way it is and masculine is gender neutral enough (because it isn't)? Fennekin's evo looks like a girly girl. Get over it people.

I don't like it because starters are always 75% male, though that's mainly my problem with that ratio than anything else.

I don't like it because starters are always 75% male, though that's mainly my problem with that ratio than anything else.
Why not just pick a male Fennekin and evolve it then. There is nothing wrong with a male Pokémon looking girly. God, I hate genders.

So does it bother you that eevee also has 87% male ratio despite lots of feminine looking evolutions?

Why does being male require appearing masculine?

What if they do something crazy and change up gender ratio with starters?

I like that picture of the fire guy on all fours.

And what happens if Fennekin has a 75% chance of being female? Heck, what if they completely throw out those chances and make it 50/50?

http://www.completedogsguide.com/images/dog-breeds/largepic/Standard-Poodle7.jpg
Compared to the real thing, Trimian designed is really close. It was kind of misleading for people to think of the llama earlier. Sure the neck is long, but the ears...
The feminine thing is pretty fitting for a region with the name means beauty. Even the evil team want a world of beauty. Fairy type is all about appeal. I think things that qualify as Fairy type must be either cute, or beautiful in design, or must be fairy related in its concept.

And what happens if Fennekin has a 75% chance of being female? Heck, what if they completely throw out those chances and make it 50/50?

I wish that would happen. The 1:7 ratio is annoying.

Yeah, all Pokemon with genders should be 50/50. Anything else is just kind of stupid.

I really think the 1:7 thing stemmed from them being rare. It's usually things like starters, Eevee, fossils, etc.

It's especially grating when it comes to things like Snorlax and Togepi.

Pokémon aren't really animals, so I don't see what is wrong with the gender ratio being 50:50.

1. Fennekin looking feminine isn't a problem. Eevee is a starter for the rival in Yellow and it also has feminine evolutions. Let's not forget Wally who had a Ralts for his starter - and I'm pretty sure he'd appear with a MALE Gardevoir in quite a lot of playthroughs.

2. Meganium, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Serperior all look feminine in my eyes. I consider them to be beautiful even when they are males. I dressed them up with ribbons and hearts in contests/musicals and they looked perfectly pretty as males as well. So stop complaining about feminine looks. This is becoming the Fairy-type-is-girly-omg-i-hatez argument all over again.

Pokémon aren't really animals, so I don't see what is wrong with the gender ratio being 50:50.
There's also no reason to have it 50/50. Heck, there's no reason they even had to make pokemon have 2 genders instead of 3 or 8 or whatever.

I wasn't seeing people complaining about it appearing feminine (or not many). People's main problem seems to be that it is bipedal. Though the conversation did sort of spiral into the gender discussion after this post.

2. Meganium, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Serperior all look feminine in my eyes. I consider them to be beautiful even when they are males. I dressed them up with ribbons and hearts in contests/musicals and they looked perfectly pretty as males as well. So stop complaining about feminine looks. This is becoming the Fairy-type-is-girly-omg-i-hatez argument all over again.
Interesting, I only find Meganium feminine of those. But yeah, there are plenty of "feminine" pokemon that have an equal or better chance of being male. Mawile, Gothorita line (even a feminine name), Gardevoir, etc. Not to mention, there's plenty of "masculine" pokemon that can be female, yet nobody cares about that.

Last edited:
There's also no reason to have it 50/50. Heck, there's no reason they even had to make pokemon have 2 genders instead of 3 or 8 or whatever.

Well yes. I actually still think all Pokémon should be genderless, "unigender" or something.

Doesn't the gender ratio have something to do with breeding as well? Seeing as lots of stuff can only be passed down by the female (I think. I've never been majorly concerned with breeding)

Back
Top Bottom