• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Absolclaw

Reaction score
Don't know how I feel about the random yellow on its design - it looked better with just the blue and white ... and pink.

Do the starter evolutions no longer count as spoilers now, or do we wait for the official website/game to update with them?

Chronos

Stars, Rainbows and Stars
Reaction score
I am officially satisfied with all three final evolutions. The Sugimori art makes Greninja look so much more awesome. I'm still picking Fennekin, though.

Lufenium

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
Greninja's head, which is what made a lot of people think it was fake, suddenly looks so much better.

Any news on the booklet which has a list of the mega evolutions?

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
Once again, the official art makes me appreciate a Pokemon more. I still dislike Delphox, but now I have no doubt in wanting Chesnaught. I just hope the official art helps me to like a lot of other Pokemon in XY.

Norzan

Reaction score
The official artwork actualy made me like Greninja wich i thought it was impossible and now i love Chestnaught even more.

Infinity Mk-II

From Leyend to Myth
Reaction score
Delphox' official art makes it look like a druid or something. I like it. In a more fluid pose it doesn't seem like a "cone wizard" like the few screenshots of the model (where it was just standing) and actually does remind me of wizard main characters.

Actually that might have been the problem? Most leaked screenshots showed the models just standing. The only that had a bit more of dynamism to its basic pose was Greninja.

Absolclaw

Reaction score
Delphox' official art makes it look like a druid or something. I like it. In a more fluid pose it doesn't seem like a "cone wizard" like the few screenshots of the model (where it was just standing) and actually does remind me of wizard main characters.

Actually that might have been the problem? Most leaked screenshots showed the models just standing. The only that had a bit more of dynamism to its basic pose was Greninja.
It's not like there's many opportunities for Delphox to do anything but stand around and maybe wave its wand around every now and then in game. My problem with it is the tiny head and burgundy becoming the dominant colour.

Rainbow

literal shrubbery
Reaction score
I still want to know where Delphox keeps its wand. It might be in its tail, but idk.
I love how the artwork looks though.

Like_Fahrenheit

You are beautiful to me, exile
Reaction score
I thought the wand would've evolved into a staff.

I'm liking Greninja the most of these three, now I don't know if I want to choose Froakie or Chespin as my starter.

Ampharos King

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
Mega Aggron is pure Steel! :D

That's a godsend for Aggron, and a pure type makes Filter a more worthwhile ability for it.

Kyriaki

Steven Stone For Life
Reaction score
I knew that ninja frog would turn out awesome :D I'm choosing Froakie!!

Shadow Rush

Reaction score
Once again, the official art makes me appreciate a Pokemon more. I still dislike Delphox, but now I have no doubt in wanting Chesnaught. I just hope the official art helps me to like a lot of other Pokemon in XY.
Chesnaught has a genuine powerhouse appeal than the previous grass starters--and that is not because of the spikes! No offense to those who like Delphox but, to me, it looks like a cross between a shaggy dog and a person wearing a long fur coat. Greninja, odd on the tongue (pun not intended), I admit I was hesitant to chose based on design but its starting to grow on me. Swelled tongue-scarf and all.

Absolclaw

Reaction score
Sugimori art of Pumpkaboo, Noibat, Clawitzer, Dragalge, Fletchling, Floette, Diggersby, Heliolisk, Carbink, Espurr and Binacle

Some new pictures of the starters, mostly in game screens.

Another one, art of Aegislash

How much exactly was in this CoroCoro?

Last edited:

WindBlast

Purgatorio
Reaction score
I really like Heliosk's official art. I feel inclined to use it now. God I am gonna be rotating a lot of mons this gen.