• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Crossing my fingers for Player Character art at least, I've been wanting to see them properly forever.

Actually, it was Gamestop. Just saying.

The Beasts were distributed over Wi-Fi not long after the Gamestop events ended.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I got suckered into 30 minute+ drives to Gamestop 3 times haha.

But on topic, I still believe that they should heavily cut down on the amount of new legends in XY. Maybe 5 or 6 max. The 2 mascots, one trio (or quartet like some have suggested). That would make 5 or 6 already and that's plenty to me. Any other legends should be saved for later in the generation as DLC, if any. I'd like to go back to the amount of legends seen in gens 1 and 2. Not because I think they're the best gens, but because the legends weren't so common. Gens 4 and 5 had far too many legendaries.

But on topic, I still believe that they should heavily cut down on the amount of new legends in XY. Maybe 5 or 6 max. The 2 mascots, one trio (or quartet like some have suggested). That would make 5 or 6 already and that's plenty to me. Any other legends should be saved for later in the generation as DLC, if any. I'd like to go back to the amount of legends seen in gens 1 and 2. Not because I think they're the best gens, but because the legends weren't so common. Gens 4 and 5 had far too many legendaries.

I think going down the route of Gen 3 with 10 legendaries would be the best. Not too few like Gens 1 and 2, but not too many like Gens 4 and 5 either. With the advent of DLC; however, I'm a bit worried they could end up going overboard and have even more than Gens 4 and 5. If Game Freak wanted to, they could easily create an entire new trio just for one movie... Imagine if the basic framework/concept of the Kami Trio's Therian forms were tweaked to not resemble them and made into entirely new Pokemon, for example.

I think we'd be lucky to get anything regarding XY this time around. I feel that CoroCoro will be more centered on M16 and Scramble U information, since those are being released before XY. I think a lot of people are forgetting how early we're getting the information. We haven't gotten this much this early before, there's almost guaranteed to be a dry month.

Last edited:

I feel that CoroCoro will be more centered on M16 and Smash U information, since those are being released before XY.

Rumble U?

Pretty sure Smash Bros. is still a way off.:p

I feel that CoroCoro will be more centered on M16 and Smash U information, since those are being released before XY.

Rumble U?

Pretty sure Smash Bros. is still a way off.:p
Yeah, Smash is the name in Japan.

*Derp* I actually meant Scramble U (which is the Japanese name). Smash the Japanese show :p

I originally thought Pokemon Smash was the name of a game until finding out that it was the name of that show. (replacing Pokemon Sunday, which was a fitting TV show name)

Movie information would be nice. Does Corocoro leak all the movie stuff first, or will it repeat what's currently on the film websites?

I think we'd be lucky to get anything regarding XY this time around. I feel that CoroCoro will be more centered on M16 and Scramble U information, since those are being released before XY. I think a lot of people are forgetting how early we're getting the information. We haven't gotten this much this early before, there's almost guaranteed to be a dry month.

I'm not expecting much myself. I am expecting a small sliver of info on Sylveon, since it was mentioned last month that some more 'secrets' would be revealed. Besides that, I'd like to at least see a few new screenshots.

Crossing my fingers for Player Character art at least, I've been wanting to see them properly forever.

I really don't want player art. I'm hoping that we get to customize our characters... Not going to happen. But it's what I want!

I really don't want player art. I'm hoping that we get to customize our characters... Not going to happen. But it's what I want!

I think we can get stock art for the default characters (which would most probably be the canon design if they reappear in future games) and still get customization. IRRC, in the Dragon Quest series, we get Toriyama art for the protagonist despite the fact that you can customize your character.

Having said that, I do want character customization but I still want to see stock art (specially if done by Sugimori) and I hope next Coro Coro has it.

I think we can get stock art for the default characters (which would most probably be the canon design if they reappear in future games) and still get customization. IRRC, in the Dragon Quest series, we get Toriyama art for the protagonist despite the fact that you can customize your character.

Having said that, I do want character customization but I still want to see stock art (specially if done by Sugimori) and I hope next Coro Coro has it.

I can see that. But if they would atleast confirm customization. That'd be nice! Haha.

Character customization would be fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

Push the genetics theme to the next level, Game Freak. Let us individualize our player characters.

It looks quite good. There are the starters and the eiffel tower screenshot.
Seems like the pc's are featured here

Nothing new on the cover, I have a feeling we're getting a few region details this month. Obvious stuff like the basis on France etc.

That's just the cover of CoroCoro Ichiban, which was released a while ago without revealing anything new.

That's just the cover of CoroCoro Ichiban, which was released a while ago without revealing anything new.

Uhh are you sure? How do we know the difference? I don't know too much about CoroCoro besides the fact that it gives us information.

Uhh are you sure? How do we know the difference? I don't know too much about CoroCoro besides the fact that it gives us information.
The title is CoroCoro Ichiban, which is a side magazine that has never been useful for information.

Back
Top Bottom