• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

I'm liking those customisation features. I wonder how they'll translate to online play.

Ah. That bracelet both players have... is the new gadget I guess.

Ugh, why don't the girls get any BROWN hair??? :bash:Stupid Pokemon sometimes... Either way, do you like the new guys?:thumbup:

Look at the character customization screenshot. The girl can get brown hair with the darkest skin tone, and the guy can get blonde hair if you choose.

So customization is a thing. I'm actually surprised. Not sure if I'll be picking the darkest girl, though. I may choose the official artwork.

Ugh, why don't the girls get any BROWN hair??? :bash:Stupid Pokemon sometimes... Either way, do you like the new guys?:thumbup:

Look at the character customization screenshot. The girl can get brown hair with the darkest skin tone, and the guy can get blonde hair if you choose.

It's black.

I'm directing my attention to the area with the starters, rather than the new Pokemon. You choose your Pokemon from... a plate. With fog surrounding it. WTF?! This is not our usual briefcase or lab. Maybe the lab is filled with smoke, for whatever reason?
EDIT: Never mind, it's not a plate. It's a really weird area with ground that stretches for miles.

I'm directing my attention to the area with the starters, rather than the new Pokemon. You choose your Pokemon from... a plate. With fog surrounding it. WTF?! This is not our usual briefcase or lab. Maybe the lab is filled with smoke, for whatever reason?
The professor better not have anything to do with the plants of the region(if you know what I mean)

It's black.
Did you even see
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73261431/coro-2013-05/main.jpg
?
Look directly to the left of the male's upper legs.

EDIT: Never mind, it's not a plate. It's a really weird area with ground that stretches for miles.

Actually, looking really closely it looks like they're standing on top of a Poke Ball.

the lizard may be able to rotate his ears as an helicopter

-Its not an open collar but an actual circle in the jacket.*sigh* And here I thought the design was the best yet. Still those boots, its hard not to hold it on that high a pedestal.
-The interface my god. Menus look to be BW simple, but now with a cool beige color. I love it.
-Pokedex.....horizontal? I'm probably the only person who ever wanted that, but whatever, if it is GF has done the best thing they can do. The asymmetrical 3DS screens accommodate such a layout.
-MOUNTABLE GOAT. Even if just in the cities I don't mind. If all over, and it replaces the bike....my god. Perhaps even HM's will be replaced by ability specific Pokemon? Abolishes the random blob's we have now for swimming and flying, and allows for more depth in battles.
-Round world! For one screen sure, but its still awesome. Game is gonna looks so boss.

Ah crap this always leaks after I go to bed.

It looks like they didn't want to deviate too far from the default character designs, so they only gave us minor customization. Well, I didn't care about character customization anyways. I really like the female player character this time.

And...we can ride Pokemon now? Umm okay, that's nice...I guess. As long as it's not some random thing they decided to throw in the game.

I'm happy we at least have some customization. I'm not really caring for the new Pokemon, but I guess Gogoat and Yanchamu look a bit better than the others. The new Pokedex is kind of odd compared to what we've had in the past, but I'm okay with it. Hope we get more info soon.

Giant X and Y boxarts. My god, they just keep delivering with the games. Love the areas in the letters, even if blurry. Nice touch to have the places were we can find them. But if they're in specific locations, in two specific ares of the game, does this mean G/S style obtaining of the legends is back. And if so.......you know where I'm going with this right? Just noticed it, and I am really curious how they handle it...

Ahhh, I can't help but feel there's Xerneas and Yvetal info being cut off in the first shot >_<

I know, it just me being optimistic, but still.

-MOUNTABLE GOAT. Even if just in the cities I don't mind. If all over, and it replaces the bike....my god. Perhaps even HM's will be replaced by ability specific Pokemon? Abolishes the random blob's we have now for swimming and flying, and allows for more depth in battles.

I agree, because HMs were always implied to be you riding/ being carried by the Pokémon. But is there any existing HM that involves riding one on land? (Rock Climb?)

I agree, because HMs were always implied to be you riding/ being carried by the Pokémon. But is there any existing HM that involves riding one on land? (Rock Climb?)
Rock climb is the only one yes. It could make a comeback with all these damn mountains. Perhaps a strength based mount as well? A mount system could really work as a replacement for HM's, and its honestly how I hope the series will go if they ever ditched em.

But man oh man. GF is striking too many good notes from this early, and we haven't even caught a whiff of the battle system, the bonding system(which could tie into the the mount if the feelings blurb can be trusted), the boxarts suggesting dual locations for the mascots, that I'm so damn worried this all might fall flat. Probably won't but still.

Back
Top Bottom