• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Apex

˙pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıuɹnʇ doʇs
Reaction score
I know this month's CoroCoro probably won't have something new, but you never know. There's still nine copies (maybe ten if X and Y come out in the 2nd half of October) So instead of make a multiple topics on the newest one, might as well combine them all.

Just as a timeline for when CoroCoro leaks, it usually leaks as early as the 8th and as late as the 14th.

Personally I think we MIGHT get some trivial new bit of info, but I feel like February's issue will just give us what we already know......maybe things aren't going to be revealed from CoroCoro this time because of simultaneous releases. We'll have to find out once Feb's issue comes out.

________________________________________________________________________________

(1/11/13) - February CoroCoro reveals only the official art of Xerneas and Yveltal.

(2/11/13) - New Eeveelution, Ninfia (or as some people might call it, Ninfeon)

Last edited:
Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

It's really hard to tell what they will reveal this time. I'm kind of thinking that they will just reveal the games, a few screenshots (the ones that the official site put up), and the starters. I would really like it if they give us the artwork and names/types of the two mascots, though!

But like you said, we won't have to heavily rely on Coro Coro anymore since it's going to be a simultaneous release which is really exciting. I do think that we will likely still get whatever news is coming next from Coro Coro like we usually do though, since it always leaks before the news is officially revealed on the official site. On the 15th of every month when it's released, the English website should update with its information too rather than just the Japanese website which is really exciting. We may even get things from English gaming magazines, who knows.

I'm hoping for as much artwork as possible. I feel like it would be odd for them to not show the artwork of the legendaries or trainers if they incorporate screen shots with them. If we get their artwork though, we'll probably get the names of the legendaries.

It is an interesting point that we'll be getting news simultaneously released as well. We'll probably be getting every thing first in corocoro, but only because those leak a few days before street release. I'll be interested to see if we get any news ever in English before we get it in Japanese.

Well, I'm hoping for names of the legendaries for the first month. Considering they've already been shown, it seems natural.

I hope we at least learn the name of the region soon. I don't want to keep calling it "Gen VI Region."

The name of the region being revealed would also reveal more of what the theme is, like how Unova stood for "United" and all that jazz. At the very least, official artwork and the names of the legends is what I'm looking forward to.

I predict any of the following:

Names and artwork of the mascots.
Name of the region.
Misc new Pokemon besides the starters.
Silhouette of the secret movie star.

After the massive info blowout we just had, only two of those can happen I imagine. If any of them that is; I don't recall the earliest CoroCoros of 2010 having much substantial info beyond Zoroark and Zorua.

Names of the region and legendaries would be nice at the very least. Until we get that, I'm calling the region Pokefrance and the legendaries X-Sawsbuck and Y-Wing. xD

I'd like to see an Eeveelution or two, I thought they were going to reveal one today so I'm a little disappointed :<

The name of the region and something relating to the villains would also be nice

Names of the region and legendaries would be nice at the very least. Until we get that, I'm calling the region Pokefrance and the legendaries X-Sawsbuck and Y-Wing. xD

Y-Vern.

Given how the announcement was just today, it's very highly likely that CoroCoro will have some information on the games. To what extent, however, is unknown at this point, but it will probably give us some screenshots we haven't seen yet and possibly official artwork and the names of the legendaries (and possibly the main characters as well), but anything outside of that is unlikely. We're not likely to see any new Pokemon but the starters and the legendaries, probably not for a few weeks to a month or so. We have until October before the games come out, that's 9 months, so information is likely to come out slowly rather than in masses like BW2 did.

Personally I'd want the Eeveelution, the name of the region and maybe a few new Pokemon.

Speaking of which when do you think it will leak onto the net?

I'll be satisfied with any combination of region name, official protag art, mascot art and names.
What I really want is protag art because I want to start hoarding fanart ASAP, but I'm not expecting that until February at least.

I would like to get some more names, such as the region and the legendaries, and hopefully some new Pokémon, specifically an Eeveelution to put all this speculation to rest.

I really want the official art and names of the box legends next. Their typings would also be a plus, but I doubt that we'll get them yet.

Is it possible we could make this thread more of a 'news' thread rather than solely a Coro Coro thread? Kind of like last time during Black 2/White 2 everyone used the Coro Coro thread as kind of a 'news' thread too talking about Pokemon Smash etc. Since we'll be getting different tidbits from different outlets due to the international release, I think having a place to kind of discuss the news rather than open a billion new threads for small news like the one I'm about the post is a more organized idea - just throwing it out there!

But anyway, Game Informer interviewed someone from TPCi and it seems that they mentioned that new news on the game is likely coming within the next 24 hours.

We just found out about Pokémon X and Y this morning, but Pokémon company international is already out and about answering questions… sort of.

We asked J.C. Smith, the director of consumer marketing for the Pokémon company international, about the gameplay, the graphics, how many new Pokémon we can expect to see, and a lot more about for Pokémon X and Y. He wasn't ready to answer most of our specific questions, but he did offer a few tidbits and promised that new information on the game is coming as early as tomorrow. (this was posted the day the games were revealed, so tomorrow = today)

Smith also assured us that Takao Unno, director of Black and White 2, and Junichi Masuda, producer of Black and White 2, enjoyed our previous interview where we asked a number of bizarre questions. We were sure that we would never be allowed to speak to them again.

Keep an eye out tomorrow for more information on Pokémon X and Y, and in the meantime check out Smith's answers below.

Pok

Last edited:

Honestly I think given how early it is in the pre-release I think we can expect mostly a rehash of the content we were delivered in the trailer. That doesn't mean we can't get any new content - we'l probably get some more info on the starters (and possibly the legendaries) as well as maybe some more screenshots of gameplay - but as much as I'd love some, I don't think it's likely that we'll get reveals of any new Pokemon or features.

Since the new Pokemon are revealed with names in every language on the first day (a first), I would like to see the magazine reveal the different names for every new member they introduce, as unlikely as it is (because it's a Japanese magazine, so it's in Japanese only). Move would not likely follow the same pattern, I don't think.

Thanks for reading.

Since the new Pokemon are revealed with names in every language on the first day (a first), I would like to see the magazine reveal the different names for every new member they introduce, as unlikely as it is (because it's a Japanese magazine, so it's in Japanese only). Move would not likely follow the same pattern, I don't think.

Thanks for reading.
They might just update all the Pokemon sites on Corocoro release day with the new info.

Back
Top Bottom