• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/6/13 | March issue soon to le

It looks like the leak came out while I was away... Poo.

I'm not sure where the whole "Nifia" thing is coming from (mainly because I'm not having easy luck finding the leaks myself), and I'm not even sure if it's even supposed to be an Eeveeution. But I guess I may as well say... I'm kind of disappointed that we got yet another Eeveeution, if it is one I mean. Well, here's hoping that it will at least be Dragon-type.

Edit: Okay nevermind, it is Eeveeution. I should have checked Serebii before making a post.

"Ninfia" is the translation of the katakana that accompanies the picture of the new 'mon.

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/6/13 | March issue soon to le

No type revealed. Interesting....

Fw358hU.jpg

And people were right, its ribbon was there all along!

Color scheme reminds me of Skyla, though.
Aw man!

I'm starting to suspect a new type is going to be released. I don't like this at all, but...

I still hope it's Dragon, despite the cuteness. (actually, there are "cute" dragons, Dratini line)
There are wars started over whether Game Freak is making a new type. Don't joke about that sort of thing unless you honestly think it's a genuine possibility.

Side Note: It's banlist season over in Yugioh so I'm on edge. I swear if wind-ups don't get hit this time...

There are wars started over whether Game Freak is making a new type. Don't joke about that sort of thing unless you honestly think it's a genuine possibility.
I do think it as a real possibility as much I don't want a new type. As I told several times, at this point nothing is impossible.

i'm still thinking this could be a male/female based evo method, to tie in with the potential genetic theme [although i believe more in the xyz-3d theme]. this is the female and there might be a male counterpart. maybe? :/

I hope not. Given Eevee gender ratio, that would be too asymmetrical.

I'm still not sure it's related to Eevee. I'm thinking it's the cute one they'll market to younger audiences, like Happiny, Minccino, Togepi etc. Just because it's a dog doesn't mean it's an Eeveelution. Hell, Espeon is a cat.

It's not just looks, it's...

ninfia.jpg

...this.

Last edited:

Still hoping it's a Dragon or a pure Flyer.

It reminds me of Milotic, Skyla, Victini's eyes, and Champion Iris's clothes.

After seeing the picture on Serebii, (again I really should have checked before making a post...), I take back what I said about Dragon type... because it just doesn't look like one at all. It looks more Normal type to me, which is kind of disappointing as its a wasted typing IMO, though to be fair I didn't really wanted another Eeveeution in the first place anyway. I also can't see how it could be a new typing as it doesn't really resemble anything that could represent a new typing.

Hmmm I'm leaning towards Ghost and Flying to be honest, as I read something rather interesting on Pokejungle.

XanderO> Mike•38 minutes ago −

I'm basically just C+Ping this from Pokecommunity:
Found the origin of 'Nin'!! If you review the Japanese names of the Eeveelutions you'll see they are all based heavily around English words.

So based off of that, we came across this : Ninon.

Ninon is a sheer fabric of silk, rayon, or nylon made in a variety of tight smooth weaves or open lacy patterns and/or open mesh-like appearance.[1] It is described as very delicate or lightweight and is sometimes referred to as "French tergal".[2] Available in a variety of solid colors and tone-on-tone woven vertical stripes. Some ninon fabrics have embroidered borders. Pronounced "nee-no". Because the fabric is made with high twist filament yarns, it has a crisp hand.[1] End uses include eveningwear and curtains.

Considering that the games are apparently based in Europe, the fact ninon is referred to as French tergal, it only makes more and more sense.

New eeveelution, no surprise. Love the look, even if its a bit weird. Not liking the eye style, but I'll get used to it. And yeah, flying type is likely what it is, which makes it look even weirder. I wonder who its counterpart is, and if its ground or rock.

I definitely like seeing names have multiple meanings. I'm kind of hoping that it's a mix of possibilities of 'Ninon' like Velvet posted and 'Ninfa', meaning Nymph. I'm hoping it's a Flying or Bug type.

I like the new eeveelution. I think it's probably pure-Flying, since that's the only type whose colour scheme that seems like it would match (bar Normal) and it looks a little like Skyla & Sky Forme Shaymin. I'm guessing the other eeveelution to accompany it (if there is one) will be Ground or Fighting-type.

Also, I think it's interesting to note that whatever type this new eeveelution is, its probably a physical type, which throws out the special eevelutions idea (deffo not Dragon, IMO).

New eeveelution, no surprise. Love the look, even if its a bit weird. Not liking the eye style, but I'll get used to it. And yeah, flying type is likely what it is, which makes it look even weirder. I wonder who its counterpart is, and if its ground or rock.
There won't be a counterpart. The fact that Ninfia was hinted at by the short title all along pretty much rules out another Eeveelution showing up.

This....Thing....It's....Well...Positively disgusting.

I don't want a cute Normal type Eeveelution! I would prefer something epic, like a Dragon-type or a Steel-type, but instead we get this! It's just a plushy! And it's name doesn't end in -eon!

There's only one way that this thing can redeem itself

Light type

A bit wierder then I expected but I like the overall look since it gives off a rather serene and graceful feel.

For typing, I would also guess flying or normal or a really colorful dragon.

This....Thing....It's....Well...Positively disgusting.

I don't want a cute Normal type Eeveelution! I would prefer something epic, like a Dragon-type or a Steel-type, but instead we get this! It's just a plushy! And it's name doesn't end in -eon!

The "-eon" suffix is exclusive to the English translation, Japan never used that theme.

I'm not going to check out any spoilers.... I'm not going to check out any spoilers.... I'm not going to check out any spoilers........... :boom:

Dammit..... Oh well.....

So confirmed new Eeveelution. Cool!

But wow...... So cutesy looking...... I don't hate it, but it's not what I would expect for a new Eeveelution......

I wonder what the typing will be? Normal?

It gives off a rather serene and graceful feel.

This makes me think Psychic, but we already gots one of those. Maybe they'll surprise us with a dual-typed Eeveelution?

Well, Ninfia certainly looks cute but tbh I don't find its design particularly interesting.

Though I'm really starting to suspect we're getting a new type now.

My guess is that Nympheon (Came up with the name just now) could either be a pure normal type or a pure flying type.

Hmmm I'm leaning towards Ghost and Flying to be honest, as I read something rather interesting on Pokejungle.

XanderO> Mike•38 minutes ago −

I'm basically just C+Ping this from Pokecommunity:
Found the origin of 'Nin'!! If you review the Japanese names of the Eeveelutions you'll see they are all based heavily around English words.

So based off of that, we came across this : Ninon.

Ninon is a sheer fabric of silk, rayon, or nylon made in a variety of tight smooth weaves or open lacy patterns and/or open mesh-like appearance.[1] It is described as very delicate or lightweight and is sometimes referred to as "French tergal".[2] Available in a variety of solid colors and tone-on-tone woven vertical stripes. Some ninon fabrics have embroidered borders. Pronounced "nee-no". Because the fabric is made with high twist filament yarns, it has a crisp hand.[1] End uses include eveningwear and curtains.

Considering that the games are apparently based in Europe, the fact ninon is referred to as French tergal, it only makes more and more sense.

Considering the region and the look of Ninfia, that theory is pretty logical. However, it looks nothing like a Ghost type, if I were going off this theory then normal typing is likely what Ninfia is.

Dunno why they want to keep it a secret if so though, hyping up a normal typing isn't overall that exciting, even if this is suppose to be Eevee's regular evolution if it's DNA structure was stable.

Idk if this has already been said, But I reckon it might be a flying-dragon type, This thing looks like a milotic :l

Anyway, It looks cool, So yeah. I like it

Based on the past designs it's hard to tell what type it is. It comes way out of left field. But let's check out the other types:

Normal - Plausible, but you'd think they'd just make a bigger older looking version of eevee. Eeveon anyone?
Rock, Ground, Steel, Poison don't make sense
Flying - By weight and design this could be plausible
Ghost and Fighting don't make sense either
Bug seems somewhat plausible. Not as much as the others, but there's still a chance.
If it's Dragon I'll throw myself into traffic.

It's probably Flying. I don't think there will ever be a normal type Eeveelution. If there was it would be extremely disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom