• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

@Samutott; Did I do anything wrong? I was just curious about (1) How Serebii got that info and (2) [b/c I'm impatient ;)] Why he hasn't been sharing it wit us.

Ooh, I love CoroCoro leaky time!! I'm in the UK, meaning the leaks usually come overnight, meaning I get to wake up, grope sleepily for my netbook, and open my eyes to fabulous pokemon news xDD

I really ought to learn Japanese sometime and find out which sites or 'sources' actually get CoroCoro first so I can stalk them.

The fakes and all the Mr XY hype have been interesting, but it's time for some concrete stuff. I want a region name and Sylveon's typing if nothing else!!

Ok, this has gotten ridiculous now. It's gotten to the point where I swear that NO ONE has been through a development period before, and I know that's not true! If you like to speculate, fine, but when it gets to the point where everyone starts inventing info because there isn't any, a line has been crossed. Even with everything I've been through, I am no expert, and I frankly think such a thing is impossible because fakes are always being improved. It seems every time this happens, they get better and better at it. What has happened lately, however, has made me extremely disappointed in this fandom. Do we celebrate fakes or denounce them? I don't know anymore.

Calm down, dear.

Serebii clarified his earlier statement a bit in his own forums just now, looks like he doesn't have a copy of the new issue yet after all:

Ok, I figure I should post here more so you guys don't have to get what I say from various other sources. In hindsight, I should have started here, but I didn't want to get you guys too over-excited.

We can never accurately time when leaks come. Sometimes it's on the 14th, sometimes it's one the 10th, more often than not it's on the 12th, as we saw with Sylveon last month.

What we do know is what the official CoroCoro site has said. With this issue, there will be an XY supplement. It will also be giving various stickers of the new Pokémon they have gathered. The last part is why I hesitated because it's unclear if they mean there will be new Pokémon in the supplement, or if it means that it will just be Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Xerneas and Yveltal

(original post is here)

Whether it's new 'mons or news on the ones we already have, I'm quite excited to know we're guaranteed a decent amount of info!

Yeah, we knew he wasn't referring to himself having the scans.

I swear, if they just gather up everything we already know I'm going to have an embolism. Need moar! ;_;

Throw us a bone here, you cheeky Japanese people. We're dying.

Yeah, we knew he wasn't referring to himself having the scans.

I've seen a couple of people getting excited that Serebii might already have the mag, since his post on the other forum wasn't quite as clear.

Didn't the US site update the day before Corocoro last month? I can't remember the exact timing because of the leaks... I wonder if the site'll do that again, though. If not this issue, then a future one. As much as I love waiting for leaks, it's nice to have clear images and a language I know how to read!

Yeah, the site updated the 14th (in America), and CoroCoro came out the 15th. But by then all of CoroCoro had basically leaked, so it didn't matter, and it was almost the 15th in Japan anyway.

I imagine if we get anything big about XY, we'll have all the sites update once more around the 15th more or less.

Throw us a bone here, you cheeky Japanese people. We're dying.
I'm Japanese(-blooded), but I don't live there nor have any contacts in this regard so I can't really help much.

I can try translating some stuff when we do get it though, although I imagine there's a bunch of others here who can do that anyways.

So I guess I can... help verify things?

Yeah, the site updated the 14th (in America), and CoroCoro came out the 15th. But by then all of CoroCoro had basically leaked, so it didn't matter, and it was almost the 15th in Japan anyway.

I imagine if we get anything big about XY, we'll have all the sites update once more around the 15th more or less.

I'll be really happy if they do that every month. We get the excitement and anticipation of imminent Corocoro leaks, but then we won't have to wait long for clear images and translations of information!

Well get the CorroCorro leaks first than the official site and CorroCorro proper... that's probably how it will work

The Us official site updated with the new infos happened only because the Nintendo direct aired if I'm not wrong.
Is a Nintendo direct announced for this week?

Ohhhh what curve ball will we get from CoroCoro this month.

The Us official site updated with the new infos happened only because the Nintendo direct aired if I'm not wrong.
Is a Nintendo direct announced for this week?

Ohhhh what curve ball will we get from CoroCoro this month.
Actually it updates every 14th of the month, prior to the official release of the info.

And as a clear up, I knew serebii didn't have the mag, don't go putting any blame on me. Didn't know at all that he got it from the site itself and not from someone, so its more of an error on his part. *runs*

^Just to clarify, I know that. I never, ever, put any blame on you.

Sorry for any confusion.

Not, you everyone else. No names were mentioned, but the finger always points to the starting post.

I wasn't referring to Serebii's stuff. I was not aware anything was said about anything being in this month's Coro Coro. It just being stickers doesn't sound too good, though. I apologize regardless, since I recently escaped a community where fakes are frequent, and that every rumor and fake is being treated as if it is real everywhere I go. It feels like I haven't left at all.

I wasn't referring to Serebii's stuff. I was not aware anything was said about anything being in this month's Coro Coro. It just being stickers doesn't sound too good, though. I apologize regardless, since I recently escaped a community where fakes are frequent, and that every rumor and fake is being treated as if it is real everywhere I go. It feels like I haven't left at all.
Haha, I know that feel man, its nasty.

Anyway, even though it was CoroCoro PR fluff, I'll still give things a benefit of the doubt and assume we'll get something substantial.

Interestingly enough, Pokemon.com is currently in the process of updating and is off-line...

Interestingly enough, Pokemon.com is currently in the process of updating and is off-line...
Just a coincidence. Not gonna roll out news from now, that would be silly.

Why not? The Sylveon information came out earlier than CoroCoro official release date, who says NOA won't reveal info prior to CoroCoro again?

Just a coincidence. Not gonna roll out news from now, that would be silly.

How do you know it is just a coincidence? Well, you don't.

I actually don't think the update is directly related to news about XY, but "coincidence"... nah.

Back
Top Bottom