• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

:bounce:I would like it if they could offer me something new...like conformation of customizing of PC! That would be so exciting for me to hear!:thumbup::thumbup:

TV Tokyo said that the information will be revealed on the 18th April in Oha Suta (most probably)/Anime episode. But I remember that Zoroark was said that it would be revealed by Smash on the 21st and iot was revealed on CoroCoro anyway. Expecting new information about this new Mewtwo is expected.

Also, I think that finally they reveal the types of Sylveon. Why? Because they are releasing new trailers and they need to prmote Sylveon.

I don't expect revealing any game detail until at least May. Why? One, because it's 6 months away. And two, because it's rather clear that CoroCoro will focus on Rumble U this month. Next month, the real coverage of XY will start, 5 months before release like in BW.

Another note:
Sorry, but if you see some list floating on the Internet this is fully fake because the number of the pokemon of the pokedex is unknown to (almost security) by Gamefreak. as of 8th April. The game producers are doing the last designs and introduced more pokemon in the pokedex in the upcoming months.

People thought that all the pokemon are introduced 1) because they need the pokedex for the anime production, and 2) because they knew that they are working beforehand, they know the pokedex 1 year prior. The former is true but only applies to the pokemon that appears on the first episodes and the second forgot that they are working since (probably early 2011) until next summer programming the game.

And you have to remember that all the trailer are showcasing the text "Game footage not final". Remember that the content of the trailer is a beta demo made for proportional releases. That also applies to the old pokemon that appear in the trailers (it's confirmed that older pokemon appear, but not the pokemon that appear).

Here's what I think they should reveal in this month's CoroCoro:

-At least 1 or 2 new Pokemon, with one of them being something completely new (i.e. not a new evolution, a starter evolution, or some other regional annoyer).
-Details on Sylveon and Newtwo. Stuff like typing, movesets, abilities, evolution/form change method, etc.
-At least one detail about the game. Preferably either something about the region or a new feature in the game (explanation of this new bond mechanic, reveal of some new 3DS feature, etc.)

I don't care if all we get is like, one new feature, and some Pokemon reveals, but the reveals so far have been too unsubstantial, revealing a new Pokemon and then saying nothing about it is not enough to keep the hype up for this game.

I expect nothing but Eclair Forme with question marks plastered everywhere.

If we're lucky, we might get pictures of Sylveon again with even more question marks.

If they could've gotten away with it, I bet they would've announced Pokemon ???? Version and Pokemon ???? Version for the Nintendo ???? coming in ??? ????!

I can't see them revealing anything that hasn't already been plastered all over the interwebs.
They'll give us Newtwo art, maybe his weight and height, and then WOO RUMBLE U WE SKYLANDERS NOW

There are so many ??? marks in these Japanese unveils I keep thinking i didnt have the japanese language font pack installed.

CoroCoro: And the name of the new mysterious Pokemon is... Mew____!!!
CoroCoro: You'll have to wait until July to find out the rest of its name!!! :ksmile:

And it it does end up being 'Eclair forme', then for god sake, I hope they call it something else.
What's wrong with Éclair Forme? Not only is it a reference to the region, but the world itself has different interpretations. On the one hand it means a flash of lightning, and on the other the verb éclairer means to enlighten. Both interpretations could be relevant.

Just because the choice isn't obvious to people that don't speak French doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.

Late response, but anyhow,

I realize that Eclair in this context is in reference to speed and flashes. But I'm sorry, the name just makes me think of a psychic type pastry baked with the genes of Mew. I cannot take it seriously regardless of what the context is supposed to mean.

Besides, if I may ask, why the hell is everyone instantly believing this rumor? As far as I know, it was only mentioned by someone on a forum, but anyone can go and make a huge claim. I could go to some other forum and claim that the next Pokemon to be revealed will be a common Ghost type, but that doesn't mean that it's true.

The next CoroCoro just won't come any sooner...

And it it does end up being 'Eclair forme', then for god sake, I hope they call it something else.
What's wrong with Éclair Forme? Not only is it a reference to the region, but the world itself has different interpretations. On the one hand it means a flash of lightning, and on the other the verb éclairer means to enlighten. Both interpretations could be relevant.

Just because the choice isn't obvious to people that don't speak French doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.

Late response, but anyhow,

I realize that Eclair in this context is in reference to speed and flashes. But I'm sorry, the name just makes me think of a psychic type pastry baked with the genes of Mew. I cannot take it seriously regardless of what the context is supposed to mean.

Besides, if I may ask, why the hell is everyone instantly believing this rumor? As far as I know, it was only mentioned by someone on a forum, but anyone can go and make a huge claim. I could go to some other forum and claim that the next Pokemon to be revealed will be a common Ghost type, but that doesn't mean that it's true.

The next CoroCoro just won't come any sooner...
I think Eclair Forme is a rumor.Its a pokemon related to mewtwo

Besides, if I may ask, why the hell is everyone instantly believing this rumor? As far as I know, it was only mentioned by someone on a forum, but anyone can go and make a huge claim.
Said forum is the origin of the movie pamphlet that alerted us about the new design in the first place. Granted, we can't be certain that the leaker of the pamphlet is also the person who mentioned Éclair Forme, but it's only natural to suspect it. And quite frankly, I don't think that any fan would have made up that name.

Besides, if I may ask, why the hell is everyone instantly believing this rumor? As far as I know, it was only mentioned by someone on a forum, but anyone can go and make a huge claim.
Said forum is the origin of the movie pamphlet that alerted us about the new design in the first place. Granted, we can't be certain that the leaker of the pamphlet is also the person who mentioned Éclair Forme, but it's only natural to suspect it. And quite frankly, I don't think that any fan would have made up that name.

Perhaps not, unless we're dealing with a very clever fan who has a grasp on the French language and knew just the right forum to post at. I'm not willing to believe it until it is actually mentioned by official sources.

It's also the Japanese name...I imagine it'll probably get a different name in English since I feel most English speakers would, as you point out, think of the pastry first.

It's also the Japanese name...I imagine it'll probably get a different name in English since I feel most English speakers would, as you point out, think of the pastry first.

Of course they probably will change it. But that doesn't mean that I like the sound of this possible forme name.

The poster leak most likely came from a printer firm intern or cinema admin etc. They'll purely have the information on the poster and nothing extra. Same way the magazines only have the pictures/information given to them by Gamefreak and nothing more. Unless you have a printed version of a name from the poster itself I wouldnt believe anything just yet.

Most likely as the topic that originally showed the poster became longer and more posters added their opinions, rumors would start to get mixed into the bare poster facts.

Take the new eevee. We havent been given a type or evolution method but if you ask 50% of the forum they'd prob say its been confirmed as a flying type or female only evolution. Basically if you post something that makes sense in these topics alot of people will agree with it and a fair few who skipped over chunks of the topic will think it has maybe been established as fact.

Last edited:

Yeah...although I would love for this to happen, I don't see why the official sites would have us speculate about this new design only for CoroCoro to reveal details about it a few days later. That completely goes against their policy of having us speculate for months about small amounts of minor information.

Yeah...although I would love for this to happen, I don't see why the official sites would have us speculate about this new design only for CoroCoro to reveal details about it a few days later. That completely goes against their policy of having us speculate for months about small amounts of minor information.

Actually, if anything, it keeps us hyped and to look forward to the next CoroCoro. It's all a very simple business ploy, and it's certainly working.

I didn't realize CoroCoro was so close, we'll get it by Saturday. :0

Anyway, I'm actually thinking we might get some more, little, bits of game info. No New Pokemon I'd guess, bar more on Mewtwo, but some new screens and maybe one or two gameplay bits.

I didn't realize CoroCoro was so close, we'll get it by Saturday. :0

Anyway, I'm actually thinking we might get some more, little, bits of game info. No New Pokemon I'd guess, bar more on Mewtwo, but some new screens and maybe one or two gameplay bits.
That would at least give hints.

yeah, I'm not expecting anything big. We might get more images of NewMew or any other of the new Pokémon, but I doubt it'll have things like Sylveon's type

The next issue will most likely be focused on Newtwo. They'll probably reveal its name and clarify if its a new Pokemon or an alternate form. The trailer on the 18th is going to confirm that anyway, so they might as well do that in the next issue. If we're lucky, they might reveal Sylveon's type due to being in the short in the next movie. I'd love to see a couple of new Pokemon that aren't connected to Pokemon from a previous generation or a name for the region, but it's sadly unlikely for that to happen. After the lack of news for months from CoroCoro and then being initially disappointed at Newtwo being the only thing revealed in last week's Pokemon Smash, my excitement for this issue is pretty low, but hopefully whatever they reveal can make me more excited for the games.

Back
Top Bottom