• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

I completely forgot CoroCoro could leak today or tonight. Too much work :(

I don't see anything meaningful leaking except some NewTwo info. And if we get something even better it would completely surprise us.

Staying away from the movie discussion, doesn't CoroCoro release on the 15th? How soon should we expect any leaks? I feel like the later the issue leaks the less information is in there. I'm not expecting anything more than what Smash revealed.

It could leak as early as today, but will probably leak around the 12th or 13th.

Staying away from the movie discussion, doesn't CoroCoro release on the 15th? How soon should we expect any leaks? I feel like the later the issue leaks the less information is in there. I'm not expecting anything more than what Smash revealed.

The content of the issue has no bearing on when the leak occurs. January's issue that had nothing but Xerneas/Yveltal art leaked on the 11th, but last year's April issue that had a massive BW2 info blowout was leaked on the 13th. It all depends on whether or not someone has access to a copy and is willing to take pictures.

How soon in advance doesn't really correlate to anything. Just when people can get their hands on it, though sometimes when it's huge stuff like the first announcement of BW it may seem a bit early. We got Zoroark and Zorua on the 10th. Most commonly it's anywhere between the 10th and around the 13th. Things mostly crop up mid afternoon Japan time when people get home from work, so more or less overnight for the western world.

I know there's not an actual correlation, I guess it seems like the leakers are more excited to get the good info out. I just remember some of the info heave bw and b2w2 issues coming out very early.

I really hope that if this next upcoming issue of CoroCoro is to shed light on the New Movie it can also provide some info on Sylveon's Type and the New Short it's to start in. Also I have a theory that the Sylveon in the Short belongs to Virgil just bear with me for a second. In the episode with Virgil's first appearance he makes it quite clear that his Eevee is a girl which is pretty suspicious that they'd want you to exactly know what gender his Eevee is. On to the next part I'm not generalizing anything based on my perspective and I'm quite aware that Pokémon is not real but Sylveon's appearance with the big bows and pink color palette is very much cute and girly now don't jump down my throat this is purely based on the outlook of the general public on what's masculine and feminine. So I think I can kind of make a connection there between the 2 Virgil being so stuck on what to evolve his Female Eevee into and the New Eeveelution Sylveon.

I've never known such little hype for a pre-release Coro Coro.

I guess Smash took the wind out of the sails a bit.

I'm hoping for region details, but I doubt we'll get new Pokemon.

As long as it isn't like last month D:

Really though, I'd be happy if Coro Coro at least revealed Sylveon's type, if nothing else.

I've never known such little hype for a pre-release Coro Coro.

I guess Smash took the wind out of the sails a bit.

I'm hoping for region details, but I doubt we'll get new Pokemon.

It probably also has to do with the more lackluster past releases it had these past two months. Hopefully we get something more but it's not looking the best at this point.

Everyone is probably getting sick of the whole "boy who cried wolf" routine that CoroCoro and Smash have been pulling the past couple months.

What if CoroCoro trolls us again and gives us a ton of info now that no one expects it?

What if CoroCoro trolls us again and gives us a ton of info now that no one expects it?

I was actually thinking the same thing. But yah I agree with smash taking the excitement out of corocoro. This is the first time I'm not eagerly anticipating it. I already can feel they're just going to tell us everything we know and then maybe announce huge news next month.

I'd be happily surprised by that twist and that would make me much more excited. After the lack of news from the last two month's issues and Pokemon Smash's announcement being less than I expected, I'm not expecting a lot. They could easily just say that they'll have news next month just like they did in the last issue of CoroCoro.

I hope CoroCoro at least shed some more light on the new Pokemon that's related to Mewtwo. It'd make sense to follow up the Smash reveal.

Why do a lot of people assume this movie is based on Gen 6?? To me the only thing this movie has regarding gen 6 is the New Mewtwo, and although I haven't seen many of the later Pokemon movies, I know that a lot of Pokemon movies feature one, maybe two pokemon, from the next generation. Not to mention this movie is released in Japan around 3 months before the games are released. Bulbapedia even mentions it is the third movie in the 'best wishes series.' I also sincerely doubt that a Pokemon movie that is suppose to be set in generation 6, would be released before the gen 6 games would be.
You do realize that there is always one movie released soon before the games that always contains at least one next Generation Pokemon, pretty much always the star of the movie, that is always part of the current anime series, right?

Movie 5 (starring the Latis) was a part of the original anime series, and came out months before Ruby and Sapphire.
Both Movie 8 and 9 (starring Lucario and Manaphy, respectively) were part of the Advanced Series, and Movie 8 came out over a year before Diamond and Pearl.
Movie 13 (starring Zoroark) was part of the Diamond and Pearl series, and came out months before Black and White.

It being in the previous generations anime series means nothing. It's still set in the sixth generation, like its predecessors were set in their upcoming generation.
Iris and Cilan will still be there. Mostly Unovan Pokemon will be in it. It's set in Unova.

Even though it has one Pokemon from the next generation, it's not a Generation 6 movie. When the new anime for Pokemon X and Y come out, and a movie is made with the new characters and set in the new region with mostly Gen 6 Pokemon, it'll be a Gen 6 movie.

I'm not hoping for much from CoroCoro. I think it's because of Pokemon Smash. I have a small hope that they're just making us not expecting much and then giving something good, like the region, but not much faith is left in me.
But that's exactly what they want me to think. Maybe.:secret:
Funny how people seem to forget the whole topic of the forum.

The content of the issue has no bearing on when the leak occurs. January's issue that had nothing but Xerneas/Yveltal art leaked on the 11th, but last year's April issue that had a massive BW2 info blowout was leaked on the 13th. It all depends on whether or not someone has access to a copy and is willing to take pictures.

One note: the Febraury issue (who is released on January) leaked 4 days prior because it was a Friday and we have a Sunday and a happy Monday. If certain day is holiday CoroCoro will leak it before.

CoroCoro isn't gotten anymore on the 9th or 10th because they attempt to distribute the magazine with a maximum of two days of leaking. I fully expect today information on CoroCoro because it's the second last day before it's fully released.

At the least we're getting something on the new Mewtwo forme, as its on its cover. Hopefully its the event and its name.

They already updated the site this month; I can't see them doing it again a week later. So I don't think we'll be getting any new information.

@Kojo;

61YaVyJmO6L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom