• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

i am happy that it is just a form. having Mewtwo evolve wouldnt sit right because he was created by science. i still hope the ledgendary awesomeness doesnt get compromised.

Awww man, no Mewthree for us...I guess that rumor will never come true. Still, it looks nice, it better not be event-only (because that would suck).

I imagine what will happen is mewtwo will be distributed at stores outside of Japan closer to release. But if you can't get him that way there's always the option of catching him in heart gold/soul silver. I just can't see them having him be catchable in x and y. Maybe in the third version.

Most likely, it will be a distro related to the movie and when a Mewtwo with the "fateful encounter" tag is sent over to X/Y, it can become the new form. Unless they want to add the requirement of it having the specific moveset of the one from that distro. There's tons of Mewtwo with the fateful encounter tag, so I am not sure how else they would make it target specifically the one from the movie, unless it has to do with the OT. There could be other ways, there's tons of ways they can manipulate the data.

There's tons of Mewtwo with the fateful encounter tag, so I am not sure how else they would make it target specifically the one from the movie, unless it has to do with the OT. There could be other ways, there's tons of ways they can manipulate the data.
Tons of Mewtwo with the fateful encounter flag? Only one has been distributed before now. And while they could use another flag (like the Unnerve ability), I don't know if they'll bother to go that far.

i am happy that it is just a form. having Mewtwo evolve wouldnt sit right because he was created by science. i still hope the ledgendary awesomeness doesnt get compromised.

To be right, Porygon can evolve.

Yet I agree that this couldn't be an evolution or prevolution imo.

@ontopic
I'm not unhappy if I wouldn't get to catch Mewtwo in XY. Not unless it would be possible to use him in Wi-Fi.

Oh, I forgot about the hidden abilities. I suppose they could do that too. It would be the only chance they have on doing so. I wouldn't be too certain, though, since not all of the hidden abilities were made available. It's a good idea, though.

Oh, I forgot about the hidden abilities. I suppose they could do that too. It would be the only chance they have on doing so. I wouldn't be too certain, though, since not all of the hidden abilities were made available. It's a good idea, though.
The movie Mewtwo has been confirmed to have Unnerve as its ability. I still wouldn't be sure about that being the flag, since I don't see anything wrong with the Wi-Fi Mewtwo being useful for something. But what I really care about is the possibility of a DLC Mewtwo caught in-game.

Why would a DLC Mewtwo be caught in-game? They're supposed to exclusive to DLC. That's the point.

Why would a DLC Mewtwo be caught in-game? They're supposed to exclusive to DLC. That's the point.

They've had DLC that amounted to a new area being opened up, where the exclusive Pokemon could be battled, as opposed to having the delivery guy just hand you the Pokemon. Gen IV had a couple of these, with Shaymin and Darkrai. If I recall correctly, Gen III had these as well, but I don't think they were available worldwide.

Oh, alright. Then I misread the meaning of the post.

I'll say then that yes, an event of that sort for Mewtwo would be nice.

Especially if it included a backstory/battles/storyline. Just talking to someone, headed to a certain place and catch a pokemon.

I dunno, that's kinda plain.

If they bothered to make a new forme for Mewtwo, I don't see why they wouldn't make it obtainable in-game. It'd be annoying if it isnt catchable.

If they bothered to make a new forme for Mewtwo, I don't see why they wouldn't make it obtainable in-game. It'd be annoying if it isnt catchable.
The problem is that it would render the movie distribution pretty pointless. That is why I wasn't happy with the news about Mewtwo being distributed again. Compare it to Zorua and Zoroark being event-exclusive in Black and White for no reason than to accommodate Movie 13. B2W2 only made up for that two years later.

This is one of the many reasons why I'd rather that XY be gradually expanded via DLC, as opposed to being followed by a third version or sequels. XY not being complete games to begin with is acceptable, but it shouldn't take two years to introduce additional features, especially ones that were deliberately removed. We should also have a choice to only pay for the extra features and story segments that we're interested in.

The problem is that it would render the movie distribution pretty pointless. That is why I wasn't happy with the news about Mewtwo being distributed again. Compare it to Zorua and Zoroark being event-exclusive in Black and White for no reason than to accommodate Movie 13. B2W2 only made up for that two years later.

This is one of the many reasons why I'd rather that XY be gradually expanded via DLC, as opposed to being followed by a third version or sequels. XY not being complete games to begin with is acceptable, but it shouldn't take two years to introduce additional features, especially ones that were deliberately removed. We should also have a choice to only pay for the extra features and story segments that we're interested in.

i dont think that will happen. i dont want that to happen. im content with sequels/third version. thats how its always been and i want it to stay that way. plus im a collector and plus the same game for 4 yeas i dont thank that will end well

i dont think that will happen. i dont want that to happen. im content with sequels/third version. thats how its always been and i want it to stay that way. plus im a collector and plus the same game for 4 yeas i dont thank that will end well

Not only that, but I can't stand paid DLC in any way. Free DLC is fine, though.

Problem with that line of thinking, though while DLC expansion is certainly great of an idea, is that not everyone has access to wifi, and thus have no access to DLC.

I happen to be one of those people.

I said nothing about XY being the only games of their generation. The main reason I support DLC expansions is that they would allow Game Freak to release other games without rehashed content. The sequels were a (slight) departure from the third version formula, but they shouldn't stop there.

Problem with that line of thinking, though while DLC expansion is certainly great of an idea, is that not everyone has access to wifi, and thus have no access to DLC.

But is that really a problem? You'd have to go to a store to buy a new game, right? Then why not go to a store or any number of other places to get Wi-Fi access?

Last edited:

I'm one of those rare people who like dlc, but not in excess. And honestly I think nintendo has handled dlc pretty well to date. All the dlc available for fire emblem or mystery dungeon is just extras. As dlc should be. I do think event Pokemon should still exist, as opposed to paid dlc, but say there is character customizing or something. Costumes, and new areas to catch past generation Pokemon would be pretty cool

I said nothing about XY being the only games of their generation. The main reason I support DLC expansions is that they would allow Game Freak to release other games without rehashed content. The sequels were a (slight) departure from the third version formula, but they shouldn't stop there.

But is that really a problem? You'd have to go to a store to buy a new game, right? Then why not to go to a store or any number of other places to get Wi-Fi access?

Because the wifi in our city seems crap. I once went to the local market, which had a Starbucks in it, to try to connect to wifi and it wouldn't let me access. At either rate, I don't find the idea very convenient.

Because the wifi in our city seems crap. I once went to the local market, which had a Starbucks in it, to try to connect to wifi and it wouldn't let me access. At either rate, I don't find the idea very convenient.

Sometimes the wifi needs an additional log-in using a browser. I know the public libraries take you to a page to confirm you accept their terms before use before you can actually use the wifi.

Either way, you live in Canada? Why not just buy a wireless router considering the 3DS is a lot better with using WPA keys than the DS.

Back
Top Bottom