• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Well, whaddaya know, traditional sprites are still here.
7hgupMT.png

You sure that's not the 3D model in a stationary position? It could be like Pokedex 3D as far as we know.
That's a good question, although I can't remember what Chespin's 3D sprite looks like.
Looks like the summary screen though, maybe they're only used there.

Yup, makes sense alright.

But perhaps a small tribute to pixels in an arcade? No need to use sprites of every pokemon.

That still looks like the chespin model to me, not a sprite. It knowing rollout makes it seem more likely it'll evolve into some sort of hedgehog or armadillo.

Clearer customization
corocoro5135.jpg

Hopefully you can mix and match skin tones and hair colors....also wishing there was a darker skin tone (I'm mixed so the dark one for the girl is perfect, but still)

The left and middle guys have the exact same skin tone, why even

Oh, right, appeal to the "Hitler's Ubermensch" demographic

But remember, the 3D models are cel-shaded so they still have the same anime quality as previous gens. They still might use sprites for other things. (fancy text, trainer VS splashes, etc)

They should've made the middle girl's hair a tad darker.

I agree, There could be more mixing and matching skin and hair color.

The blonde guy just under the customization screenshots looks like a rival. Now we get a closer pic, there's a pokéball at the corner, so it must be the start of a trainer battle.

The blonde guy just under the customization screenshots looks like a rival. Now we get a closer pic, there's a pokéball at the corner, so it must be the start of a trainer battle.
Apparently the picture with the artwork of the blonde girl translates to (according to 4chan) "Miniskirt Rika wants to battle!!" so I'm guessing it's the lass class.

2XhsNan.jpg
Judging from the region map in the upper left, yeah that's France for a T. Even has the Alps and the Pyrenees. Heck, the coastline is almost traced.

It's a Lass named Rika, I think.

Hmm not sure but looking at the scan I think the blond guy is following you. Mayhaps he'll tag along a bit a small part of the story

Apparently the picture with the artwork of the blonde girl translates to (according to 4chan) "Miniskirt Rika wants to battle!!" so I'm guessing it's the lass class.

So it was just a lass... Oh, well...

Still, looks like the battle start animation is gonna be awesome, if we have that close-up for just a generic NPC trainer

Ah so it's a girl!

And she's catching up to you to engage in battle in the overworld screenshot I now suppose.

Love that Banchō Panda! <3

Erekiteru is Hatsuden species? Hatsuden is charger that hooks up to a camp fire. Might it evolve into Fire/Electric?

It's frustrating that If you want to be blond you also have to be pale apparently. Not surprised there isn't a wide range of skin tones. They probably won't change your mom's, so all of these are believable from the same generic light skinned woman.

Ugh, why don't the girls get any BROWN hair??? :bash:Stupid Pokemon sometimes... Either way, do you like the new guys?:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom