• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Come on people, in every generation after the boom of information (X and Y's was may) it always remains consistent until release it would make no sense to go back into an information drought. Even not counting E3 last month we had 4 pokemon in CoroCoro same amount was in May. I'm expecting this month to have:
*4 new pokemon
*Movie information
*Xerneas and Yveltal types
*Professor
add all that with some new gameplay screenshots and the traditional trailer we've been getting with new info that should hold us over until next month.

I hope we see some new evolutions this time around of old Pokemon.

I'm really starting to wonder if people jumped on the "even region = new evolutions" when Sylveon popped up, because so far things have been dry in that regard and one of the most likely candidates, Sableye, has so far amounted to nothing with his role in Movie 16 apparently being so little no one who saw the pre-screenings felt to mention him.

i hoping they reveal if there stuff like battle frontier, pokestar contest whatever this gen has as long as it as great as the one i mention.

also i want then to give us more info on the in game characters and maybe some town or city since apart from the first and second town what other area have there been reveal to have name.

i for one hope that they reveal all the fairy type pokemon from past gen (hey if they reveal 10 past pokemon being fairy that fine with me if they say five past pokemon are fairy that fine with me.

again sorry if this is against the rule.

I don't think they'd reveal all the fairy type in one issue :p

I'm hoping they're release a Type Match Up chart so we know what all Fairy is weak and strong against.

From what is known and hinted, they're strong against dragons (known) and its hinted they're weak against poison (hinted)

I also hope there is another Eeveelution that hasn't been revealed yet. Eeveelutions have always been released in a set pattern outside of Gen I. Eeveelutions are released in pairs, and one is strong against the other, and one weak against the other. Eeveelutions are also always special types, and Fairy is most likely a special type since that dwells into magic and all that other sailor moon stuff. Interesting enough, outside of the ghost-type all we have left is for a Dragon type or an Poison type Eeveelution. Maybe this will be the Gen that we see a Eeveelution of one of these 3 last remaining types. We can dream lol.

I'm just hoping they'll give us word about a RSE remake for Gen VI. Remakes always happen on the newest hardware.

I'm hoping they're release a Type Match Up chart so we know what all Fairy is weak and strong against.

From what is known and hinted, they're strong against dragons (known) and its hinted they're weak against poison (hinted)

I also hope there is another Eeveelution that hasn't been revealed yet. Eeveelutions have always been released in a set pattern outside of Gen I. Eeveelutions are released in pairs, and one is strong against the other, and one weak against the other. Eeveelutions are also always special types, and Fairy is most likely a special type since that dwells into magic and all that other sailor moon stuff. Interesting enough, outside of the ghost-type all we have left is for a Dragon type or an Poison type Eeveelution. Maybe this will be the Gen that we see a Eeveelution of one of these 3 last remaining types. We can dream lol.

I'm just hoping they'll give us word about a RSE remake for Gen VI. Remakes always happen on the newest hardware.
It would be nice to have the Typing Chart. I see what you were saying about the Eeveelution pairs. Personally I think the next CoroCoro will have more information about Sylveon. I believe that iit will have new moves, and hint and a counterpart for future announcements, but most importantly, it's evolution method. The new Pokemon movie comes out this month, along with the mini Eevee film. It's bound to reveal the evolution method. I think Pokémon Smash said something about it being strong or weak to Steel types. I would love for a Steel Eeveelution to be revealed.

I'm really hoping that they'll have some information on the new evil team. I'm curious about what their goal will be and how it could tie into what themes people have speculated about. I'd love evolutions for the starters too, but I'm not sure if I'll release those yet. They might wait until next month's issue for that, but I wouldn't mind being wrong about that.

If we get the evil team this issue I'm going to place my bets on there being two with their names being Team Beautiful and Team Ugly :b

Given that this month's CoroCoro release pretty much coincides with the launch of the new Movie, who else thinks that we may be treated to more information about the new Mewtwo forme? We have only really been teased about its connection with Mewtwo up to now, so it would be awesome if we could find out more about what differentiates it from the Mewtwo that we all know so well. I'm sure that the Prologue special being aired this Thursday will drop some hints about its in-game abilities and moves, but I feel that (as with Sylveon before it) we're now overdue some more information about its role in X and Y - if only to lift some of the mystery currently enshrouding it.

I don't care about Mewtwo and its new form, so I will be a bit disappointed if the next CoroCoro is focused on it. :l As far as legendaries are concerned, I care more about Xerneas and Yveltal, their types, abilities and roles in the new games.

I don't care about Mewtwo and its new form, so I will be a bit disappointed if the next CoroCoro is focused on it. :l As far as legendaries are concerned, I care more about Xerneas and Yveltal, their types, abilities and roles in the new games.

I doubt that Mewtwo would hog all of this month's focus, so there would still be plenty of pages left to cover other aspects of X and Y such as Xerneas and Yveltal. Seeing as this month sees the release of the new movie, it would seem illogical not to shed more light on the existence of the new Mewtwo forme in Gen VI.

Seeing as this month sees the release of the new movie, it would seem illogical not to shed more light on the existence of the new Mewtwo forme in Gen VI.
It's illogical, but we know that the movie doesn't even reveal the Forme's official name, so I don't think that they're ready to reveal proper information about it just yet. It is possible that they want to keep the movie coverage separate from the games, and in that case we'll have to wait yet another month.

It's illogical, but we know that the movie doesn't even reveal the Forme's official name, so I don't think that they're ready to reveal proper information about it just yet. It is possible that they want to keep the movie coverage separate from the games, and in that case we'll have to wait yet another month.

That's very possible too. I can see the sense in leaving the gap of a month between the movie and an outpour of information about the Forme as the intrigue about its mystery would remain in the initial weeks after the film's release. My issue with this is that we've been waiting for months to find out more about it, but then the same can be said about Sylveon.

My issue with this is that we've been waiting for months to find out more about it, but then the same can be said about Sylveon.
It was a four-month gap in Sylveon's case and it's been six months for the version mascots. But at least it made sense to wait until E3 to reveal a new type.

You know, I'm hoping that in this issue we will get to see some evolutions and pre-evos of older gen Pokemon, we already have Sylveon, and I would be disappointing if that was the only one we were getting.

And while I don't think it's likely they will show them until the games are out (or at least the September issue), but I would like to see the next stages of the starters, the first forms at least, so we can get our "Fire/Fighting Fennekin" hopes and fears out already.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if one of the two was a Fairy type, since they apparently need to shove that down our throats as much as possible.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if one of the two was a Fairy type, since they apparently need to shove that down our throats as much as possible.
Yeah, I can easily see Xerneas being Fairy-type, but to be honest I'd like to see the opposite happening (Yveltal being Fairy) just for "wait, what?!" reactions. I think even Mewtwo's new form have a high chance of being Psychic/Fairy.

I also want new evolutions for old Pokémon, like Sableye and Mawile, but pre-evolutions? No thanks.

Since the past months have seen a large amount of info in each CoroCoro, I'm expecting the following:
--Three to five new Pokemon
--Details on the Pokemon Professor and the Evil Team
--Features in Pokemon-Amie
--More Pokemon changing to Fairy-Type
--(hopefully) Xerneas and Yveltal's types, I'm expecting Light and Sound respectively. Details on the new types.
--(if the above is true) Pokemon changing to Light and Sound-types.

Since the past months have seen a large amount of info in each CoroCoro, I'm expecting the following:
--(hopefully) Xerneas and Yveltal's types, I'm expecting Light and Sound respectively. Details on the new types.

There is more than likely not a light and sound type. How would that even work for sound? Jigglypuff in my opinion would be considered a sound type, but it's already considered a Normal/Fairy type. I could see a "Light" type, but chances are very slim. These would add too much confusion to the gameplay. People need to get used to the sensible new type before releasing another two types. Fairy is already going to change the gameplay up a lot.

There is more than likely not a light and sound type. How would that even work for sound? Jigglypuff in my opinion would be considered a sound type, but it's already considered a Normal/Fairy type. I could see a "Light" type, but chances are very slim. These would add too much confusion to the gameplay. People need to get used to the sensible new type before releasing another two types. Fairy is already going to change the gameplay up a lot.

Sound would work in a few ways. For example, Pokemon like Exploud, Kricketune, and Snorlax could all be changed to sound. Many moves (Sing, Belly Drum, Lucky Chant, etc.) are associated with sound.
Light would also be good. Pokemon like Lanturn, Volcarona, and possibly Helioptile's full evo could be light. Moves like Lunar Dance, Light Screen, and Reflect Type could all work for Light.
Xerneas, with the multi-colored horns on its head and being in a bright forest in the trailer, he could definitely be Light.
Yveltal is based on a wyvern, a Pokemon known to make loud screeching sounds. It is also the only Pokemon in the debut trailer to make a sound (other than Pikachu).
If they're just basic types, e.g. Grass for Xerneas and Dragon for Yveltal, then why would they keep it a secret? They did the same with Sylveon, and look what type it is.

Back
Top Bottom