• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

I'm not disappointed by that. I still like seeing how they do their designs. I just hope they do a better job of balancing the number of mega forms they reveal compared to number of brand spanking new pokemon they reveal.

I'm hoping for that as well. I think that's one reason why I was still a bit disappointed with this issue. Even with the shocking news about the Mega Evolutions, I was hoping more actually new Pokemon. The ones we got were cute and I understand why they spent more time on the Mega Evolution, but having a bit more of a balance between the Mega forms they reveal and the actual new Pokemon would be nice. They might not introduce so many Mega forms next time too since they wouldn't have to devote as much space to introducing them and information about the Mega Evolutions in general. At least the updated type chart should be good.

So the Biggest scope of the century in Mega Evolution !
Think , If Every Pokemon gets a Mega Evolution then we will seeing over 1000 new Pokemon !
However , If Only handful of Pokemon can get Mega Evolution then that Leaves One Question-
-Why Blaziken is the only Starter Pokemon blessed with a Mega Evolution ?
I would loved too see a Mega Pikachu & Mega Infernape .
Aside from this ,
It seem we got another potential XY cast girl call Koruni !
But considering Iris , Is it good for her to be a Cast girl ?
Because I believe Iris might have more developed if she was a referring character .
Also ,
No News about XY Anime !!!
I was pretty sure that This month's Coro Coro will reveal something about the New Anime.

So the Biggest scope of the century in Mega Evolution !
Think , If Every Pokemon gets a Mega Evolution then we will seeing over 1000 new Pokemon !
However , If Only handful of Pokemon can get Mega Evolution then that Leaves One Question-
-Why Blaziken is the only Starter Pokemon blessed with a Mega Evolution ?
I would loved too see a Mega Pikachu & Mega Infernape .
Aside from this ,
It seem we got another potential XY cast girl call Koruni !
But considering Iris , Is it good for her to be a Cast girl ?
Because I believe Iris might have more developed if she was a referring character .
Also ,
No News about XY Anime !!!
I was pretty sure that This month's Coro Coro will reveal something about the New Anime.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe it was confirmed that not all Pokemon will be getting megalutions. Also, I believe it is safe to assume that it would be Raichu to get the megalution, not Pikachu.

I find it odd that a starter would "evolve" for a fourth time...I also wonder if they're doing it for all of the starters.
Or what if they're doing this for all wild non-legendary (and most likely only fully-evolved) Pokemon, period...? THAT would be even more 'scoop of the century'.

I don't know how I feel about those [Mega evolutions]...
I know how you feel, I saw the scans and was initially thinking the following:
- Mega Blaziken: Never liked Blaziken's design anyway, so I find this one a little more agreeable (in an Infernape sort of way).
- Mega Lucario: No thank you, Im'a gonna stick with standard Lucario, much in the same way I prefer Togetic to Togekiss (and Scyther to Scizor).
- Mega Absol: Actually quite cool looking, and quite the compliment for a Pokemon who just didn't need an evolution/form in the first place. That fake Absolevo that surfaced months ago just can't hold a candle to this.
- Mega Mawile: Neutral. I just don't see Mawile's appeal, personally.
- Mega Mewtwo: We can now safely establish that this isn't standard Pokemon evolution.
- Mega Ampharos: Neutral. I basically only used Ampharos as a temp until I could catch/raise a Jolteon or Lanturn.

(And that Bob Ross Smeargle is just ... lol.)

Last edited:

Next month's issue should be even more interesting with the type chart FINALLY being revealed and more mega-evolutions.

Also, according to BulbaNews, movie 17 was mentioned on one of the pages. Anyone have any idea what was said?

The one single thing that bothers me about this reveal is that the new gerbil thing is the first Pikachu clone without an Electric-style ability, and has the same abilities as the rabbit. I would have preferred if it had been given something that showed off it's electric type a bit.

By Electric-style I mean things like Static, Motor Drive, and Volt Absorb.

The one single thing that bothers me about this reveal is that the new gerbil thing is the first Pikachu clone without an Electric-style ability, and has the same abilities as the rabbit. I would have preferred if it had been given something that showed off it's electric type a bit.

By Electric-style I mean things like Static, Motor Drive, and Volt Absorb.

Plusle, Minun, and Pachirisu don't have those abilities either, though.

Plusle, Minun, and Pachirisu don't have those abilities either, though.

Oh, I meant to include Plus and Minus in the list.

Pachirisu has Volt Absorb in the Dream World. I guess that means the new gerbil might have Static or something in that way too,.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe it was confirmed that not all Pokemon will be getting megalutions. Also, I believe it is safe to assume that it would be Raichu to get the megalution, not Pikachu.

Was it? That is good, because as much as I like the megalutions, I don't want EVERY Pokémon to get one. That being said, I think at least all starters should get megalutions.

I had a change of heart. The Mega-evolutions look exciting. I still think this whole concept was unnecessary, but I just saw an actual game footage. It really gave a different impression than just magazine leaks. (Seriously, one video can explain much better than just pictures...and change someone's mind)

Mega-evolution reminds me of "Burst Mode!" from Digimon Savers (which happens to be my second favorite season of the Digimon Series.) "Burst Mode!" is also a temporary power-up charge that occurs during battle, and of course, you need an item (your digivice :D) to activate it. You don't advance an evolution stage or anything, but it's pretty similar in concept that you get upgraded stats and a new look. You also return to normal after the battle.

If my favorite pokemon is getting a Mega-evolution, then I'm supporting this idea 100%. Personally, I'd love it if Rampardos got a Mega-evolution, and received a boost in Speed or Defense - and a beautiful design as well :D

Was it? That is good, because as much as I like the megalutions, I don't want EVERY Pokémon to get one. That being said, I think at least all starters should get megalutions.

I couldn't imagine GameFreak wanting to create Megalutions for every Pokemon. It would take them too much time creating a megalution for each current Pokemon in Gen VI, not to mention all the items they'll need to implement into the games to allow megavolving. I'd imagine they'll release a few Mega evolutions of Pokemon every generation.

Yay, we were right about the Gogoat pre-evo. It's adorable.
I'm not too keen on the Pikaclone but the rabbit is alright I guess.

also, Mega Formes? I wonder how this will play out. It's intriguing. Apparently they will all retain their typings (save for Mawile).

You forgot MAmphy, it becomes Electric/Dragon.

It's like Pokemons in steroids. Fancy element but I did wished for Mawile to have a proper evolution eventhough only a few people would use it lol.
So about this Mega evolution, do some Pokemons only gain secondary typing or do they gain bonus stats as well?

Only certain ones gain a new Type. Most seem to get a new Ability as well. As far as stat or movepool changes, I don't think any of that's been released yet.

I think the reason they did this was because fans wanted evolutions of Pokemon like Mawile, Lucario, and Absol, and they're already powerful Pokemon themselves, so Mega Evolutions are a way of keeping the Pokemon and increasing the stats. Plus this leaves more space in the Pokedex for original Pokemon instead of clustering it with evos and pre-evos like in Gen IV.

lolwut? Mawile hardly holds a candle to Absol or Lucario. It could easily be given a normal evolution w/o becoming OP.

Megaforms... well, I hope for an Evo Theme by Psychic Lover on the anime, and you? 9v9

Well, sounds like a good power up for Lucario and Blaziken (catchable torchic, anyone?). Mega Absol looks like Nightmare Moon's son, though.

ffs Blaziken doesn't need more "power-ups". I wish GF would quit tacking crap onto it.

Though I thought those wings on MAbby looked familiar...but in order to actually resemble NMM more I'd think MAbby would need to be a nice dark blue rather than white.

Is anyone else disappointed knowing that CoroCoro will not break any pokemon news bigger than MegaEvolution for at least 87 years? We have nothing left to look forward to.

The concept of Megas definitely lives up to its reputation as "the scoop of the century", quite a big reveal. It basically upened the whole evolution system, moreso than formes. To be honest at first I disliked the Mega form(e)s designs, as they are basically the same Pokémon with flowing manes and some minor tweaks added, but then I realized that these are not evolutions, so I guess it's natural that their appearance won't change as much as it does upon evolution. Also, the overall pattern of the Megas’ designs would explain MegaMewtwo’s appearance: so far, all the MegaPokémon received flowing manes on their heads, and since Mewto’s head is very plain, something had to be added for that effect, thus its tail went to its head.

Nonetheless, this makes me really happy, as Ampharos is already on my top 5 personal Pokémon, and now that it will be more powerful, it will have a new opportunity to shine. Unless of course, every Pokémon gets a Mega mode in which case the epicness of Megas would be less special. This makes me think only a handful of Pokémon will receive Mega modes, but which ones?

no no no no no no no no no no

Brilliant idea GameFreak. It's about time Blaziken got an evolution! Now it'll finally be useable :eek:

It was already usable. Its DW ability pushed him all the way to the Über tier. Now imagine a DW Blaziken on its Mega forme. Or was it sacrasm?

Now that I am on the specific topic of Blaziken, I wonder whether other starters will get Mega evolutions. The Hoenn starters (well, Blaziken and Swampert) are already the most powerful out there to be boosted even further on these games, whereas other starters need more love. What about the Gen V starters, statistically the weakest ones, or Charizard who went from badass to butt-monkey once Stealth Rock was introduced?

Leaving the Megas aside, I liked the new Pokémon. Am I the only one who thinks Horubii ressembles closely the rabbit from Mario Galaxy? Since it's Normal type I'd assume this is Gen VI Rattata. And the new Pika-clone... Or should I say Raichu clone? Save the whiskers and round ears, it looks identical to Raichu, both in design, shape and even coloration. But it's still megacute and being Fairy type twists the pattern a bit, although many would argue that it's yet another excuse to force the debutting Fairy type on players, but I have to disagree: Pikaclones have been about gimmickly demonstrating the new mechanics since day one - Pichu showcased breeding, and Plusle and Minun showcased double battles and abilities, so I guess Dedenne's type is fairly expectable.

I think the best part of the news we got was the picture that shows Skiddo jumping up a ledge (like the ones that you jump down from). 10/10 would buy twice, just because I can now jump up ledges.

Aproximate thought path:

"OH MY FREAKING GOD MAWILEMAWILEMAWILE!!!!!!!!"

"Wait.... Fairy? Tell me it's Fairy? Yes? YEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
And Absol? That's two of my favorites already! Looks absurd but who cares! Actually, it looks kind of awesome."

"Blaziken looks cool, not really digging Lucario or Ampharos butohmygod Mawile and Absol!"

After some time to calm down, these are my thoughts on Mega Evolutions.

+++ Mawile gets it.
- Mawile isn't getting a regular evo (probably).
+ On the other hand, I didn't want Absol to get a regular evo, I love it too much to be forced to choose whether to evolve it for the sake of more power.
- I hope not too many already powerful ones get them, that is some serious power creep.

Aproximate thought path:

"OH MY FREAKING GOD MAWILEMAWILEMAWILE!!!!!!!!"

"Wait.... Fairy? Tell me it's Fairy? Yes? YEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
And Absol? That's two of my favorites already! Looks absurd but who cares! Actually, it looks kind of awesome."

"Blaziken looks cool, not really digging Lucario or Ampharos butohmygod Mawile and Absol!"

After some time to calm down, these are my thoughts on Mega Evolutions.

+++ Mawile gets it.
- Mawile isn't getting a regular evo (probably).
+ On the other hand, I didn't want Absol to get a regular evo, I love it too much to be forced to choose whether to evolve it for the sake of more power.
- I hope not too many already powerful ones get them, that is some serious power creep.

Speaking of power creep. Gen V was said to be the power creep generation. Somehow I think they are trying to creep the other generation so they are up to par on V.

Back
Top Bottom