• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Don't know how I feel about the random yellow on its design - it looked better with just the blue and white ... and pink.

Do the starter evolutions no longer count as spoilers now, or do we wait for the official website/game to update with them?

I am officially satisfied with all three final evolutions. The Sugimori art makes Greninja look so much more awesome. I'm still picking Fennekin, though.

Greninja's head, which is what made a lot of people think it was fake, suddenly looks so much better.

Any news on the booklet which has a list of the mega evolutions?

Once again, the official art makes me appreciate a Pokemon more. I still dislike Delphox, but now I have no doubt in wanting Chesnaught. I just hope the official art helps me to like a lot of other Pokemon in XY.

The official artwork actualy made me like Greninja wich i thought it was impossible and now i love Chestnaught even more.

Delphox' official art makes it look like a druid or something. I like it. In a more fluid pose it doesn't seem like a "cone wizard" like the few screenshots of the model (where it was just standing) and actually does remind me of wizard main characters.

Actually that might have been the problem? Most leaked screenshots showed the models just standing. The only that had a bit more of dynamism to its basic pose was Greninja.

Delphox' official art makes it look like a druid or something. I like it. In a more fluid pose it doesn't seem like a "cone wizard" like the few screenshots of the model (where it was just standing) and actually does remind me of wizard main characters.

Actually that might have been the problem? Most leaked screenshots showed the models just standing. The only that had a bit more of dynamism to its basic pose was Greninja.

It's not like there's many opportunities for Delphox to do anything but stand around and maybe wave its wand around every now and then in game. My problem with it is the tiny head and burgundy becoming the dominant colour.

I still want to know where Delphox keeps its wand. It might be in its tail, but idk.
I love how the artwork looks though.

I thought the wand would've evolved into a staff.

I'm liking Greninja the most of these three, now I don't know if I want to choose Froakie or Chespin as my starter.

Mega Aggron is pure Steel! :D

That's a godsend for Aggron, and a pure type makes Filter a more worthwhile ability for it.

Once again, the official art makes me appreciate a Pokemon more. I still dislike Delphox, but now I have no doubt in wanting Chesnaught. I just hope the official art helps me to like a lot of other Pokemon in XY.

Chesnaught has a genuine powerhouse appeal than the previous grass starters--and that is not because of the spikes! No offense to those who like Delphox but, to me, it looks like a cross between a shaggy dog and a person wearing a long fur coat. Greninja, odd on the tongue (pun not intended), I admit I was hesitant to chose based on design but its starting to grow on me. Swelled tongue-scarf and all.

Sugimori art of Pumpkaboo, Noibat, Clawitzer, Dragalge, Fletchling, Floette, Diggersby, Heliolisk, Carbink, Espurr and Binacle

corocoro11134.jpg

Some new pictures of the starters, mostly in game screens.

corocoro11135.jpg

Another one, art of Aegislash

corocoro111356.jpg

How much exactly was in this CoroCoro?

Last edited:
I really like Heliosk's official art. I feel inclined to use it now. God I am gonna be rotating a lot of mons this gen.

Back
Top Bottom