• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I expect protagonist pics, starter pics, the pokemon prof, and a few town/city pics.

Maybe the rival as well.

- Art of the protagonists, May & Brendan.

What if they pull a HG/SS and replace one or the other (AKA Lyra)? :'(

Personally, I don't think that'll happen. Both May and Brendan were apart of all three games, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. May was a prominent character in the anime. They appear as rivals in all three games aswell. Kris was apart of one game as a playable character with no other ties the series (up until HGSS in which she appeared in the anime but at that point she was already replaced).

If any of them was to be replaced though, I'd say Brendan, but I highly doubt it'll happen anyway.

At the very least, I hope Brendan's makeover finally lets us see his black hair, or turns his hair white. I was too stupid to ever realize it was a white hat. OOH! And we better be able to dress them up as all the other player characters! Including their own original RSE outfits!

Here's a question, as I wasn't here during the HeartGold and SoulSilver came out; but is there a chance that we might get Prof. Birch's new look (If he gets one?) and possibly Norman's new look given since he appears rather early? Obviously, May and Brendan and maybe Wally will get their new artworks revealed as well as the starters.

Here's a question, as I wasn't here during the HeartGold and SoulSilver came out; but is there a chance that we might get Prof. Birch's new look (If he gets one?) and possibly Norman's new look given since he appears rather early? Obviously, May and Brendan and maybe Wally will get their new artworks revealed as well as the starters.
For HGSS, we got the protag.+starter artwork in May, Prof.+rival+rocket grunt+region artwork in June.

There was 4 issues between initial reveal and release for HGSS, and this time around there is 6 or 7. I'd expect that there is more to reveal for these however. Just as an indication.

Shouldn't there be a thread for listing fake CoroCoro scans and similar stuff? I think there was one for X/Y... or maybe not, I can't quite recall. Anyway, this picture here is obviously an horrendous fake. People don't make convincing fakes like they used to.

@Reila; Added a section to the first post, with your fake scan. Hope that's ok with the staff.

Shouldn't there be a thread for listing fake CoroCoro scans and similar stuff? I think there was one for X/Y... or maybe not, I can't quite recall. Anyway, this picture here is obviously an horrendous fake. People don't make convincing fakes like they used to.

Aside the obviously fake sceptile and mudkips sprite being the same from HGSS and the worker having a drilbur nose, it looks ok.

Aside the obviously fake sceptile and mudkips sprite being the same from HGSS and the worker having a drilbur nose, it looks ok.

Pretty sure that's Peeko next to him~

That fake Sceptile mega looks cool, but the overall fakeness is hilarious.

The wings of the fake Mega Sceptile are the wings of Noivern, like seriously look at them, it's the same wings.

Edit: After looking at the Noivern page in Bulbapedia, yeah that Mega Sceptile it's a Sceptile with Noivern wings.

Shouldn't there be a thread for listing fake CoroCoro scans and similar stuff? I think there was one for X/Y... or maybe not, I can't quite recall.

If I remember correctly, two threads we had before that we don't at the moment were an "Is It Real?" thread, and a "Confirmed Information" post.

Even if the Mega Sceptile image was more well done, whoever made that is clearly just messing around. I mean, first of all, Sceptile is listed as belonging to all 3 of the grass, dragon, and flying types. Presumptuous, sure, but maybe not impossible. But take a look at his species, which is the "fool" pokemon. Somehow I don't see this happening. But even if you still want to bayleef, all doubt will be erased when you reach his ability. I'm not even going translate what it says here, because it is a XXX explicit term. I don't think the author intended for the fake to even be taken seriously.

Even if the Mega Sceptile image was more well done, whoever made that is clearly just messing around. I mean, first of all, Sceptile is listed as belonging to all 3 of the grass, dragon, and flying types. Presumptuous, sure, but maybe not impossible. But take a look at his species, which is the "fool" pokemon. Somehow I don't see this happening. But even if you still want to bayleef, all doubt will be erased when you reach his ability. I'm not even going translate what it says here, because it is a XXX explicit term. I don't think the author intended for the fake to even be taken seriously.

That's...pretty hilarious actually. Subtle things that the average Pokemon fan wouldn't be able to notice because they don't know Japanese.

god forbid we forget about the stunning young man mr briney

no offence to you if it seems I'm being rude

That fake scan was trying to recreate the scene of Team Aqua taking Peeko hostage, and Brendan confronting him. It looks well-made, but obviously fake.

That fake scan was trying to recreate the scene of Team Aqua taking Peeko hostage, and Brendan confronting him. It looks well-made, but obviously fake.
oh did'nt know that

Leaked Corocoro Images - Confirmed by Serebi

"The next batch of CoroCoro information have been posted to Japanese forums. The first of which reveals the game, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. As expected, it doesn't show screenshots of the game but rather does what happened in Get TV last night and compares Groudon & Kyogre to the images on the package. The magazine promises that new content will come & be revealed in the issue next month, currently set for release on June 14th 2014." - Serebii.net

Attachments

• corocoro6141.jpg
    corocoro6141.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 1,171
Back
Top Bottom