• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I see a lot of mega bashing here.. But I mean really its remakes. What else could they have shown to boost hype? I mean outside showing the new graphics, secret bases, new artwork, and some new features it would largely be the same game with the addition of throwing in some other box legends ala HGSS. Personally I would rather they throw in new content like megas if they are going to just keep remaking old games. NOW if they were NEW Hoenn games with new characters, new events, and took place later in the time line it would be another story. But we also have to realize that GF has made comments suggesting most if not all pokemons would eventually get megas. we have 721, so yes get used to the megas as a hype device.
Now I doubt gamefreak has shown all the megas, but if they have I join the collective of dissheartened masses here.

Dammit, they really screwed up the release cycle this time. It's one thing to reveal all your megas (since this a content-light game), but to have such a soft release at what should be the hype peak is just disappointing from marketing.

Contrast to the other games this month that have had brilliant hype build-up (Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, even the 67th installment of AC and CoD). Considering Nintendo usually does pretty well at marketing their games as well, this is quite the disappointment.

I see a lot of mega bashing here.. But I mean really its remakes. What else could they have shown to boost hype? I mean outside showing the new graphics, secret bases, new artwork, and some new features it would largely be the same game with the addition of throwing in some other box legends ala HGSS. Personally I would rather they throw in new content like megas if they are going to just keep remaking old games. NOW if they were NEW Hoenn games with new characters, new events, and took place later in the time line it would be another story. But we also have to realize that GF has made comments suggesting most if not all pokemons would eventually get megas. we have 721, so yes get used to the megas as a hype device.
Now I doubt gamefreak has shown all the megas, but if they have I join the collective of dissheartened masses here.

For me, it's not really the lack of content that's the issue (there's actually more than I expected at the start). It's more their awful awful sense of timing, showing all the big reveals months ago and having nothing coming up to release. It leaves us feeling pretty underwhelmed, despite these probably being pretty good games. Also, their priorities are completely wrong. These are remakes, for better or worse, and they should advertise appropriately. That means showing off secret bases and contests, features that haven't been in for generations, not the 54th mega.

Ugh. So many people are so darned upset about the fact that "the leaks and demo spoiled everything!" and "there's nothing left to discover!" You know, there's this thing called not reading this section of the forum called "HOENN CONFIRMED." Besides, just because you know what the game has to offer doesn't mean it's any less enjoyable; every replay a game?

I'll be honest, I didn't really need any more incentive to get the game past the fact that it's a remake of Hoenn. Sure, the Megas and redesigns and all that awesomeness did get me overly excited, but I was completely hyped when I learned ORAS was a thing months ago. Really, what'd y'all want them to reveal if you're so annoyed about everything apparently being spoiled? More Megas? We shouldn't need spoilers as incentive to get the games.

Anyways, this new female trainer... Zinnia or something? I hope she has a fairly active role in the story if she's being marketed as such. It'd be disappointing if she just kind went in and out with little impact on anything, kinda like how Looker was in Platinum...

Last edited:
Dammit, they really screwed up the release cycle this time. It's one thing to reveal all your megas (since this a content-light game), but to have such a soft release at what should be the hype peak is just disappointing from marketing.

Contrast to the other games this month that have had brilliant hype build-up (Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, even the 67th installment of AC and CoD). Considering Nintendo usually does pretty well at marketing their games as well, this is quite the disappointment.

For me, it's not really the lack of content that's the issue (there's actually more than I expected at the start). It's more their awful awful sense of timing, showing all the big reveals months ago and having nothing coming up to release. It leaves us feeling pretty underwhelmed, despite these probably being pretty good games. Also, their priorities are completely wrong. These are remakes, for better or worse, and they should advertise appropriately. That means showing off secret bases and contests, features that haven't been in for generations, not the 54th mega.
I feel they showed most features pretty well that have returned. And improved them quite a bit. The secret bases for one got a huge buff with customization and online sharing. I wont argue that if everything is indeed revealed they blew it this time in advertising, but lets be honest were all still buying and readily excited. This for many of us has been our fandom for years if not most of our lives, better or worse. Its natural mega's will take priority cause their the big thing this gen. BUT BY god gamefreak has done everything right if they kept MEGA FLYGON and MEGA MILOTIC under wraps. I may not care to much, but I know like 90% of fans want them. We also have mega hoopa to expect which they didnt outright reveal. And hopefully the episode delta is foreshadowing of post game events. Would be amazing to have events that let you capture rare event pokemon again. In short try not to be to negative and wait and see how it pans out. In the end you will be happy even if they did a horrible job with the marketing.

People have a right to be disappointed with how Game Freak has handled advertising the game. No BlackOsprey "don't visit the section" has nothing to do with it so don't even go there. It's not about spoilers, I couldn't care less, it's about the fact that a lot of what they've chosen to advertise should have been kept surprises and ANY other game company would have known that instead of showing everything before release. The games being remakes is NOT a reason they can get away with showing everything about the game before release and if you think it is then don't get a job in marketing. It's like how XY revealed like 45/72 new Pokemon (this is just a random number, but it was around 45 iirc) - it's completely stupid. They could have shown plenty of things while still keeping secrets but they instead chose not to and people have every right to be disappointed with how it's been handled.

I honestly feel like with the addition of mega evos they just got confused or to overly excited in the marketing.. Or they are making the unfortunate mistake of assuming they are infallible and we will buy what ever they release regardless and assuming us all simple. But when has a gaming company ever done that?

I like how Masuda had this to say about a future Snap remake/game:

As a player I definitely want to play a cool new version of Pokemon Snap but at the same time I also think if it was just a remake with better graphics I don't think it would be as interesting as a lot of people are imagining.
If someone was to end up developing it they'd have to come up with some cool ideas to really make it a good game for the current generation. It's sort of like what I was saying about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. If it was just a direct port that would be kind of neat as well, but having new elements is definitely important.
As far as I can tell, the only major changes from RS to ORAS is upgrading the mechanics to the current generations' (Megas, Fairy type) and modifications of existing elements to take advantage of current hardware and mechanics (e.g., Contest Spectacular, Secret Bases).

It's not just a port, but he acts like what Game Freak has given us in ORAS is at all substantially different. It's almost like Masuda knows there's nothing there so he has to go around saying "It's different!" in hopes that people will parrot his sentiments.

People have a right to be disappointed with how Game Freak has handled advertising the game. No BlackOsprey "don't visit the section" has nothing to do with it so don't even go there. It's not about spoilers, I couldn't care less, it's about the fact that a lot of what they've chosen to advertise should have been kept surprises and ANY other game company would have known that instead of showing everything before release. The games being remakes is NOT a reason they can get away with showing everything about the game before release and if you think it is then don't get a job in marketing. It's like how XY revealed like 45/72 new Pokemon (this is just a random number, but it was around 45 iirc) - it's completely stupid. They could have shown plenty of things while still keeping secrets but they instead chose not to and people have every right to be disappointed with how it's been handled.

This so much. I couldn't help but make comparisons between the marketing for XY with the marketing for ORAS. If this is really all the Mega Evolutions from these games then that was really foolish of them to reveal them all before the games are released.

Episode Delta sounds intriguing though. It would be absolutely amazing if we could fly in space...

Last edited:
You guys are getting mad for no reason. If someone hadn't hacked into the demo, we wouldn't even know if there were any more Megas or not. It's only because we more or less do know by looking at what people have found that none of us should even know in the first place that everyone's getting upset over the marketing. Honestly, there's still plenty of stuff for you to discover assuming you haven't already exposed yourself to what people have found in the demo coding.

You guys are getting mad for no reason. If someone hadn't hacked into the demo, we wouldn't even know if there were any more Megas or not. It's only because we more or less do know by looking at what people have found that none of us should even know in the first place that everyone's getting upset over the marketing. Honestly, there's still plenty of stuff for you to discover assuming you haven't already exposed yourself to what people have found in the demo coding.

Not really, looking at the demo code, the only thing that they haven't touched yet is the Battle Facilities, that's really about it. That's not exactly a lot to be left to be discovered.

Either way though, even if the demo didn't come out, there would probably still be disappointment at the release of the game because then we'd be finding out that there isn't much left. The only real difference between the two scenarios is when we find out this information.

Sorry but when they reveal the post-game plot BEFORE release something is not right. They could have kept Zinnia, Mega Rayquaza and this whole sequence of events for us to discover for ourselves, but nope, they decide to show us it one week before the games release.

And don't tell me the reasons why I'm "mad" and "upset" (neither of which I am, I'm just disappointed with how Game Freak constantly make stupid choices) because it's quite insulting, especially when you're not even right about it.

At the very least, this early post-game info dump gave us artwork for Zinnia when past post-game characters get none (poor Emma)

Well we did get Essentia art... but yeah none for Emma out-of-suit. It still bugs me how we got no official art for the Shadow Triad even after all this time

On a more positive note, I do like Zinnia's design. For some reason I was expecting an older person, but she looks quite young. Her Mega... thing, does look really awkward to wear though. If she trips and falls it's looking like a broken leg because I doubt it can bend.

What if there's another event post game having to do with any of the other non-Hoenn legendaries that are in the game. Like Episode Delta is the main post game, but there's something else after it (Beta? Kappa? Some other letter?) having to do with Zinnia/Higana.

A part of me wants to say this is like a "HA! YOU THOUGHT WE WOULD FLAT OUT TELL YOU ALLLLLLL OF THE POST GAME A WEEK BEFORE! PSYCHE!" sort of thing. But another part of me still wouldn't be surprised if they did just give up after what happened with XY leaking a week early and decided to leak it before anyone else could.

I'm pretty sure Zinnia is part of Episode Delta. She's the keeper of lore, has a full team of dragons (and whismur for some reason) and there's Mega Rayquaza.

I meant some other post game event having to do with her and give or take one if not all of the other legendaries that are in the game.

Sort of like how the Looker thing had different chapters. Episode Delta may just be the first one or one of a handful of things having to do with Zinnia.

I like how Masuda had this to say about a future Snap remake/game:

As a player I definitely want to play a cool new version of Pokemon Snap but at the same time I also think if it was just a remake with better graphics I don't think it would be as interesting as a lot of people are imagining.
If someone was to end up developing it they'd have to come up with some cool ideas to really make it a good game for the current generation. It's sort of like what I was saying about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. If it was just a direct port that would be kind of neat as well, but having new elements is definitely important.
As far as I can tell, the only major changes from RS to ORAS is upgrading the mechanics to the current generations' (Megas, Fairy type) and modifications of existing elements to take advantage of current hardware and mechanics (e.g., Contest Spectacular, Secret Bases).

It's not just a port, but he acts like what Game Freak has given us in ORAS is at all substantially different. It's almost like Masuda knows there's nothing there so he has to go around saying "It's different!" in hopes that people will parrot his sentiments.

I find his opinion about a Snap remake hilarious considering that's exactly what they did with FRLG/HGSS..... and now they're doing it once again with ORAS (which he oddly tries to imply is innovative yet it isn't at all)
I really fear the future of Pokémon tbh...

there's still plenty of stuff for you to discover

Like what, exactly? The officially released information totally spoiled us any plot changes from the original RS, and we pretty much know everything about the game right now. They really didn't leave us much if anything to discover on our own, which is just messed up.

There seriously are people that complain about the amount of revealed information ("there's nothing left to discover!") and THEN complain that their favorite aspect of the game isn't revealed. Really amusing.

There seriously are people that complain about the amount of revealed information ("there's nothing left to discover!") and THEN complain that their favorite aspect of the game isn't revealed. Really amusing.

It's also amusing that some people have nothing better to do than to come here to bait arguments too :]

Sorry but when they reveal the post-game plot BEFORE release something is not right. They could have kept Zinnia, Mega Rayquaza and this whole sequence of events for us to discover for ourselves, but nope, they decide to show us it one week before the games release.

We're not even sure if it's post-game content.

Back
Top Bottom